Author Topic: the ion-games  (Read 24118 times)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: the ion-games
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 09:44:09 am »
sorry for the long delay but the races are back I'll send all of you a pm so you can get get back into the game races and still no one has posted their race so I'll post mine

with team Head Hound in the lounge preparing for the first ever ion games event the PA went off of informing the racers to head to the track. Aca promptly got to the track and soon a large hovering craft open and revealed her vehicle. the other racer's began to arrive and soon all were sent to the first track. around were hundreds of species cheering. a robotic voice began to explain the race. After a moment of silence a light appeared and changed from red to yellow and finally to green setting of the racers. Aca blazed ahead at full power and took the boost into the first turn, she slided across the end into a soft landing into a loop, she slowed down into the second lap and on taking the boostblazed of again, with team kowona and and team torpal behind them, wanting and solid victory she went at full power but lost control at the end and took damage in the jump slowing her down to last and to a stop, with Ohisdi and Tark passing her by and then pilot-1. They went into the last lap and finished with head hound in a bad start.

this just go to show that you can mess up on the easiest of things if you rush
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 05:00:49 pm by a13gt »
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 02:02:45 pm »
people only have four contestants also if you don't want to participate in the event om me about this so i don't have to wait for you.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 11:12:25 am »
okay three days is enough, I've sent pm, sent a second last call pm and gave 70 hours to respond. also sadly hydro and his team are resining from the games, I'm the only one who wrote a part of the race but here are the race two results

1st: kyyp: this win raises his chance for the big win
2nd:a13gt: team head hound gets some points from a fight to the finish with opera and krakow and recuperate from their horrible start
3rd: krakow sam: fighting with headhound and team torpal lost to head hound by an inch but was able to push team topal back
4th operaghost21:the loser of a three way fight to the finish was able to save himself quickly and secured 4th
5th daxx: almost caught up to operaghost but still ended up in last place.

check score bords for points and post the first and second race parts
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006, 12:05:18 pm »
Okay, I can't think of any good reason why an Icthian would come last in a race, so I reckon it must be to do with mechanical trouble. I'll describe my start.

Eido screamed loudly in his helmet as his racer stalled on the start line and crashed into the road surface, the racer's systems failing as the power systems sent a dying surge through the nano-electronics. This was the second race in a row he'd had mechanical problems, and it was making him lose. The Icthians, the greatest pilots in the galaxy, were in last place!. The circulation of water across his gills was starting to slow as his evo-suit's emergency power kicked in, but he had bigger problems than that - the other racers were getting away. An Icthian robot team controlled remotely by the ground crew rushed over and jump started his engines. With a massive boost to the ion-levitation systems, the racer jumped to the air and sped off, leaving one of the robots who hadn't got away fast enough as a heap of slag metal on the start line. Still screaming at his ground crew, Eido knew he'd have an uphill battle from here.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:31:47 pm by Daxx »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 01:43:21 pm »
i'll write part of it...

tark and pilot-1 were speeding ahead, side by side. at this point, they were tied for 2nd. they saw aca speeding up behind them, as tark got frustrated. "this is enough" he said, as he activated his racer's heat blades. pilot-1 noticed this, and sped down slightly, letting tark move ahead. tark slowed down, to place himself next to pilot-1, as he swung to the side, attempting to ram pilot-1. pilot-1 sped up at the last minute, narrowly avoiding tarks blades. at this point, aca had moved up, and was now right behind tark. tark was still focusing his efforts on pilot-1, and didn't notice aca pass by. pilot-1 moved in front of her, so that she could not pass, slowing them both down. as tark moved ahead of both of them, he violently turned his speeder towards pilot-1. as pilot-1 tried to speed out of the way, the end of the nose of tark's ship caught the back of pilot-1's, knocking him offcourse. tark's move now left him sideways along the track. aca sped by both of the racer's while pilot-1 was quickly able to get back on course. by the time tark was up and running again, he was only able to make fourth.
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 02:18:31 pm »
As Tark sped off the track, Pilot-1 adjusted his depth perception simulator and began the final stretch. He quickly estimated that the Kawenu racer would be impossible to catch up to under noraml circumstances and concentrated on foiling Speet, who was still quite a way ahead. Conserving boost power for the home stretch he concentrated on making it around the turns as sharply as possible. Not easy for a heavy machine like racecraft-1. The ViS ability of total recall coming into play he decelerated slightly to enhance the drift-turn capabilities of the machine. Calculating that the gains on the turns would outweigh the -0.182 m/s loss in velocity.
Having navigated the bends he finally came to the home stretch, with Speet a few meters ahead. Slamming down on the accelerator he diverted all non-essential systems such as shielding and air-con into the boosters. G-forces compressed him to his seat as he shot past the finish line, a mere hair's bredth behind Speet. A holo-finish, yielding an acceptable but not great, third place.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:33:26 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2006, 02:22:10 pm »
As the second race began Aca entered her speeder but learning from the previous race that speed isn't the way to go especially on this track she decided to take it easy the race started with kypp blasting ahead and pilot-1 and tark already in a fight she started slow in last but luck made Eido have mechanical problems at took this chance and went ahead of him. Tark and pilot 1 were ahead and kyyp was nowhere in sight, she caught up until Tark let out heat blades and pilot 1 slowed down to Aca but Tark was coming back so she slowed downed with a plan in mind, Tark attempted to ram pilot 1 leaving the side open, she put maximum power to engines and blasted ahead looking back seeing pilot 1 behind and laughed and put focus on the rest of the twisted track.

