Author Topic: How did you discover "Gaming Steve"?  (Read 47429 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover "Gaming Steve"?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 03:58:37 pm »
Cool AN posted a link here on another forum called MEMW, if you've ever been htere (don't go, it's falling apart!)

...where did cool An disappear to, anyways?

Hes still here... he mainly posts in Forum Games now.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline cptrootbeer

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 08:44:48 pm »
I just recently discovered podcasting and I was searching a few lists of podcasts.  Gaming Steve sounded interesting so I checked out the site and was hooked.  I didn't know what spore was for a long time, but I got very interested thanks to the podcast.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 01:25:40 am »
From GameFAQs as well.  There was a link to the podcast with the mass of Oblivion information.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 12:08:11 pm »
gamespot from the spore union
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PhantomVI

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 04:52:45 pm »
I think I found Gaming Steve via the GDC Spore video a few months back. Started visiting regularly and listening to the podcasts after that, then finally joined the forums last week...
A spunky load of noodles.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 09:12:32 pm »
Spore. I saw an article on it in PC Gamer, frantically searched for forums, and as the game fell off the radar, as did my interest. Later, I stumbled onto the bookmarks and I checked some out. All were dead or dying, except Steve's. So I lurked for a few months, started listening to podcasts, and finally started posting on the forums recently.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 10:30:42 pm »
I  heard from him at planetspore.com and I just signed up.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 04:14:56 am »
After IGN started their podcasts, I decided there must be more video game podcasts out there, and Gaming Steve kept getting mentioned on websites on google

Offline psychodrive

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 06:56:24 am »
i was at work, silently going about my business, when steve's site came up in some random search on a game review if i recall. unless he was mentioned in "The Escapist", in which case it would have been them I randomly found on the net, and I just followed the links.

I'm tempted to put "link follower" as my religion in the next census.
Yes, I play games. Really.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 08:08:09 am »
One of Steves podcasts was mentioned on the official Elder Scrolls website, the one where he interviewed Pete Hines. That's first episode I listened to, and I subsribed after listening to it, being a good quality podcast. I've attempted to listen to other podcasts but I still havent found any as good as steve. Other podcasts have a tendancy to have people that are just annoying or silly, and also often have ads. Anyone know of other good quality podcasts? Does Steve have no good competition? :D

Edit: Website, not podcast  ::)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:52:11 pm by NRG753 »

Offline Olin

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
    • The Olin Ezra Show
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 09:46:05 am »
One of Steves podcasts was mentioned on the official Elder Scrolls podcast, the one where he interviewed Pete Hines. That's first episode I listened to, and I subsribed after listening to it, being a good quality podcast. I've attempted to listen to other podcasts but I still havent found any as good as steve. Other podcasts have a tendancy to have people that are just annoying or silly, and also often have ads. Anyone know of other good quality podcasts? Does Steve have no good competition? :D

I do have one, the link is in my sig. But can I compete with Steves knowledge, sources, and industry insight, no freakin' way :D

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 06:39:42 pm »
I came from the TES forums <gasp!> and have been a regular ever since.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 07:25:59 pm »
One of Steves podcasts was mentioned on the official Elder Scrolls podcast, the one where he interviewed Pete Hines. That's first episode I listened to, and I subsribed after listening to it, being a good quality podcast. I've attempted to listen to other podcasts but I still havent found any as good as steve. Other podcasts have a tendancy to have people that are just annoying or silly, and also often have ads. Anyone know of other good quality podcasts? Does Steve have no good competition? :D

I also listen to the PC Gamer podcast. In the last couple they have added a Newegg advertisement, about 30 seconds long, at the very beginning of the podcast. Otherwise it's pretty good. Funny, too. But they don't get as many uber-insider interviews as Steve (but still some).

Offline Faxanadu ELC

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That rug really tied the room together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 11:29:56 pm »
One of Steves podcasts was mentioned on the official Elder Scrolls podcast, the one where he interviewed Pete Hines.

Same here, when looking for Oblivion info I found a link to his podcast on the official Elder Scrolls site, been listening ever since.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 01:09:37 am »
I saw GDC coverage of Spore, then I went to the Spore forum on GameFAQs and saw Steve's post about his podcasts covering the conference and Spore.