Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 18290 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo III
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2008, 12:07:03 pm »
What's yer username? I've been looking for someone to play with who isn't a douche, and who isn't a quest-jumper.

*mumbles about the god-damn quest-jumpers*

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2008, 04:19:50 pm »
I'm on USWest as MetallicDragon if anyone wants to play sometime. I've got a 18 assassin I've been workin on.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:22 pm »
lvl 10 barbarian, europe, though... so i dunno.

i think it was veraal i called him.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 06:43:20 pm »
>.>

Username is DoctorZ (of course) I'm on USEast.

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2008, 04:54:33 am »
How can people complain about five character classes? Back in my day, you got three, and you were glad you got that many!

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2008, 05:09:26 am »
those were the days.

Offline econundrum

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2008, 07:51:27 am »
looks like titan quest but with better graphics.
Titan Quest looks like Diablo 2 with better graphics =/

But it doesn't play as well as diablo 2, much of the loot is useless, there is little to spend money on and nothing you can do with low grade loot but sell it, also the characters and abilities are not as good. IMO.

Diablo 3 has actually made me go back and play Titan quest again which I hadn't for a while, it's OK but diablo 2 is hands down better game play wise even though on the surfice they are very similar.

Actually thinking of trying to get Diablo 2 working again on Vista..is that possible? I'd love to play that instead of Titan Quest it is just better.

So Diablo 3 is a must buy for me and I want it to still resemble Diablo 2 not WOW2 in the Diablo universe.

As for only 5 character classes, I' rather have 5 well developed and balanced classes that have various development options depending on the skill trees you choose to develop within the class, than I would 20 poorly developed and balanced classes as in Titan Quest.

So to sum up for me Diablo 2 was great the best game of it's type hands down with the LOD expansion especially. The changes In D3 look all positive, the sense of scale and destructible parts of the environment, the UI changes and what we've seem of the game play.

For me Diablo 3 is a must buy, just wish it was out today and not still 2 or 3 years away.

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

David Friedman.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/econundrum

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2008, 07:56:25 am »
Actually thinking of trying to get Diablo 2 working again on Vista..is that possible? I'd love to play that instead of Titan Quest it is just better.

Diablo 2 works fine on my Vista laptop, and it doesn't even need the CD anymore thanks to an official patch.

Offline econundrum

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2008, 08:29:56 am »

Diablo 2 works fine on my Vista laptop, and it doesn't even need the CD anymore thanks to an official patch.

Cool, thanks for that reply I'm out tonight but will be reinstalling D2 tomorrow, can't wait to get back into it.

;D
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

David Friedman.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/econundrum

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2008, 07:24:32 am »
I am a few days late but I just felt like saying that the timeline update was one of the most pointless updates from a game company I have ever seen.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 08:00:59 am »
I am a few days late but I just felt like saying that the timeline update was one of the most pointless updates from a game company I have ever seen.

And they made it up to me. More gaming companies should do this type of pandering.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/wizard.xml