Author Topic: The Gjah  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
The Gjah
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:10:01 pm »
The Gjah (Gi Jah)
In the distant galaxy of Jahzabul, in the Starsystem of Juzuad, there is a planet that is different from most planets in that region. Instead of being barren, empty of life, or gaseous, it holds life. Life in all kinds of forms indeed. There are wonderful plants in all colors, animals that are tinted in the spectres of the rainbow. This planet is named Hujhad or, if you translate it, the Gem. Hujhad is the home of a lifeform different from the normal animals. It is the home of the Gjah, intelligent beings. Animals that are able to reason.

The Gjah evolved from the family of omnivorous, six-legged mammals. This specification of mammals, as there are many different types of mammals with six legs on Hujhad, is called the Zurth. Zurth are usually omnivorous, rather small, and mostly social animals. They raise their youngs for a long time and they usually build social structures. The Gjah developed in a hillterritory. The Hills provided them with fruits from trees, meat from other animals, and with fungi as well. Biologically they build castes, one third of the Gjah went hunting, one-third went gathering, and the last third protected the young. Now this was before they developed sapience.

A Gjah is made up of six limbs, two of them are arms, and the lower body would be made up of the four hairy legs. The legs resemble the legs of bears, and they are furred in green to yellow tones. The upper body is also furred but not as strong as the legs. Their arms reach down to the floor and are very muscoulous. Their head is like a mixture between a wolf, a human, and a deer. They have horns, a snout, and human like teeth. Their ears are big, and pointy. Their eyes are usually yellow, red, or blue. The average Gjah is about 7ft tall and 3ft wide.

The Gjah, as they developed sapience, kept on with this "custom". The protecter cast soon became the players caste, the Gatherers became farmers, and the hunters became explorers and diplomats. The three different castes did not hold any grudges against one another and they lived in happyness. Tribes developed and different nations were born. The Gjah did not like war, war was useless to them. When they had disputes they would discuss it over and over and then finally, if they would not come to a conclusion, they would play sacred games to determine the rightious. The Gjah were very peaceful.

The Gjah have a united religion known as Trajahla. It was written after the prophet Tjal had done some miracles. Suposedly, Tjal had stopped a plague with a single word, he had given food that satisfied the locals for 3 months, and he beat off a horde of Graja (six-legged predators) with a single gaze at them. He taught the Gjah about honour, he taught them about ethics, he taught them about responsibility. If you read the Traja (the Trajahla Book of Teachings) it says:
"We were not created by gods, if not by the very nature herself. Nature has given us the knowledge because she considers us worthy. Nature must be nurtured, strengthened, and honoured at all costs. Any horrible acts done against another Gjah is defying the law of Nature."

The Rules of Trajahla
1 Kill only if you must, do not kill Gjah
2 Heal nature, if it suffers try to find a cure
3 Honour your hunt
4 Honour your Harvest
5 Honour your Children
6 Honour your Parents
7 Eat as much as you need, never more
8 Do not waste anything

Holy Games: Jajah-Jajah: This game is played in a triangular court, there must be three teams consisted of 5 players. There is two balls and one spear. On each wall of the triangle is a Goal. If you throw a ball in the goal your team scores 2 points, however the team that got the goal in loses 1 point if that happens. Over each goal there is a hoop with a board behind it. If you manage to throw the spear into the hoop your team scores 5 points. The spear may not be used against another player. The players all were protective armours made of gold, silver, and platin. The game is long and quick paced. Each game is made of three thrids. Each third lasts an hour. Each team may change players 15 times. The ball may be volleyd, thrown, and kicked. Further information: This game is usually played when there is a dispute of three factions. Later on, once they developed a civilization, it was played recreationally however.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Gjah
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:48:25 pm »

Wot no pictures?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 03:44:45 pm »
O,o

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 06:05:31 pm »
The Gjah have a lifespan of 250 years. They are considered mature when they reach the age of 32. The Gjah are extremely strong therefore they soon discovered masonry. They easily took huge boulders of rocks to build houses. Their architecture is usually rather simple. They focus more on literature, and arts. They have realised art types from realism to abstract but are very interessted in alien art, especially Surreal Alien Art. The Gjah have also an interesst in culinary delicatesses. They love cooking. Their Jikhala Flambé and their Grikja Puddings are famous all arround their Galaxy.

