Author Topic: Bunkers  (Read 6522 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Bunkers
« on: June 02, 2006, 06:37:22 am »
Wouldent it be cool if your people could hide in bunkers if the city was getting attacked,In the Games Hurasic Park Operation Genisis if the dinos broke out our a typhoon was comming there were emergency bunkers you could buy,Id love if that were in it,But you would want to place them accordingly so an area which genraly had alot of people there you place a bunker there.

We all b one big intergalactic family and  if you don't comply...NUKES....

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bunkers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:32:18 pm »
nah, it would make the game to tactical which distracts casual gamers,

It might be neat to see even if you didn't need to worry about placement, ff it was more of an automatic thing of course.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:39:46 pm »
The cities seem pretty uniform in population density (within the city), and, once they were done panicking, the aliens in the E3 video seemed to run for cover in buildings.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 10:41:26 pm »
I think it would be great!

Tactics and strategies would be fantastic to introduce and play out if desired.  If you don't then you could just set a slider to 'auto-tactics' and the tribes people/city people/planetary citizens could just fend for themselves.

I would love to see (perhaps as an expansion) the civ game and space game expanded to the complexity of starcraft/warcraft.

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 12:55:50 am »
From my perspective, casual gamers should be skinned alive and drug through the streets on meathooks.
Us gaming fanatics require razor-fine control over all aspects of my host civilization. The depth of gameplay should create a soul-consuming abyss from which there is no excape.

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 01:03:56 am »
From my perspective, casual gamers should be skinned alive and drug through the streets on meathooks.
Us gaming fanatics require razor-fine control over all aspects of my host civilization. The depth of gameplay should create a soul-consuming abyss from which there is no excape.
But remember, it were casual gamers that were (and still are) attracted to the simplicity and ease of use of The Sims.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 01:10:43 am »
The Sims was pap intended to be shoveled into the maws of the computer version of rednecks. Dollhouses taken to a new level.
Some more experienced gamers may have found enjoyment in it beyond a momentary fancy, but not I.

Spore is supposed to be something else entirely; a work of art.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 01:13:06 am by Hectonkhyres »

Offline Blindsite

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 08:58:39 am »
I agree with both.  There should be manual control for those stratagy types and auto for those that just want to have fun.  However if we are to make a work of art I really think it needs to be muliplayer in order to shine.  I don't care how smart the ai is a human being will always outsmart it and then the player will get bored.  Add multiplayer and detailed control and you will be adding a whole new element to the game.  It will go beyond the sandbox, beyond civilization, beyond exploration it will become an rts the world has never seen before!  Add the FPS element and you'll have flight control, mortal combat, pretty much with a wee bit of effort Spore could crosss all genras of gaming.  There would be something in it for everyone and therefore everyone would buy it.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 09:19:18 am »
I agree with both. There should be manual control for those stratagy types and auto for those that just want to have fun. However if we are to make a work of art I really think it needs to be muliplayer in order to shine. I don't care how smart the ai is a human being will always outsmart it and then the player will get bored. Add multiplayer and detailed control and you will be adding a whole new element to the game. It will go beyond the sandbox, beyond civilization, beyond exploration it will become an rts the world has never seen before! Add the FPS element and you'll have flight control, mortal combat, pretty much with a wee bit of effort Spore could crosss all genras of gaming. There would be something in it for everyone and therefore everyone would buy it.

i don't think i would lke an FPS element in it. maybe rts but i think by the time you get to the point were you could get guns, its an RTS. and besides, that would'nt mesh tgether like everything else does,(microbe, creature, tribal, civ., gun?)i think that would break the mesh of it.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 04:46:34 pm »
I agree that (at the moment) and FPS wouldn't work for the game...  it's just out of context.

But yes, echoing the comments of a few others, the problem would be easily dealt with by making very detailed RTS components that are all fully automatable.

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 05:36:00 pm »
This is ment to be the Game of the century,of course it should be stratigic....Well you dont have to be though,your creature could be the kind where they go with out question.

Offline Raisins

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Mr. Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 01:17:47 pm »
I don't know why but I have a feeling that this will actually be in the game.
SporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSpore

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 05:21:52 pm »
Maby because your working for Maxis hmmmmmm......Im get too paranoid.

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 07:55:24 pm »
I'm guessing it's like every other RTS - you can garrison your villagers/troops in buildings. We can't be sure there'll be bunkers, but there will be defensive structures/abilities.

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline Fatalfist

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 08:03:25 pm »
I'm guessing it's like every other RTS - you can garrison your villagers/troops in buildings. We can't be sure there'll be bunkers, but there will be defensive structures/abilities.

im gessing itll be done automaticly (if it happens) you probly wont have that kind of control when he said simplified version of rts. im betting it means youll make your guys send them in or send them to attack attackers and not much more