Author Topic: Zombie invasion  (Read 9245 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie invasion
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 03:52:31 pm »
what about the fast and strong zombies that are totally stupid?

if that was the case i would
1. i would find a shotgun and go rambo
2. i would find a flamethrower
3. i would use traps and gadgets to kill em off
4. i would hide.
if i do these things i may survive.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

werechicken

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 04:02:59 pm »
incidentaly what percentage of the population are zombies?

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 04:40:20 pm »
Most of the teenage population of America. About 23.154598% of the world's population are undead in some form.

werechicken

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 04:04:30 am »
I think in england it's most of the adult midle-class

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 04:54:42 am »
Walking round my local shopping centre (mall) reveals that most of the people in there are zombies. Why else would they just stop walking when there's a load of people trying to get past them.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 06:14:13 am »
what about the fast and strong zombies that are totally stupid?

if that was the case i would
2. i would find a flamethrower

Okay. Bad idea. You got mindless things that don't feel pain coming at you from all sides and you want them to be on fire? :-\

As for my own answers:

1. Get my friends and family, a quick supply of basic weapons (as guns stop being useful after a while, though we'd have some of them too), steal a supply truck and load it with canned foods from Wal-Mart, and go to a bunker powered by windmills that I know of about 20 miles outside of town. [I figure with these sort of zombies, you got time. They're slow and dumb.]

2. Grab my friends and family, head for the airport nearby, and fly around till it's over or till all of mankind has been wiped out. We would land occasionally at airports and refuel, while also stocking up on provisions. [This only works because one of my friends is a pilot and a very good one too.]

3. In this case, I'd have to act fast! Drive to the convenience store, barricade myself in with as many people as possible in the time that we have, sleep with the best looking girl in the place ('cause I figure we're about to die so maybe she'd be more willing), smoke a cigarrette, and then kiss my ass goodbye. Probably end up gassing the place to kill us all gently, to avoid the eventual being eaten thing.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 07:04:25 am »
I notice a lot of these plans have a common feature: Wallmart.

Who are the real zombies here?

;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 07:47:49 am »
We actually have plans for this sort of thing, believe it or not. I'm part of Oxford University's Zombie Defence Initiative (no kidding).

Zombie type 1
Very slow and stupid can not open doors or duck crawl and other things you can fit in if you just moan a lot.

Grab my mates & gf and seal down our college. The thing is well over 600 years old with several foot thick stone walls. All we'd have to do is cover all the windows and keep watch from the roof. Then, we wait. Watch a bit of TV, sit on the net and watch videos on YouTube of people blasting the crap out of zombies. They won't last long against the military.

Zombie type 2
As fast and strong as a normal human can crawl and run can tell the difrence from humans and zombies.

As above, but arm ourselves, ration food and prepare for a long siege. Essentially be incredibly careful and operate the strictest quarantine. Construct bridges to access nearby buildings and slowly clear a barricaded area into the centre of town and the shops therein (which luckily happens to be literally at the end of the street). If things die down, venture out with small parties for food and supplies and contact other groups. Presumably the electricity/net access will be cut, but we'd survive.

Zombie type 3
As fast and smart as the human it once was can open doors crawl duck use guns ect anything a normal human can do it can do.

Make peace with myself and spend my final hours making the philosophical choice of whether to pull the trigger of the gun in my mouth or join the slavering hordes.

Other plans:
Don't go for malls. Everyone will go there. You can't keep quarantine or live in a space with a thousand other people. You'll run out of food and sanitary conditions will be horrible.
Don't use unorthodox weapons, or those you are not trained to handle. Chainsaws and flamethrowers neither work effectively against zombies, nor are safe to use. The odds of you finding a usable katana or similar weapon are near to none. Longer weapons are the way to go (eg. polearms) - projectile weaponry with a lot of stopping power is the most preferable, but remember they often have limited ammunition.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:51:25 am by Daxx »

werechicken

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 02:36:24 pm »
I notice a lot of these plans have a common feature: Wallmart.

Who are the real zombies here?

;)

I live in the Uk so our version of Wal-mart, ASDA, is nowhere near as important but is it true you can buy guns and stuff of that ilk in Wal-mart in America?

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 02:57:43 pm »
Type one: Inform the emergency services. It's their job to deal with zombies, not mine.

Type two: Ditto. Frankly, zombie invasions just aren't as effective as real human invasions. Zombies are about as useful as Daleks* in a lighthouse.

Type three: "Everything humans can do" includes negotiating. So it's quite possible to avoid brain-eating, chainsaw superviolence, or even the regular type of hit-with-stick violence. Humans and zombies can coexist peacefully, without any more pointless killing or re-killing.

*Old school Daleks that can't go up stairs, obviously.
Not a winner anymore.

TheChaos7

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 06:50:51 pm »
We actually have plans for this sort of thing, believe it or not. I'm part of Oxford University's Zombie Defence Initiative (no kidding).

wtf?

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 07:06:42 pm »
Sheesh, haven't you guys read The Zombie Survival Handbook?

First off, all zombies are dumb and slow and can tell the difference between humans and zombies.

Secondly, everyone will be heading for Walmart, so it's safer to stay in your own house.

And third, I have too much time on my hands.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 07:10:44 pm »
That you do vivy that you do...
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 07:13:12 pm »
That you do vivy that you do...

I'm sure my name is short enough to justify not calling me that.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 02:40:37 am »
wtf?

I really wasn't kidding. There's a student group devoted to keeping the university safe from zombie attacks. Also, whilst there are no zombies we spend our time drinking. So far, we've done a lot of drinking and Oxford hasn't once been overrun with zombies.