Author Topic: Creatures You Don't Want To See  (Read 137185 times)

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures You Don't Want To See
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2005, 04:08:01 pm »
Actually i think a planet of carnivorus Teletubbies would be funny...lol.
(and I don't think i want to see pokemon in there eigther. I like the game and the show, but copys of it is just really unorignal. I'd like to see some creative things.)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Reiden Argrock

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:50 am »
I want to only see what the creative/innovative mind creates, nothing that has  been seen or previously created by mankind.  The more unrealistic the better, because it stretches the human mind to things we cannot comprehend.

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2005, 05:56:17 pm »
That gave me an idea of a creature I wouldn't want to see. The infamous 'glitch creature', which won't load correctly, and fly around as an invisible mass that eats your creature unexpectantly and ruins the game for you every time.

Offline ZCloud

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2005, 07:55:49 pm »
I don't want to see stuff from Warcraft, no night elves, no orcs, no undead

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2005, 05:26:27 pm »
I'm still making my kobolds though they will be more dnd than warcraft. -leeman

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2005, 12:07:50 am »
How about we compile a list of all the unwanted creatures and when the game comes out someone can make a giant creature of all the unwanted creatures all merged into one body?  There'd be a lot of heads, and a lot of legs....  but just think about the satisfaction you'd get when your creature takes care of it?  I'm sure it'd end up being a pretty awkward creature and of our creatures could do circles around!
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Gavin

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2005, 07:49:09 pm »
Good luck to anyone that can pull that off. If this creature could be created though, it would be fun to enslave them.

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2005, 08:00:52 pm »
Hey, undead ain't restricted to Warcraft. I know I want m'self some nice uber-ghoul thingamadoohickies.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2005, 12:38:52 am »
skullmonkeys

Offline Dake

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • All your SPORE are belong to us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2005, 03:31:58 pm »
Madchat18 shares my thoughts on all of it. Really, nothing offends me.
That is, nothing up until someone takes my incredibly unique creature (whatever that may be) and slightly mods it, calling it their own. Well, that wouldn't offend me. Just slightly annoy me.
Then again, I probably wouldn't ever realize it was a slight mod if it was somewhere in my game. I'd probably end up figuring it was an offshoot of my own species.

Bleh, whatever. What I don't want to see is lack of variety or creativity in player made creatures, but I doubt that will ever be a problem for a very long time.

i also agree with you. however(man is it me or do i always make replies about what i'll destroy?) But if i notice any creatures too resemblant of mine that arent in fact mine..my race will have to get rid of this unnatural mutation.

Offline Dake

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2005, 03:36:39 pm »
I don't want to see anything thats to unrealistic.
this is a game about imagination and fiction..maybe your aiming to play the wrong game here..and what counts as realistic anyway? no offense just pointing out a conundrum

Offline Dake

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2005, 03:58:13 pm »
Sorry i havent read the end of this forum so i hope im not double posting, but a thought occurs. we dont want giant penises and pokemon, well think about the things you ahve to evolve to survive? no one who makes a penis, will make it out of the water..with nothing but a smooth shaft and a wiglling body, the penis is easy lunch for anything else. i doubt itll be fast...and it certainly cant attack or defend..not a true one anyway. and as for pokemon..they would be a hard creature to make as well...throught the evolving stages..most easyily creatable pokemon are sopft and cute..with no realistic means of killing porey or defending from a predator. besides without electric attacks..whod want a pikachu anyway? or any pokemon for that matter. so i highly doubt any pokemon makers or penis gods, will make it to tribal easily. so dont count on 1000's of variations.
just a thought.

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2005, 04:09:51 pm »
no one who makes a penis, will make it out of the water..with nothing but a smooth shaft and a wiglling body, the penis is easy lunch for anything else

:-\

EDIT:
Well, not to leave a post that is merely a quote and an emoticon, I thought about another thing I did not want to see.
Obviously, we're going to be dealing in a lot of re-creation of well known stuff; while it may be fun at first, everyone is probably going to end up trying the same crap. With robotic parts... you just know someone is going to make something like a terminator.
And with the vehicles... gundams.
And the UFOs... Millenium Falcons.
Bleh.

EDIT2: Didn't have anything else I didn't want to see.
To clarify for Dake, I quoted that because it just sounds strange. Hilarious though.
Nothing against you. Just a poke.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:28:26 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline jcikal

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2005, 09:00:28 pm »
Let's just hope that at least 60% of the people using the editor will make new creatures rather than copies of something someone else already has made or created.  This of course includes anything related to media (film, TV, Music, Print, etc).  I much rather see how inventive people are as opposed to how copy-catty they are.  Anyone can imitate but only real creative minds can create something new or at the very least borrow but have enough personal touch so as to not look the same as whatever idea you borrowed from.  I have typed, you have read, so be it.

Offline Dake

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2005, 12:18:15 am »
exactly, why was i just quoted? did you like my point? or what lol. just curious.
BTW i am so very sorry for the unexpected TRIPLE posting. im not even sure if thats a no no around here but on serebii.nets forums..its a big one. so i do appologize. im surprised there were no other responses in between. and sorry for this being off topic..mmm wait maybe i can make this on topic. actually i think a terminator would be cool seeing how it may be very difficult to make one, so i would actually appluad whoever can do it. and i figure, the moral of this forum is, if you think you're smart, and are going to test your skills by re-making an already created idea into spore (pikachu etc) then think again, no one else here seems its a good idea, nor will you get much applause for it...for long.. so TRY to make somehting of your own, instead of wasting your time, making someone elses idea. but thats my thought...so feel free to create what you desire. i wont do anything about it, unless its on my planet...or i get sick of it being on a diff planet. either way it will be fun to destroy somehting i truly dont like instead of testing my deathstar ray on something potentially useful jsut to test my death star ray out. EDIT BTW i am not planning to make THE death star i was merely giving the planet killing ray gun a name.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:14:55 am by Dake »