Gjah are rather peaceful when they encounter new races. They do know how to fight they just choose not too. Therefore their weapon technology is not very advanced but they make up to it with their stealthy, and fast scoutships. Those ships have a stealth screen installed that makes them undetectable even to the finest instruments. This class is referred to as Zujah, Nightcrawlers. Another shipclass is the Gijah, the Master Artist. This Ship is designed to shape the top of a planet. The Barren wasteland planets in their system have been shaped and now resemble the faces of the three greatest heros in Gjah history. Tjal is on the first planet closest to the Gjah homeplanet. Hjillja, the master artist, has the second planet. Finally, Sijahja the priest inhabbits the third planet.

The Gjah have developed Anti-Matter Power. Therefore they have unlimited, completely clean energy. The Gjah honour sapient creatures as they consider them chosen by nature. That includes AI, as they say their creation was unnatural perhaps but they have proven to be enough in the face of nature to develop sapience.

Every year on the 500th day of the year the Gjah travel to the "Holy City". An empty city that is only used for the annual festival of dancing, drinking, mating, and praying. Ritually each Gjah plants a tree nearby the city. As the Gjah developed spacetravel they have created other cities on other planets that resemble the homeland's "Holy City". Their plan is to make the universe a greenhouse of plant variety.

When Gjah visit new planets they usually take samples of the trees and such, and plant them in the ship's garden.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:49:58 pm »
Boy the ViS would just love them.  ;)

What will you do?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 02:25:59 am »
Hmmm, yes... they seem to have no weaknesses or flaws at all. Most suspicious.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 10:57:42 am »
Hmmm, yes... they seem to have no weaknesses or flaws at all. Most suspicious.

//Would you like us to find one?//

:D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 12:40:14 pm »
Their flaw is their love for nature and life. They hate to see suffering and it terrifies them to think of death by violent means. This race is unable to fight, unless they are extremely demented. Also they are highly emotional, imagine a labile teenager's emotion x3, their emotionality makes them somewhat ineffective at times as they refuse to work for too long and such things.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 12:46:13 pm by Flumberg »

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 12:49:34 pm »
BTW the Gjah do not support, nor like Genetical Engineering. They consider it unnatural and rude towards nature.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 12:55:56 pm »
That will be intresting...

What will you do?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 01:41:34 pm »
Their flaw is their love for nature and life. They hate to see suffering and it terrifies them to think of death by violent means. This race is unable to fight, unless they are extremely demented. Also they are highly emotional, imagine a labile teenager's emotion x3, their emotionality makes them somewhat ineffective at times as they refuse to work for too long and such things.

Well I still hate them. Wishy-washy treehugging goody-two-shoeses that they are. <half-hearted wink>

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 10:53:32 pm »

Well I still hate them. Wishy-washy treehugging goody-two-shoeses that they are. <half-hearted wink>

Ha ha, well they seem like the Wexxians biological comparison, hurray more interstellar hippies  ;D

When Gjah visit new planets they usually take samples of the trees and such, and plant them in the ship's garden.

uhhh... ET. phone home!!!  :D

Offline Flumberg

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 08:58:14 am »

This is kinda how a Gjah looks like. As you can see it walks Gorrilla like.

Offline Paroxysm

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • "You must kill your best friend."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 08:15:24 pm »
If my guys find them (I haven't posted about them on the forums yet), I'll blow up the third "face planet," then procede to enslave them. Afterwards, I go evil on them and blow up every other planet in the system.

Cruel, I know, but I hate tree-huggers/life-churchers.
Don't say "welcome to the forum" or anything similar to that to me. I've been here forever, just never found the need to post.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:11:56 am »
If my guys find them (I haven't posted about them on the forums yet), I'll blow up the third "face planet," then procede to enslave them. Afterwards, I go evil on them and blow up every other planet in the system.

Cruel, I know, but I hate tree-huggers/life-churchers.

You're a little sick you know that :P

Anyway very nice creatures, a bit too ceremonial I think but the whole peaceful approach is pretty nice.

Maybe you can write more about their religion?