I actually find the Eido and Tark inccedents funny but great race
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 02:25:34 pm »
Wait... there's a second race?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 02:28:45 pm »

This was the second race. a13gt just isnt very good at organising them or making things clear...  ;)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 02:30:12 pm »

This was the second race. a13gt just isnt very good at organising them or making things clear...  ;)

Okay, never mind. I'll edit my posts so it makes more sense.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2006, 03:29:11 pm »
the numbers are in and for the first time everyone entered

1st.krakow sam and pilot-1 dominated the track
2nd.behind is head hound
3rd.by a photo finish the racer beats Ohisdi from team kawona
4th. kyyp andohisidi get 4th
5th.operaghost beats the Icthian(in my opion he probably blew him up
6th. last is daxx...again wow

for the final score

1st:kyyp=8
2nd:Krakow Sam=8     
3rd:A13gt=7
4th:detoxicated=3
5th:Operaghost=1
6th:daxx=0

team kawona by a tie protects thier win as the greatest racer in the system
with the vis as second and team head hound in third

team kawona congradulations you now own planet Muglum of the young star Veastrum, a planet cover of endless plains and low lands. you get 200,000,000 credits for your species party, get a pool whatever. Also you get a trophy
second team vis. you get a trophy, Alna the second moon of a gas giant far with little atmosphere though, but you got money 100,000,000 to be exact.
i know what i get, some dough, and a pitaful plaque...but with dignity i can say i got more then most of you so on to the next event the battle games, the trophy will be up for display soon and the race trophy will be taken out with the mech one in its place and the rules will be explained.

now while we wait post your races.

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 03:46:45 pm »
I'm happy to be blown up by the Torpals (as long as the pilot has a chance of survival). Maybe there could be sabotage involved as well?

Dear me, mechanical trouble and then being blown to pieces. The Icthians really shouldn't have bothered entering the races.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 03:52:34 pm »
Woohoo! Of course, I'm most looking forward to the mech fights ;D

Pilot-1 waved to the cheering crowds as he climbed into the cockpit. He had been steadily improving with each race and was now sure he knew each racer's style inside out. The fact he had l=spent all night running a simulation of the course probably didnt hurt his chances either.
The start light turned green and the racers roared off the starting line. Racecraft-1 immediately took the lead. The crowd roared in their viewing galleries. As he powered down the straight he saw a sign with "We love you Pilot-1" on it in from the corner of his eye. Approaching the first jump he rammed down on the accelerator. Racecraft-1 soared into the air, the engine screaming.
The loop-the-loop was perfectly executed, the corskrew section of track hardly threw him off... another straight to pick up speed... glancing at the radar on his HUD, Pilot-1 noticed he was almost 600m ahead of the next racer... not resting on his Laurels, he slammed down on the accelerator again. The crowd goes wild!

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 04:27:46 pm »
Eido knew it was now or never. He couldn't win anything overall, but at least he'd be able to save some pride. As his racer was prepped, he swam impatiently up and down until he could finally get inside.

The racers lined up, and the start light turned green. He slammed the accelerator down and flew off, the g-forces compressing him back into the cockpit. In second place as he hit the first jump, he soared through the air - it oddly reminded him of doing jumps up out of the surface back on Alimar. Crashing down to earth as the racer dropped in behind Racecraft-1, he wondered how the ViS was managing to keep an inch-perfect racing line travelling at these speeds. Pulling off down the straight, the voice of one of his engineers sounded in his suit.
"You're doing great, Ic-smaki, but we seem to have lost telemetry from your secondary power unit. Can you confirm it's still operational?"
Oh, gods, not again, he thought as he flicked switches. "Sorry, ground crew, no data here either." He tried flaring his boost jets, but felt nothing.
"Uh, ground crew, I don't think I have secondary power."
"Acknowledged, Ic-smaki. We can't see you needing it anyway. You don't need those auxiliary systems to outrace them."
Eidos' attention flicked to the viewscreen as he passed along another straight. In all the discussion, the ViS was losing him, and he was being caught by the other racers, and behind him was the Torpal.
"Ground crew, this isn't good. I've got the Torpal right after me, and without secondary power..."

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 04:55:58 pm »
Tark had no chance of winning this race, and he knew it. He'd gotten a bad start and was dead last. Needless, to say, Tark was pretty angry. Lucky for a him, he found a chance to unleash some of his anger. Up ahead, he saw the Itchian racer, Eido, steadily losing speed. Tark turned on his heat blades with a wicked grin, and began speeding forward. He quickly caught up to the slowing Itchian, and rammed him as hard as he could. The blade dug deep into the Itchian craft, causing a small explosion, sending the ship end-over-end off the track. As Tark sped on, to continue the race, Eido was left behind, badly hurt, and his racer now had a large chunk missing, lying on the ground nearby...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]