Author Topic: X-Men 3  (Read 11405 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men 3
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 06:27:34 pm »
Other than that the movie is just as bland as the others. Rogue's supposed to be there to add some sort of emotional depth to the movie, but I just found her annoying. There were other moments in the movie that made me go "cool." when they happened, particularly involving Iceman, and Juggernaut are the ones I can specifically recall, Spike also had a really surpsingly/cool moment at the end. This movie also did well to constantly remind us of the scope of Magnetos powers, not always directly (him using them), but indirectly, as in, the military advisor explaining why they can't send tanks.. or airplanes.. or basically use anything within our extremely powerful modern-day military to stop magneto. Answer - He'd simply crush everything.

They had some useless mutants in this movie. Rogue and cyclops didn't do crap. Angle could have been taken out completely and no one would notice. Shadow Cat, Beast, Juggernaut were all great. I kinda wish they didn't try to make wolverine the main character, I didn't like his tough guy with emotions parts.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 07:33:05 pm »
I saw the helmet, and your right it's not too bad. Even if they didn't make it the same as the comic they could have made it a little better.

Anyway, I will always remember this movie. No, not for a plot or anything like that.

Towards the middle of the movie, it cuts out and the last 2 seconds of a song play. The announcer then says "That was outrages..." Apparently that was the name of the song, but it fit my assessment of the situation rather well  :D

Anyway, we stayed after the credits (did you know they put the catering in them) to see the end part. Well the movie cut out again. Could some one sum up the ending after the credits?

Overall, it wasn’t too bad of a movie. The plot didn't really go anywhere though

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 08:43:55 pm »
SPOILERS!!!!!!!***!*!*!*!

at the end of the credits, we see a man in hospital bed with a nurse addending to him.The man stirs a little and says, "[INSERT WOMANS NAME HERE]" The woman looks at him it shock and says, "Charles?"

***END SPOILER***
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 09:09:55 pm »
They had some useless mutants in this movie. Rogue and cyclops didn't do crap. Angle could have been taken out completely and no one would notice. Shadow Cat, Beast, Juggernaut were all great. I kinda wish they didn't try to make wolverine the main character, I didn't like his tough guy with emotions parts.

I completely Agree. Angel was pointless, so much so it actually pissed me off, I would have rather not seen him in the movie at all, but whatever. The other inclusions weren't bad. Cyclops, as I said, I was never happy with his portrayal in the movies, he took a back seat to everything. Yet he's a very good character, and incredibly powerful to boot. Yet he was put to waist. Again, Rogue - pointless. Beast was great. And they could have done alot more with Colossus, especially since Juggernaut was in the movie. You'd think they'd exchange a punch or two, atleast. Colossus was another guy that wasn't really needed, which is a shame.

"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 09:13:28 pm »
The scene with juggernaught and kitty just made the movie for me.

******/SPOILERS!!!!!/***********

/kitty pulls juggernaught into the ground then gets him 'stuck' mid-floor, p*ssing off Juggernaught/
Juggernaught (w/ australian accent) "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH!?!? I'M THE JUGGERNAUGHT, B!TCH!!!" And he proceeds to break out of the floor.
/later on/
Kitty: You don't see me hiding now, do ya? ... d!ckhead!
/juggernaught yells and runs at kitty and the kid, you-know-what happens and i laugh/
 ;D
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 11:05:19 pm »
There's a growing number of people saying that this isn't the last movie.  Everything from missing character to underused characters to  the teasers at the end (before and after the credits). "the last stand" does not mean "the last movie" . In fact they were apparently supposed to make six movies. I have a feeling with the introduction of the new characters, the deaths of the other ones, and the.. well.. you know.. to the bad guys, it leaves room for a new direction..

Not to mention the Wolverine spinoff. And  my friend claims that they are making a moving based on Magneto from the 1930's - 1950's. I haven't heard anything about this, does anyone know if this is anything more then speculation?
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 01:30:47 pm »
There's a growing number of people saying that this isn't the last movie.  Everything from missing character to underused characters to  the teasers at the end (before and after the credits). "the last stand" does not mean "the last movie" . In fact they were apparently supposed to make six movies. I have a feeling with the introduction of the new characters, the deaths of the other ones, and the.. well.. you know.. to the bad guys, it leaves room for a new direction..

Not to mention the Wolverine spinoff. And  my friend claims that they are making a moving based on Magneto from the 1930's - 1950's. I haven't heard anything about this, does anyone know if this is anything more then speculation?

Yeah, I herd the same thing. I think Wolverine and Magneto are both going to have movies.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 03:43:51 pm »
If they make a Wolverine movie, it sure as hell better have Omega Red and Gambit in it.

Oh, and because of all the out there stuff that happened in the movie, I thought Bishop was going to show up after the credits...at least I hoped he would. I also suspected that the man in the bed might have been Apocolypse. Don't lecture me about what he looks like or where he came from, I know. I just thought they would some how make up a story line for him.

I liked the movie, I thought it was good for having a brand new director. I thuroughly enjoyed it despite being a fan of the comics and 90's cartoon. It is a good interpretation, and makes for some mean fight scenes. I will definately buy it.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 04:00:00 pm »
If they make a Wolverine movie

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

As for Gambit
Josh Holloway was offered the role of Gambit, but turned it down because the character was too similar to his character on Lost. As a result, the character was never added to the film since this would have been a special cameo put in later had Josh decided to sign on. 

Offline dmngd

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • FOR AIUR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 04:19:22 pm »
This thread has gotten dangerous to people who haven't seen the movie yet, it's soo tempting to read the spoilers. xD

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 12:43:15 am »

They certainly inteionally left it wide open for anything they might do in the future, but that's definatly supposed to be the last, not counting the spin-offs.  And maybe in the future, it wouldn't suprise me if they make more, but I'd seriously doubt it would be with the same cast.

I really liked the movie though, I'm not a fan of the comics or anything so I have no idea how accurate any of it was, and I don't really care.  It was a pretty good action movie, a lot of cool scenes.  Rogue was still annoying as hell but she was in it so little it didn't really matter.

And I really liked the last few minutes of the ending.  Spoilers:  It's only logical that he would have wore some kind of armour, considering he knew they had those cure guns..  For most of the ending I was thinking "How stupid can he be?"  Then it all made sense.   ;)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 12:58:29 pm »
I want to see it for the sake of seeing it, as I have to watch all the superhero movies. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081693/

^ - Teh roxor super hero movie - ^

Anyway, I think it looks cool so far. Someone said something about de-aging Ian McKellen and Patrick Steward 25 years, can't wait to see how that plays out!  :D

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 01:26:47 pm »

Anyway, I think it looks cool so far. Someone said something about de-aging Ian McKellen and Patrick Steward 25 years, can't wait to see how that plays out!  :D

Yeah they use cgi to take 20 years off their face for a flashback scene. Patrick Stewart looked far better then Ian McKellen, or at least the difference was much more obvious.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 02:08:03 pm »

Yeah they use cgi to take 20 years off their face for a flashback scene. Patrick Stewart looked far better then Ian McKellen, or at least the difference was much more obvious.
Really? The review I read said that McKellen looked like he did when he was still playing Hamlet in the Royal Shakespeare company and Stewert just looked like he had been botox'd
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 04:33:26 pm »
yeah I thought Stewart looked younger.  I think besides removing the loose skin the biggest thing was Stewart looked tanned, and made him look younger while McKKellan's character alreay had grey hair.  And although Stewart is bald, in my opinion the end result did a better job of making stewart look young then it did McKellan.