Author Topic: The Siege of Antimon  (Read 6557 times)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
The Siege of Antimon
« on: May 23, 2006, 03:15:53 pm »
(this is an rp Gcool and I are going to do...hope you all enjoy)

In one of the many solar systems that have been visited by the Torpal, lies the planet Antimon. It's a colony planet, not unlike other Torpal colonies. A few small cities dot the surface, as well as a military complex. The colonized planet boasted a population of around 3000-3500, and not one of them knew they were soon going to get some visitors...Something to stir them from their currently uneventful lives...

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Antimon
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:23:04 pm »
One dark night, a quick flash light the skys over the complex, a loud thunder-like crack heard as a car-sized rock plummeted to the planet.
It collided heavily with a desert, unscathed but burnt, and sent out a shockwave that shook the buildings for miles.
Green goo started oozing out of small, but growing cracks in the surface.
the night came and went, the meteor hollowed, the contents vanished and the goo evaporated.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:55:35 pm »
The following morning, a group of torpals went to investigate. They were puzzled by how a hollow rock could cause such a disturbance. They eventually left the site, failing to notice the emerging appearance of eggs in the nearby wilderness...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:57:08 pm »
The following morning, a group of torpals went to investigate. They were puzzled by how a hollow rock could cause such a disturbance. They eventually left the site, failing to notice the emerging appearance of eggs in the nearby wilderness...

After laying some eggs of its own, a worker quietly followed the group. As one spilt off and turned, the worker quickly dashed back into a hole, attemping to hide.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:37:28 pm »
--Ok, dude, still no ideas? how about we skip this ahead a bit?--

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 12:46:56 pm »
A few days later, a Torpal child is running through the forest, looking for his pet creen. He is in training for the army, and knows he must train his creen to behave. He hears a rustle of leaves up ahead, and suddenly, roaring and screeching fills the forest. Moving forward, the child finds his pet creen, ferociously attacking two smaller creatures. The child is puzzled, as he has never seen these creatures before. Before he can react, a larger creature jumps out from the shadows, delivering a killing blow to the young creen. The torpal runs forward, trying to save it, but more of the creatures begin appearing. He manages to snap the neck of one, and slash another in the stomach, but there are too many of them, and he is quickly overwhelmed.
The creatures, now victorious, examine the boy, when they catch his scent, and begin following it back to one of Antimon's small settlements...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 03:06:13 pm »
Still covered in the stench of blood, two octibians(originals) and a biped follow the scent they have picked up.
The remaining workers head towards the middle of the desert and start screaching.
The ground rumbles as a creature several times their size bursts from it's hiding space, the first of many yet to come.

The behemoth sniffs the air and squints as never-before-seen sunlight floods his sences. With little though he looks over to the scurring trio of creatures, then a loud breathing noise is heard.
The ground vibrates as the behemoth emmits a deathly-low war-cry which could not be picked up by most creatures.
Several hundered young bipeds and octibians swarm from the crator, squarking and hissing at each other as the behemoth starts moving towards the settlement. A pair of bipeds tossle over the carcus of the dead octbian, whist one worker helps the other with the gash accross his stomache.

The workers then pull the child and his pet under the sand, the last thing seen beneith the stampeed of creatures is a cold hand vanishing into a mist of warm, golden dust.

4 medium-sized flying creatures flow through the ground and into the air, circling for a moment before speeding off gracefully to the settlement, out-running the swarms and scouts.

As the settlement goes about its daily buissness, the flying creatures appear high-over head, only being noticed by a few citizens at first.
As a low rumble grows every so slightly louder - the distant patter of a thousand feet and the over-riding thump-thump, thump-thump of a charging behemoth's dull webbed feet against the hot desert sand, only two things are for cirtain; This will be a tough time, and this is only the begining.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 04:55:14 pm »
No one in town really pays attention to the few creatures soaring overhead, until they suddenly try to attack a Torpal. They are quickly killed, and the resulting crowd that has gathered around falls silent, examining the corpses. Only during this quiet reflection do the townsfolk hear a low rumble coming from somewhere in the distance. A soldier climbs the sentry tower in town and looks through his quadnoculars to the distance. Finally, a few miles away, he sees what is causing the noise: a swarm of creatures steadily making their way towards the city.

