Author Topic: The Reclaiming Of Durl  (Read 7285 times)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
The Reclaiming Of Durl
« on: June 03, 2006, 09:30:20 pm »
This is the Thread for the battle of Durl, the Torpal controlled by Operaghost are going to be involved in this also if the Scientists that were sent to Durl arrive they can participate as well. Hopefully we will reclaim Durl shortly and be at full military strength.

First lets get the setup straight.

Rules
-No Double Posting
-No Powergaming (the Hylden are weak when it comes to ranged weapons and in melee there semi difficult because of there ferocious style so a single warrior killing 10 is not unheard of)
-I will decide the outcomes of a fight unless the fight is already on the verge of a easy win.

Other than that have fun.

Serlan Forces
100 Serlan Troopers(Not in Mechs or Vehicles)
10 Manta Gunships
5 VK Gunships
25 Melord Pilots w/Suit
15 Kono Pilots w/Suit
15 Potos Pilots w/ Suit

Joondo Frigate
15 Corsairs
25 Talons
10 Fades
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Enemy Hylde on the island
Approx-500 Hylde
Scouts report that the Evolution of the Hylde is that they have infected Underwater Creatures so they can escape or reinforce eachother via the Ocean. They also seem to have effected some of the Air Creatures so be warned of Air Assaults. The Hylde so far are not able to carry weapons as of yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Island is only a good 10 KM's Long so thats pretty small but its easy to defend. The island consists of 20% Beaches, 75% Vegeations and 5% of the Island is the Serlan Fortress.

The Fortress is surrounded by Walls that are about the height of your average castle walls. Inside there is a landing pad for the supply ships and transportation vehicles. There are also 10 Barracks for the Serlan Warriors, and then there is a Mess Hall for eating. There is also a very large garage for the Mechs where they are kept and maintained. There is one large Command Building where the Commanders dwell and where the Tactics are relayed. Floating a few hundred feet above the base is a Joondo Frigate that provides support for the Serlan and if the Fortress was to be overrun the Serlan would retreat to the Joondo.

There are quite a few guard towers surrounding the Fortress so it is very heavily defended. There is only one entrance and that is a long slope that leads up to the heavily fortified gate. The only disadvantage is the thick Vegetation that covers 85% of the Hill so the Towers arent to effective at hitting enemies that are behind cover.

Currently the Serlan Forces are all in the Fortress waiting for the Torpal to arrive, once they do they will begin reclaiming the Island.

Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: The Reclaiming Of Durl
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:53:09 pm »
///The Auyuelcliads sent some troops. Details are:

Frigates (3)
Fighters with pilots. (25)
Auyuelcliad Foot Soliders (50)
Cantabriaire Knights (25)
A Sarrakai Legion (25)

We will attamept to land on the beach, we excel at fighting in sandy conditions and can help hold the front. If we are defeated, we will attempt to retreat to the fortress.///
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 12:21:03 am »
Alright,im guessing that your forces also brought the scientists you said you would bring, unless you are going to bring them in when the island is secure. Once Operaghost has posted about his forces we will begin the fight.
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 02:31:44 am »
// A ViS stripper will be on standby to scour the island if it all goes wrong but will not be participating in comabt... perhaps you should contact the space war union.... it will keep them out of trouble.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 03:01:05 am »
Alright,im guessing that your forces also brought the scientists you said you would bring, unless you are going to bring them in when the island is secure. Once Operaghost has posted about his forces we will begin the fight.

