Author Topic: Did you know...  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Did you know...
« on: June 03, 2006, 10:41:14 pm »
lt's realy hard to post from your PSP. This is the best I could do

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: Did you know...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 02:14:19 am »
Yeah I'm using a computer, and look how much I typed in so much less time!

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 03:05:11 pm »
I had to update my firmware to play a game, and I thought I would try out the web browser. Boy it's really a pain to navigate

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:16:49 am »
I can't wait to try out the browser on the PS3.  I remember how great and easy to use it was on the Dreamcast.   ::)

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 03:29:18 pm »
The Wii would have good web browing capabilities I assume.
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:01:24 am »
It would be easier to control, at the very least. But I imagine the pages would still be pretty slow, and do they still have to block certain pages?
I remember with the DC a lot of "unsuitable content" was blocked and it just wouldn't load the page. Funnily enough Sony.com was classified as unsuitable content.

But I don't know how console browsers work these days, I don't see the point of even having it.  Is there anyone that even remotely likes this feature?

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:46:31 am »
It would be easier to control, at the very least. But I imagine the pages would still be pretty slow, and do they still have to block certain pages?
I remember with the DC a lot of "unsuitable content" was blocked and it just wouldn't load the page. Funnily enough Sony.com was classified as unsuitable content.

But I don't know how console browsers work these days, I don't see the point of even having it. Is there anyone that even remotely likes this feature?

It would be maybe convenient at times but as a selling point? Not especially, no. I think the easiest to navigate with would be the DS Lite, but that's just my opinion since we're all relatively familiar with working on PDAs and the like with internet access and a touch-screen interface. Only thing really missing is a keyboard. Wow, a digital paper keyboard with touch capabilities would be amazing ... I hear they're working on that.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 12:06:23 pm »
It would be easier to control, at the very least.  But I imagine the pages would still be pretty slow, and do they still have to block certain pages?
I remember with the DC a lot of "unsuitable content" was blocked and it just wouldn't load the page.  Funnily enough Sony.com was classified as unsuitable content.

But I don't know how console browsers work these days, I don't see the point of even having it.  Is there anyone that even remotely likes this feature?

It would be maybe convenient at times but as a selling point? Not especially, no. I think the easiest to navigate with would be the DS Lite, but that's just my opinion since we're all relatively familiar with working on PDAs and the like with internet access and a touch-screen interface. Only thing really missing is a keyboard. Wow, a digital paper keyboard with touch capabilities would be amazing ... I hear they're working on that.

Not to mention that most people have a PC at home that they can browse the web with much more easily. When on the go, not all people have laptops/PDA's, so a web browser would be much more useful on a DS.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 12:16:48 pm »
Navigation really sucks on a PSP, it jumps from link to link. I couldn't find a scroll bar.

You can use the thumb stick as a mouse, but the page should move when you move the mouse to the side of the page

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 10:53:46 pm »
Navigation really sucks on a PSP, it jumps from link to link. I couldn't find a scroll bar.

You can use the thumb stick as a mouse, but the page should move when you move the mouse to the side of the page

If you hold square, the page moves.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 02:49:56 am »
i cant wait to see that opera thing on the DS...i think is much more easy whit a stylus  ::)

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 10:02:26 am »
...Opera?

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 10:17:46 am »
A review of the beta version of OPERA for the DS:

http://my.opera.com/organicchunkysalsa/blog/show.dml/309706

Sounds pretty good to me. :)

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 06:30:11 pm »
What no fire fox love? 

Meh, I don't really care as long as it's not IE

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 01:12:07 am »
opera is aa company that makes internet for other devices or something...like the ds or the wii :P and i dont think mozilla does that

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.