Climbing down, he alerts the town captain, who proceeds to round up the soldiers in town. "Men, a swarm of creatures, similar to the aerial ones killed earlier, are approaching the town. There could be more of them out there, so we're going to need defend the town until reinforcements from G-8x* can arrive to finish them off. And you men are in for a treat," he added, now grinning. "First off, they appear to lack projectile weapons, so we get to fight ancient style. In addition, we are outnumbered by at least ten to one.**"
The captain drew a sword from the hilt at his side. "They should arrive here in about an hour. Remember, have fun out there, and kick some ass!" As he enthusiastically raised his sword in the air, the crowd before him roared in applause, before they rushed off to arm themselves...

*G-8x is the name of the military complex on Antimon.

**'Ancient style' just means no guns; fighting with swords, etc. And they like being outnumbered.
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 05:14:24 pm »
The crowd watched the swarms draw ever closer, the super-organism changing colours rapidly as a threat.
As errily beatutifull paterns resenated through the waves of primitive creatures, the whole colony of torpals assembeled watching, waiting, something odd happened.

The wave seemed to disperce gradually, getting further and futher apart, spreading, as if to attack the whole side of the colony at once. The dust and sand kicked up by the for-runners hid the fact that several hundered workers were quickly diving into the sand.

The small creatures were far quickker digging through the sand than running, as if they were swimming, using their scoop like claws as padels.
They charged ahead, hidden from the ever-vidulant torpals.

The first sign the torpals actually recieved was a swift wind like sound roughly 40 minuets later, although a new wave of flyers distracted the hunters as the workers dived underneith the foundations, weakening the walls drasticly. The torpals were gathering on the walls, ready to go out to fight any minuet, when all of a sudden a shockwave brought down a wall and the torpals on top.

The raging crowd turned silent as loud -kuuuuuhhhhrrrthwomps signalled the arrival of under-ground terrorists.
Using the element of suprise, the small workers managed to take down a few torpals as if they were a raging fire - covering their bodys and ripping the flesh off their bones.
The larger creatures, meenwhile, noticed their que and started to double in speed.
Pretty soon, bipeds were clearing the tall walls into the settelment in a single bound, and not long after a behemoth burst through a wall behind some busily fighting torpals, crushing the pair instantly to death.

(((I have to say, I love the pictures of the octibians you drew. I'm finneshing off a picture that I will prolly upload tomorrow, it will actually be coloured, and that should fit neatly into the thread)))

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 05:15:12 pm »
and then the Dragonoids came down and killed everyone ftw

i win the thread lol

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 05:20:13 pm »
and then the Dragonoids came down and killed everyone ftw

i win the thread lol

Holstein, I have no problem with you, no need to report you or make you a laughing stock of the forums. Please remove that spam post before you DO give me something to mark against your name. [/fair warning]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:14 pm »
I like the 4 eyes binoculars .. whats that "quadoculars"?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 08:13:58 pm »

umm...well i was thinking 'bi' for two, so i just put 'quad' for four...yeah, just trying to make a neat word... :D

anyways, to continue...

After recovering from the initial surprise of the attack from below, the torpals began to give it their all. Soldiers near the wall were quickly becoming overwhelmed, as their swords were not fast enough to fight so many creatures. Other torpals, armed with wrist-blades, soon came to their aid, stemming the tide of creatures.
Further away, the young army recruits in town, eager to experiance combat, decided to help. They quickly armed themselves, and headed towards the fight with their creens following them. While lacking training, they were still strong, and managed to fend off quite a few attacks; their now-feral creens fighting alongside them, running on instinct.
As the recruits were overcome by another wave of diggers, the battle was quickly becoming chaotic...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:39:16 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 09:03:07 pm »

I like quadoculars... When I read it... I wasn't quite sure what it meant, then my innerself understood with quite a sudden "DUH"... There're monocles, so why not quadoculars?  :P :D

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 10:41:09 am »
The behemoth roared with an ear-splitting loudness, charging towards a building and pulling it to the ground. Taking a large chunk of the building he launched it at a group of elder torpals.

the majority of the workers fighting the young recruits began to spiral around the over-whelmed fighters. The wave of creatures quickly turned at once like a school of fish, pouncing onto one of the younger torpals. The mass engulfed the youngster, bringing him to the ground before moving on, leaving the poor creature still alive but skinless, roaring in pain, thrashing the ground.

Another young, but brave, torpal saw this and quickly turned, noticing the behemoth turned from a tall building.
The torpal sprung his wristblades and ran to the building, clambering up the side by digging the diamond-sharp razors into the outer skin of the building.
Making his way to the top, he timed a jump perfectly onto a passing flyer, grappeling with the creature in mid-air, slitting the throat of the creature and jumping off, landing on the back of the behemoth.
The gigantic creature roared and reared up, turing its head to see the young torpal grabbing onto it's back-blades.