Yeah,I forgot them. Shall we say i dropped them off at the Fort?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 06:58:32 am »
//The two warships we have provided have arrived! Good luck to you all!//

The two warships contain:
-600 combat-ready troops (580 normal soldiers, 20 commandos)
-6 close-combat mechs
-6 ranged mechs
-20 personel fighter craft
-2 Goliath trucks
-40 diadems
-20 defensive turrets
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:18:32 am by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 10:18:30 am »
(Alright were all set, with the Scientists in the Fortress along with the Torpal and the Auyuelcildens about to land on the beach we should have no problem reclaiming the Island, if the SWU wish to interfere then they can face the hundreds of Warships surrounding the Planet, we'll see how long they last/I will also update my fanfic characters as new characters will be introduced as well as some old ones will be returning)

Reclaiming Of Durl, Operation Island Retake-Day 1
"Warriors of the Serlan, this is the day that we take back our Island...this is the Day that you youngbloods will gain your honour and raise your pride...this is the day when the Hylde will know the true might of the Serlan. Look in the sky my brethren, the Torpal who are Warriors like us have sent us two of there great vessels full of Warriors just like you, young, and old who wish to do battle with the Hylde. There are scientists in the base who will study the Hylde and teach us and the other races about there secrets, but for now we will do war".

The Serlan began pounding there armour and some raised there Weapons in triumph as they readied themselves for the long battle, there numbers were few but the Torpal were with them, and it would be an easy victory. Word also spread of another race that had come in to help them called the Auyuelcliads who were also great Warriors.

General Dralo, the Serlan who had just finished his speech to the other Serlan Warriors quickly walked into the Command Building. On the line was the Torpal General for the Warships. "Welcome Honourable Torpal, I am General Dralo...we are about to commence the retaking of the Planet, may I suggest that you drop squads of troops on various areas of the Island, that way we will not be all one gigantic wave of soldiers and we can retake the island faster".

General Dralo would standby for the Response and then he and the Serlan forces would begin the battle. However several minutes before the speech he also contacted the Auyuelciads and he also let them know that they were about to attack. Now it was up to the Torpal.
---------------------------------------------------
Alright heres the Objectives for the Retaking of the Island
The main objective for the Serlan was to secure the Island and to completely destroy all the Hylde.

Secondary objectives are too set up a better defensive perimater around the coastline so that the Hylde will have trouble taking it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 10:47:20 am by Durgon »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 10:21:57 am »
// A ViS stripper will be on standby to scour the island if it all goes wrong but will not be participating in comabt... perhaps you should contact the space war union.... it will keep them out of trouble.

Wait, what?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 11:10:12 am »

Wait, what?

To entertain the troops. Keeps Morale (along with other things) up.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 11:26:24 am »
General Dralo, the Serlan who had just finished his speech to the other Serlan Warriors quickly walked into the Command Building. On the line was the Torpal General for the Warships. "Welcome Honourable Torpal, I am General Dralo...we are about to commence the retaking of the Planet, may I suggest that you drop squads of troops on various areas of the Island, that way we will not be all one gigantic wave of soldiers and we can retake the island faster".

//Excellant plan. We shall deploy groups of 100, as well as our commandos, around the island for maximum effectiveness.//

Secondary objectives are too set up a better defensive perimater around the coastline so that the Hylde will have trouble taking it.

//Once the coasts are cleared, we shall place our turrets around the planet, as well as constant patroling by our personel craft and mechs.//
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 11:51:48 am »
(Alright the attack is going to begin in this post, Opera im going to introduce your Torpal during the fight so i hope thats ok, if not I can edit my post. If you want you can post your own fights going on as well but once I see that we have succesfully won we can move on to taking the planet.)

"Very well, we will begin the attack at once", spoke Dralo. The Serlan Warriors were already at the gate when Dralo came out of the HQ Building, the gate guard looked at him and Dralo nodded, the massive gate opened and 50 Serlan Warriors rushed out to do battle with the Hylde. Dralo saw 5 Melord Suits fly ahead of them and they were obviously going to provide air support for there Allies on the beach. Dralo gave a grin and ran out of the Fortress his rifle in hand.

