Author Topic: Hey hey! Its a creature: The ViS  (Read 73899 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Hey hey! Its a creature: The ViS
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 03:25:45 pm »
No offense but, this seem like a very dull species. Boring body and windowless buildings plus all gray and white stuff. I see their method of galactic domination is to bore all the species to compliance.
Exactly! Theyre the most boring species you can possibly imagine. Theyre known throughout the galaxy as the most cripplingly tedius people known to intelligent life. The only reason people tolerate them is that they do the paperwork... hell, they practically enjoy the paperwork (they dont really because they were pretty emotionless to begin with and they removed the rest in the Simplification). I'm going to have to think hard about what they were like before that though...

Good idea, yes they have systems to manipulate the weather (constant light cloud cover).
They eat a flavourless grey paste which is grown by microorganisms which live in vats.

See that is even creative becuase its point is to be borring ROFL

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 03:29:14 pm »
No, still have yet to see/read it, arg got so many books to read...aaaaaaahhh god.

I like the creature, but I think it still needs some more work in 'flavouring' and such. Yes even boring creatures have flavouring.

So things like history, customs, relative species, warfare, I dunno.

Personal art galleries:

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »
I just invented them today. Flavouring will be released episodically. Hydro and Huggs didnt do all their drawings and histories in one night :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Psy_Guy

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 09:49:17 pm »
thats cool and all but if i see that its dead...        unless its got a good planet the it can be a slave  ;D

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 10:01:39 pm »
and they'd probably bore the Torpal so much that they just say "hell with it" and blast the whole planet with megalasers just to make it quick.

my creation was referanced elsewhere! I feel so special! ;D

i like the vis..but yes, as for the torpal...

*first (and only) torpal-VIS encounter*

*torpals survey planet*
torpals: what the f@%$?!?
*torpals land on planet*
*vis leader arrives*
*torpal walks out and kicks him over*
*torpal leaves*
*torpals hang heads in shame*
 :D

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 10:36:30 pm »
That city was majorly depressing! It's an entire race of chartered acoountants! Say it aint true!  ;D
I like your idea more and more. As someone said before, they're like the Vogons, but totally without their cool features(ruthlessness, uglyness). If the Nauceans are the peacebringers in the universe, and the torpal are the warmongerers, then these guys are the poor sods who keeps track of it all!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 10:36:20 am »

Here we see the ViS language... it consists of three vowels and four consonants (this is the full range of sounds the 'simplified' ViS can actually pronounce). The ViS language is as simple as everything else about them. They have no synonyms, no abstract adjectives (beutiful, angry, fantastic etc etc). If something new needs describing, a new word is cobbled together from existing words (a bit like in the German language but more so).

All this has given the ViS a reputation among the other civilised races of the galaxy as boring and uncreative. The ViS take exception to this. After learning what art was and searching numerous cultural databases the greatest artist the ViS have ever produced, Lim 26 (the ViS naming system consists of three letters and a serial number), created the masterpiece "circle in square rotated exactly 45 degrees from perpendicular from the ground":

The ViS have never really understood why most people they show it to just laugh... although it did fetch quite a good price in the contemporary art circles.
The version shown above is on display at the ViS' one and only museum of art. The building houses this piece and another on loan from a race of deaf and blind aliens with which the ViS have established a rather pointless cultural exchange.
The sign on the left indicates the gift shop where patrons may purchase a replica of "circle...". Over 6 billion have so far been sold to ViS across the galaxy. Copies are hung in most ViS buildings in a vain attempt to persuade people that the ViS are as creative as any species you might care to name. Most remain unconvinced.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:53:48 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 11:16:26 am »
well. I would like to separate them from Vogons. the Vogons have established a ridiculously complex beurocracy. The ViS are sought after as administrators because they simplify beurocracy. They may not be fun at a party but they can organise your files so you never lose anything again. They also find work running alien colonies on planets where resources are scarce (like the ViS homeworld). You can be sure nothing will go to waste if a ViS is associated with the project in some way...

Oh! I almost forgot. For anyone wanting to draw a ViS somewhere outside a ViS controlled facility (wink wink). The Vis wear skintight suits to keep moist when not in a location conditioned for habitation by ViS.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:22:11 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 12:06:22 pm »
How do they, uh... Reproduce?
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 12:09:51 pm »

they'd probably bypass the inefficiency of biological reproduction and use machines and genetics.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006, 01:26:36 pm »

they'd probably bypass the inefficiency of biological reproduction and use machines and genetics.
Nope. Keep it Simple Stupid!

The ViS reproduce by asexually creating an egg in their stomach/lung organ. Once this has grown to a decent size they cough it up in a cocoon of mucus. A few weeks later the ViS juvenile emerges. It takes exactly two months for a ViS to reach maturity. In these two months they are taught everything they need to know (their learning capabilities having been artificially boosted).

Each ViS produces one egg every five ViS years (Once they had the technology the ViS artificially altered the orbit of their planet so a year lasted exactly 100 days). Each time a new ViS matures, the oldest ViS are assigned for termination. They voluntarily have themselves killed. The remains are liquidated and used to grow the algae which is consumed by the living.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
I like these guys more by the minute ;D
The art picture was hilarious.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2006, 01:59:09 pm »

Nope. Keep it Simple Stupid!

The ViS reproduce by asexually creating an egg in their stomach/lung organ. Once this has grown to a decent size they cough it up in a cocoon of mucus. A few weeks later the ViS juvenile emerges. It takes exactly two months for a ViS to reach maturity. In these two months they are taught everything they need to know (their learning capabilities having been artificially boosted).

Each ViS produces one egg every five ViS years (Once they had the technology the ViS artificially altered the orbit of their planet so a year lasted exactly 100 days). Each time a new ViS matures, the oldest ViS are assigned for termination. They voluntarily have themselves killed. The remains are liquidated and used to grow the algae which is consumed by the living.

LOL no wonder they are borning, they don't even have sex :P

Atleast the Nauceans have a cloaca to reproduce with. And those who do not know what a cloaca is here ya go...

Cloaca
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cloaca

Offline Henry

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006, 03:59:34 pm »
Wow, these guys rock! Just keep the information and pictures coming! :D I'll definately ally with these guys (although what we will probably see is the pre-genetic mutation stage)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 02:44:51 pm »
Krakow Sam don't forget to post these on Spore Planet. I want to make sure everyone who has posted on these and other forums is represented on my Spore Art Gallery Website.

Spore Planet
http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/