Author Topic: The Ptashki  (Read 11738 times)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
The Ptashki
« on: June 05, 2006, 01:33:39 pm »
The Ptashki are a race of sapient flying mammal-bird hybrids, meaning they carry traits of both. They have been created (by me) specifically to test the limits of Spore and remain doable in the game. The various parts they possess are those that have so far been seen in Spore. I do have some pictures of them, I just need to get the scanner up and running. :P Anyways, here are some characteristics:

*slightly asymmetrical
*humanoid shoulder/arm, splits at joint to two more arms.
*Top left arm ET like, Top Right weapon (horn)
*Bottom arms insect like, 5 appendages
*bird-like wings on back
*Neck arches from shoulders, over head, and then connects on top.
*Two Z-shaped limbs for legs with velociraptor feet.
*Slim body, 3 feet tall, very social, have feathers resting on left shoulder, right leg, little spikes on opposites

Here's the wiki article: Ptashki

Here's a little story about them and their evolution:
There are no asymmetrical or flying creatures on their homeworld. The Ptashki noticed this difference and thus think they came from someplace else. This is only reinforced by the fact that their DNA is only 80% on common with their nearest relative and that their moon has life.
They believe they came to sapience by a need to memorize island locations on their homeworld, and what resources each island had. This snowballed into tribal Phase!! (Next Post, most likely). Any comments?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 02:44:45 pm by stuckin2004 »

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ptashki
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:50:08 pm »
Good idea. Can't wait to see more.

(Wonder why their moon blew up?)

What will you do?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:58:41 pm »
I dont think their moon did blow up...

Its in the picture
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:59:12 pm »
On the wiki, you can see the other picture.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:01:54 pm »
Oh, thats nice and clear then  ::)

Offline Cheesecow

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • "Experience is nothing, leveling is everything."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 03:27:23 pm »
lol the moon looks kinda like earth,
and Id love a pic of the piktadhdsfds... w/e its called
any one on the alliance playing on WoW server hyjal should message my lvl 70 NE hunter Trenth

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 06:53:45 pm »
Ok, so I made a really quick sketch of a Ptashek (thats how they refer to themselves in singular form). The actual drawing (I hope) will turn out better.  :P I'm not that good with a mouse.
http://artpad.art.com/?j0f17r25mzg

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 09:35:12 am »
Tribal Stage

EDIT: Here's an artist's rendition of a profile of a Ptashek:

The Ptashki entered the Tribal Stage not with the invention of fire. They digested raw meat quite well, and the addition of fire did not boost their population. The thing that did finally launch them into the tribal stage was the cultivating of a certain plant, the Zregen. The Zregen was like a normal tree, except that its branches could combine with each other, and in rare cases, with other trees. The Ptashki learned how to control the growing of these plants and designed cage-like huts a few feet off the ground. This protected them from a range amount of ground based predators. They continued to be nomadic, each tribe sharing huts when migrating from island to island, but soon stopped when they learned how to cultivate foods, feeding them to domesticated animals. Thus began their close ties with nature. They were even hesitant to use metals, deeming them unnatural, but still developed normally (bronze age, iron age, etc..).

This is how some of their huts look like.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:56:02 pm by stuckin2004 »

Offline Cheesecow

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • "Experience is nothing, leveling is everything."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 07:59:47 pm »
lol I like the huts... Kinda look like a gazebo (or however u spell it)
any one on the alliance playing on WoW server hyjal should message my lvl 70 NE hunter Trenth

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 09:43:31 pm »
Ok, the picture is coming soon, I promise. But anyways, the Ptashki are about a their bronze age when they invented writing. This is early for most species, but two things must be kept in mind. First, the Ptashki are reasonably intelligent and curious, second, the different tribes are very isolated and need to convey messages to eachother. The easiest way to do this was by using symbols, then letters. Also you must keep in mind that they view metal as unnatural and prefer using organic materials, though they see why it is necessary, making advancement by ages invalid. Anyways, almost right after the first historians put pen to paper (or in Ptashki kind, Zheema root to a cultivated, very thin Zregen plant) a remarkable event occurred, in fact, it is called The Event.

