Author Topic: The Mouthies  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
The Mouthies
« on: May 30, 2006, 10:18:32 am »

You may have seen the page on these artificial creatures on SporeWiki, but I decided to put them here. (Finally)

The mouthies were artificially created by my initial race (I have no idea what they will be so I have merely called the the OverSeeing Ones) as an experiment in abstract life. They have four legs, but at the end of three of them are hands that double as feet. Only the leg is the front has a proper leg and it is the strongest limb, as it can support their entire weight. They also have their eyes on their "knees", allowing them four-way sight which is almost all-seeing with only a few blindspots.

Nearly all of their actions are related somehow to their mouth (and therefore digestive tract and other connected systems), eating is a an obviously central function where as reproduction is performed with actions that would make us think they were vomiting. As with everyday actions, rituals are also mouth based, such as their death rituals where the young eat their own parents after they die.

The mouthies are not a particularly bright bunch, but they have "naturally" come into sapience. Most of their inventions, with few exceptions, were "given" to them by their creator race in secret after a sacrifice of their reproduction material. But due to the large sacrifice and their overall dim minds, as well as intervention of their creators, the mouthies will be a tribal race for a very long time. Despite their tribal state, they have a few more advanced inventions, including cars and computers, however, both are primitive as they have not internet to connect the computers and the cars do not manage to travel far. Due to these limitations, all interactions between tribes are done by traditional methods, such as walking.

Though the sapient mouthies are isolated for purpose of research, (and not to mention sick fun, especially in the form of "Mouthy TV" on the OverSeers homeworld) the OverSeeing Ones inform any craft which enters the mouthy solar system not only to leave so they do not interfere with the experiment, but also that they could have a mouthy of their own. Currently, mindless mouthies are available. The OverSeeing ones will continue to work with their creation to see if they can truly become gods.

Virus Buster.

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
Re: The Mouthies
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:13:58 pm »
nice creature, i especially like their history
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Re: The Mouthies
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:54:41 pm »
Dang, I gues my creation didint turn out that creative, if you want to know what I mean, follow the link in my signature