The Serlan Warriors all stopped at the Forest line and regained there composure, only a fool would rush in there and the Serlan were not fools. They slowly began at a walking pace as there line of Warriors moved into the forest. 5 minutes into the forest there was still no contact until suddenly figures could be seen through the fog of the forest. Dralo made a few hand signals that were passed down the line and the sound of weapons and Warriors being put into position could be heard. At first there was only the sound of movement and a rustle here and there and then there were the growls of the Hylde as the prepared themselves.

Dralo stretched his hand that was on the trigger and then once more steadied his aim. Dralo almost jumped whne he heard the first shot of several Teslin. The Warriors around him did not bother to look over to the noise for that was not how they were trained. Several more shots were heard and Dralo continued watching the fog line until he saw them. Like crazed Demons they charged at the entire line, he saw them all over the place, some were on the trees others just running straight towards them. His ears were attacked by the sound of weapons fire going off everywhere. Dralo saw his victim, the Hylde was much larger than the others and in the end that was his downfall as the Hylde collapsed to the ground holding onto what was left of its shoulder.

Dralo didnt have time to aim at the next target for the Hylde were so numerous you could simply rapidly fire and hit many of them, and this is what Dralo did. Several minutes passed by and each minute the Hylde slowly got closer. But then the unthinkable happened, from behind there lines Hylde with wings landed behind them causing some of the Serlan Warriors to turn around and open fire on them. This in turn lowered the casualties for the Hylde that were rushing them and in a matter of seconds Hylde were engaged in melee combat with several Serlan.

Dralo watched in horror as the Serlan beside him only 5 meters away gunned down 5 Hylde only to see the Serlan killed by more Hylde as they jumped over there brethrens dead bodies. Durl however was use to Serlan deaths and with a roar of anger he wiped out his Templar Sword and rushed the 4 Hylde. Dralo managed to cut one down with a mighty swing but he was quickly slashed in the side by another who saw him. However Dralo's armour protected him and two other Hylde met there demise as his sword cut through them. One Hylde however, obviously the stronger one quickly grabbed Dralo from behind and bit into Dralo's shoulder causing his arm to go limp and his sword to fall out of his hands, the second Hylde grabbed onto his legs and they quickly overwhelmed him and took him to the ground. The Hylde leader looked down at Dralo a grin on its ugly face. "You Serlan are nothing but fodder for us, you kill hundreds of us but thousands will rise from the ashes, and soon...soon we will take control of the Galaxy". The Hylde raised its claw to finish Dralo but suddenly there was a massive explosion that sent dust over the Serlan defence line.

There was the sound of several Hylde crying out in pain and the sounds of melee combat and several weapons going off could be heard. Dralo and his two Hylde opponents looked over at where four figures could be seen, they were not Serlan nor were the Hylde. The dust cleared and Dralo widdened his eyes at what he saw. Like a angry god destroying his enemies, four Torpal rushed out of the ashes, there gleaming swords cut through several Hylde that could do nothing against them. Dralo watched in horror and amazment as one Torpal killed the Hylde leader and its companion in just a few precise shots. The Torpal wore armour that didnt allow Dralo to see his face but as Dralo quickly got up and grabbed a hold of his sword the Torpal stopped its killing and looked at him, Dralo couldnt help but give a grin, at what the Torpal said-"Somebody call for an exterminator?".

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 08:18:48 am »
Can we have a map? my troops are currently fortifiying and barricading the a bunch of beaches.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 03:33:10 pm »
alright I'll make a map of the Island in paint and a map of the world...

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 08:24:44 am »
Thanks Durgon ;)

By the way, the Auyuelcliad soliders are armed with Halyon weopons, that fire out clouds of the gas. This is to ensure Undamaged samples for experimentation. They will only be employed early on in the mission, afterwards we shall switch to conventional blasters.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:22:21 am by Balthamael »

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:53:39 pm »
alright good idea, however the beach is going to be pretty hostile and theres a whole planet full of these things so dont worry to much about it. Anyway i dont go on the computer much on weekdays so expect a map tommorow.