Author Topic: SPORE RELEASE ALERT  (Read 19953 times)

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: SPORE RELEASE ALERT
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 02:10:49 pm »
Why the hell do the useless handhelds get it first? Computers are the rulers of Earth!

Offline Milk eWay

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Don't cry over spilt milk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 02:11:49 pm »
I'm going with what Will said "this will be the game's last E3." He knows what he's talking about more than some outsider company.

True, and Will has been good with release dates in the past. I just wish Blizzard was the same way.

Offline catnip18

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 02:17:56 pm »
This June 06 date seems
should be 07
Will said "this will be the game's last E3
im sorry i missed that where was it....

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 02:20:54 pm »
This June 06 date seems
should be 07
Will said "this will be the game's last E3
im sorry i missed that where was it....
Gamespy's Breakfast with Will Wright interview:
WW: We're saying that Spore is coming out in 2007. The message that we are getting from [Electronic Arts] corporate is "Don't screw it up," which is great. What they mean is, "Lets get it right." This will be the game's last E3.

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 02:21:42 pm »
Hey good the longer i have to live my life before the game sucks me in :D

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 02:35:17 pm »
You do realize that the game has been set to February by EB Games? The fact is, NO ONE knows the actual release date! So will everyone please shut up about it until we do!
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline liveoctopus

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 03:01:24 pm »
Please take the following statement to heart, as its wisdom will serve you well throughout your life:

Retailers generally have no insider information about release dates; if anything, we are probably better informed than they are because we're following it so closely, and in any case, they will change it to whatever date they like so that preorders keep flowing in.

Thanks!

That said, a delay isn't really all that unlikely anyway. I don't think the game is as close to finished as we hope it is. But the only dates we should pay any attention to will come from EA or Maxis. Anything else is pure speculation or plain manipulation.

Offline foolishfool

• Microvision Master
  • all fear fur-spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 03:09:12 pm »
if you look at it its the brit's ebgames us yankees should get it first
I'm am the true master of foolish fool foolery.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 03:12:47 pm »
Please take the following statement to heart, as its wisdom will serve you well throughout your life:

Retailers generally have no insider information about release dates; if anything, we are probably better informed than they are because we're following it so closely, and in any case, they will change it to whatever date they like so that preorders keep flowing in.

Thanks!

That said, a delay isn't really all that unlikely anyway. I don't think the game is as close to finished as we hope it is. But the only dates we should pay any attention to will come from EA or Maxis. Anything else is pure speculation or plain manipulation.

I repeat: It is seeeeriously unlikely any of us will know anything of the release date until about three months before it comes out. The following release dates have been announced:

September 2006, October 2006, December 2006, January 2007, February 2007, March 2007, April 2007, May 2007, and now June 2007.

No one knows when it is coming out.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Kytherean

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 03:25:56 pm »

Thanks!

I repeat: It is seeeeriously unlikely any of us will know anything of the release date until about three months before it comes out. The following release dates have been announced:

September 2006, October 2006, December 2006, January 2007, February 2007, March 2007, April 2007, May 2007, and now June 2007.

No one knows when it is coming out.

Then I say it will be in November 2006... it's the only month they didn't talk about so far THIS MUST BE IT  ;D

Offline Zorlac

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Sporewiki
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 03:45:12 pm »
I'm going with what Will said "this will be the game's last E3." He knows what he's talking about more than some outsider company.

True, and Will has been good with release dates in the past.  I just wish Blizzard was the same way.
Oh my, I wonder how long i waited for Diablo II to come out after it's first release date? Like 4 years =[

Offline Xolso

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 04:06:41 pm »
At first I was like OMG! But then I read the post about the retailers, which made me feel better about the release date, thank you :)

Offline Vib Rib

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Multiple Horrible People
    • View Profile
    • RagTag
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 04:11:07 pm »

True, and Will has been good with release dates in the past.  I just wish Blizzard was the same way.
I'm sure that just means that they're not going to tell us anything at the next E3, when Spore still isn't out.
I'm ruler of this moon, boy.
So if you move, I shoots.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 04:57:57 pm »

Course it could be released after next years E3 with out it showcased at E3 2007.

Offline GargaTech

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 05:08:52 pm »
Wow, I have this great expression that describes all of you perfectly......"SHEEP".
Just because an article says so does not make it true, remember some times the people writing the article and the company sponsoring it have vested intrests and will not tell you the truth or bend the truth to make it say what they want it to say.
Any way I think its been in development for a little too long so it will more than likely be released when the hype reaches it peak and then seamlessly update it over several months, like patches to fax "third arm equals death to universe" problem and other such things.