Author Topic: Time span from omeba to universal conquest?  (Read 8165 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Time span from omeba to universal conquest?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2005, 05:19:09 pm »
In a single go... with one creature... I could see myself spending upwards of seven or eight days on it.

And a ton of those wonderful all nighters that get you in trouble the next day.

Gotta love it!

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2005, 05:24:19 pm »
Well, I'm probably going to take my sweet time with my first creature and mess with EVERYTHING...

Then I'll go powergamer and develop the ultimate Stormtrooper race and destroy every planet in the universe with my Death Star.

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2005, 06:14:05 pm »
for me at first im going to mess with evertying getting the hang of everything, making stratigies, testing, experimenting, and etc, but then ill make a fantastic creature.

Offline SL

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2005, 07:34:48 pm »
I'm wondering how long it'll be before someone makes a video of going from single-celled-thingy to UFO in just 15 minutes.

Offline Slyght

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 01:28:37 pm »
I'm wondering how long it'll be before someone makes a video of going from single-celled-thingy to UFO in just 15 minutes.

I was actually planning on taking screenshots and blogging the process of my creature/tribe/city/civilization/planet/etc, but you gave me the idea of maybe fraps-ing clips and creating a little movie as well.  I doubt one could go from cell to galactic conquest in 15 minutes though in straight gameplay :)

One thing I was thinking about was how Sims 2 played out.  If I recall correctly, one minute in real life is equal to one hour in-game, and a Sim lives for about 75-85 days.  Doing the math, that comes out to 30-34 hours of gameplay (and you can add another 12 in there with the Young Adult stage in the University expansion) per generation of Sim from birth to death.  Granted, a good portion of that is fast-forwarded while all your Sims are at work and/or asleep, but it still takes quite a bit of gameplay just to get through ONE generation of Sims, and you generally would keep on playing as your Sim's kids, and their kids, and so on.

It feels like Spore's going to be a much deeper game than the Sims 2 was, so I think the 8-12 hour estimates I'm hearing are quite a bit on the low side.  My guess would be closer to 30, if not higher.  I'm sure powergamers can probably blow through the earlier stages faster, but I'm planning on playing it at a relaxed pace and try to extend the experience much longer. 

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 01:55:59 pm »
Spore is going to be so much better than the Sims. This game will rock!

Offline Slyght

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 02:19:17 pm »
Spore is going to be so much better than the Sims. This game will rock!

It's this kind of talk that set people up for major disappointment with games like Fable and Star Wars Galaxies :)  But I agree, this game looks to be fun.

Offline dvalladt

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 02:45:44 pm »
I was actually planning on taking screenshots and blogging the process of my creature/tribe/city/civilization/planet/etc

I for one would like to see this kind of thing, kind of like the "major diaries" people did for SimCity4, but for some reason I'm more excited for the storytelling -or just plain "look at this gorgeous screenshot"- that will come from Spore.

And me, I would probably play the game quite slow too, I like

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 03:40:51 pm »
i play star war galaxies and i think its pretty fun ;D