As is evident by the picture, the moon blew up. This even went to the annals of history. It influenced all Ptashki thinking from that point on. The Ptashki used to believe in their moon, Shviatwo, as a goddess, one of many in their complex religion. Now, they saw it as a sign from their sole god to stop worshipping other gods, and focus on one. Ptashki philosophy and thinking was forever changed. Only until the biofabrication stage (the Ptashki equivalent for information age) did they find out the truth...

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 08:59:25 pm »
Cool story so far, i wonder are they going to become a purely organic race? With organic ships and such? *evil eyes begin to glow*
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 12:00:32 pm »

Here is the better image of a Ptashek! I'll edit this post with a picture of the planets later, but now it is a bit easier to see what I had in mind.

Also, here is the Ptashki technological age equivalents. (Based on Empire Earth II eons, Prehistoric-Industrial are the same, though progress is slightly slowed due to distrust of metals)

Modern - More oriented on Plastics and Genetic Engineering, Flight, cars not invented, islands too small, view it as inferior.
Atomic - Biotechnology phase, more biological weapons.
Digital - Biofabrication age. Develope genes and proteins for use in computers, though still use silicon.
Genetic- Perfect health age, full control of lifespan, living creatures
Synthetic - Nanotech age. Use knowledge of protein building to make proteins self-assemble and churn out any desired product.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 01:18:17 pm »
Very nice, keep em coming.

How about some religion? or writing a little more about every period of time?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 03:46:51 pm »
Thanks,

I will write more when the time comes. I kind of just want to get the skeleton of the story on first, and then flesh it out. I'll heed your advice however. But here goes their BE (Before Event) religion:

BE Religion

Before the event, Ptashki religion (called In'ne) was a complex form of heirarchies and incest. (as all classical religions are  ;)) It combines aspects of Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Catholicism, and something else. The part of Ptashki religion that resembled Hinduism was Monism. This states that all beings, gods, objects, software, is in essence one being. In the Pashki's case, this being was called Vielki. All were part of him, but two main branches came from him, Good (Dobry) and Evil (Zwy). From these, many other gods, goddesses, and demi gods split off. Various shrines were set up on the outskirts of towns praising these idols. Mere mortals could only be worshiped like this by either doing something extremely bad (as in the case of Samo Boystvo, who led a cult and brought 250 Pashki to death in matching sneakers, or doing somehing very good. This was usually characterized by a great scientific advancement. Thus, scientists were idolized and religion welcomed them with open arms. To this date, The Church of The Moder In'ne Religion has only made five people saints. One discovered DNA, another was responsible for The Genocide of the Featherless (the lowest caste, exiled onto the mainland for centuries. More Details later  ;)). The Ptashki priests were actually children, because of their innocence. Of course, they had a helping hand philosophizing. Rituals generally took place on the water, which was thought the midpoint of land and air. Churches were made out of Water Zregen Plant, called Zvoden. These also possessed the same abilities. Several of the rare tree-to-tree mergers were linked together. Different islands generally maintained slightly different customs, but the Church had messengers and scouts that made sure no island deviated too much. The church generally sought to be in one with nature, and that aspect remains to this day. The greatest sin was to pluck the feathers of one Ptashek and masquerade them as your own. The second greatest was murder and lying, in a tie. Punishment for such great crimes was usually exile to the mainlands with the Featherless, and also a feather plucking of their own.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 04:11:03 pm »
I can see the polish words cropping up  ;)

Vielki roughly means big, or great.

Dobry literally does mean good

Zwi I'm assuming is an alterante spelling of Zli (I'm figuring these out form half forgotten Czech so I'm not up on Polish spelling)

Zvoden realtes to water (Voda in Czech)