Author Topic: How did you discover "Gaming Steve"?  (Read 47447 times)

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover "Gaming Steve"?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 05:57:07 pm »
searched for 'video games' at podcast directory. Downloaded several of them, most of them were below average but Steves and a couple others stood out so I kept with it

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 11:44:59 pm »
Yes, the legend is true: Spore was the guiding light that led me here to Gaming Steve, to be worshipped by you all. Normally my commandments would say, "Worship no false idol but I (is that worded right?)," but I grant thee today, my humble, ignorant minions, the right to worship Spore along-side my likeness in eternal light. Rejoice my children, the time of Spore is at hand! When all of you will know the true happiness that comes from following the ways of TheNecromonicon into the serenity and peace that is Spore.

In the name of the Will, and the Necro, and the holy Spore... Amen.

Offline banaapje

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2006, 08:47:55 pm »
I believe it was some post on a dutch gaming site saying that "gaming steve" had some information about diablo 3 *click*

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2006, 10:28:03 pm »
I believe it was some post on a dutch gaming site saying that "gaming steve" had some information about diablo 3 *click*
Welcome to the forums.
Please don't feed the werechicken ;)

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 12:53:21 pm »
I was in the jungle of South America when a man in jeans and a flannel shirt runs by me ans says "You better run".  Just then I see a group of tribesmen wearing Atari VCS consoles on their heads and spears with the Atari joysticks attached to the front of their spears.

I promptly turned around and followed this man.  I yelled at him "Why are these guys after you"  He reached into his back pocket and pulled something out what looked black with a silver label but I could not tell what it was.  I asked what it was and he said "An unreleased Star Wars game fot the Atari called Ewok Adventures." and then added "I almost had Saboteur also."

After reaching saftey, which was easy because they could only run in circles of various sizes (don't ask), I learned that this man was Gaming Steve.  So it was just dumb luck that I found Gaming Steve.

Now I found Gaming Steve's podcast buy going to a podcast directory back when I first started listening to podcasts and subscribing to every gaming podcast i could find and then proptly unsudscribing to 90% of them after listening to them one time"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2006, 01:48:30 am »
Thats amazing because 5 years ago I was in Nazi-occupied Egypt. I had been employed by them to help on a huge archaeological dig. While digging the ground suddenly caved in beneath me and i found myself falling into a huge cavern. Around the walls were gigantic stone statues of famous video game characters, and lots and lots of pixely badgraphics snakes. Just when i thought the snakes would over run me, a man weilding a SNES controller like a whip swung in and faught off the snakes, he toppled a gigantic statue of Lara Croft and I was able to climb onto one of her collosal marble bosoms to get out of the cave. I later learned that man was Gaming Steve in search of a copy of the last good tomb raider game, thought lost many centuries ago.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 11:23:35 pm »
I found Gaming Steve from a post on www.joystiq.com .  I was reading a post and they were referencing to the podcast in the post and thats how I wound up here.  This was about one year ago.

Offline Talkc

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Oh YEAAAAAAAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2006, 09:13:20 pm »
Word of mouth. A friend found the GDC 05 video thanks to Gamingsteve.com. He showed me the link , I watched the vid, and was wowed by it all.

I bookmarked the site, and forgot about it for a while. Then going back to watch the demo again I decided to find out what GamingSteve was. Then I started listening to the podcast.

Now, I have decided to stop lurking in the forums after a while and post. Ive learned its a friendly place, and I am happy to be here.

Viva Le Gaming Steve!

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2006, 09:29:09 pm »
I found a site that spore than I googledit and the site came up simple
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 04:38:25 am »
I found it a year ago, but didnt really like his podcasts (sorry Steve  :P), only to find this spore community a few months ago.

Offline Raptor

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • The F-22 Raptor...nuf' said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2006, 10:40:06 am »
I was looking for Gears of War nes on the GOW forums, and there was a link to a interview in a Gaming Steve Podcast, and I loved it. So here I am. ;D
Emergence Day '06: Run like Hell. Yes, hell is very fast.

Offline Rhodix

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2006, 01:21:33 pm »
The first time that I heard about Spore was in a Flow FAQ.
One day I decided to search for info about Spore and I find the GDC 05 video, and the Gaming Steve.

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2006, 02:22:03 pm »
I searched "Spore Forums" on Google and this was the first result. Then, I listened to one of the podcasts with Spore info and then sometimes when I'm bored I check out a random old one. :P

EDIT: Ahaha, I just remembered my first podcast. It was an old one from 2005 E3, and I was like, "huh, why doesn't Steve do his own podcast??"... it took me until the end of the show to realize Stephen Glicker IS Steve. ::)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:44:15 pm by Sporific »
LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2006, 02:24:34 pm »
Spore!
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline BlueBottle

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2006, 09:27:58 pm »
He did a guest interview on "Evil Avatar Radio" podcast.