Poll

Do you believe in UFOs? And will you design your UFO based off real ones?

Yes to both
15 (19.5%)
Yes to real/No to design
28 (36.4%)
No to real/Yes to design
16 (20.8%)
No to both
18 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: UFO's, Spore, and Us  (Read 11713 times)

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Re: UFO's, Spore, and Us
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2006, 03:56:54 am »
Great little movie you have there. The Drake Equation will be proven right one day, it has to be...
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2006, 04:27:33 am »
lol
"And will you design your UFO based off real ones?"
I like the way you wrote that question; how do you know what a REAL Unindentified Flying Object looks like:P
I believe in UFO, yes, maybe in other galaxies, but I will try to make an "alternative" design tho.

Neat link. But when i feel small i just think how many electrons are on my finger and then i feel big again :P

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2006, 04:37:33 am »
lol
"And will you design your UFO based off real ones?"
I like the way you wrote that question; how do you know what a REAL Unindentified Flying Object looks like:P
I believe in UFO, yes, maybe in other galaxies, but I will try to make an "alternative" design tho.

Neat link. But when i feel small i just think how many electrons are on my finger and then i feel big again :P

lol but then you're still small doesn't actually make you bigger now does It? :P...your Just a crappy piece of crap on this planet like all us humans man...we're electrons to earth...that's why us crap sacs are destroying the planet...to prove we're slightly large...we're still biological and genetic crap...I wanna be a proper monkey.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2006, 04:40:43 am »
I know this is off topic but...

A fun thing to think about is that no human is one creature. Every person is a composition of trillions of cells and even more atoms, all fused together. In a way, we are not one creature but the will of a collective consciousness commanding absolute control over its component parts.

Fun to think about, eh?

And Lamina, you used the word crap five times in those poor compositions of two sentences. Bad. No cookie for you.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2006, 04:45:52 am »
I know this is off topic but...

A fun thing to think about is that no human is one creature. Every person is a composition of trillions of cells and even more atoms, all fused together. In a way, we are not one creature but the will of a collective consciousness commanding absolute control over its component parts.

Fun to think about, eh?

And Lamina, you used the word crap five times in those poor compositions of two sentences. Bad. No cookie for you.

oh crappy mind...ahhh see I emphasized on the word crap there...that totally deserves a cookie...anyway to your point we aren't exactly as you said so cos atoms and cells don't technically...well live...they do but not In such a way that they could be classed as alive...they have to work In a large system which makes them 1 creature In the end...human...or another plant or animal...but In the end It's our brains that are us...our bodys are Just so we can show off and continue the human race.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2006, 04:56:39 am »
... You need two things: Grammar and Biology Lessons.

Cells DO live, they are the basic form of life, and in fact we all start as a single cell. Every action our body makes is a massive co-operative effort amongst the cells. Just raising your arm starts with an electrical impulse in your brain that sends a command to the muscle fibers in your arms that then contract and contort in a way to lift your arm. However, your bones that support those muscles are composed of, you guessed it, cells, and your skin, also made of trillions of living, dieing, and rapidly reproducing cells (Not necessarily in that order).

So, see what I mean? We are not a singular being; we are a collection of trillions all working together to the singular end of our own survival.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2006, 04:59:37 am »
I know that cells live but they don't live as an animal does...they aren't conscious they are driven by a basic...Impulse. I know how biology works I'm Just no good at explaining things...like maths...I know the answers I Just don't know how I get them.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2006, 05:19:34 am »
Aren't all things impulses? Every decision we make is an impulse. Cells just have less developed brain, as do animals when compared to us. Think about it!

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2006, 05:56:52 am »
*facepalms*
We are not considered symbiotic, we are not a collective of seperate entities working as one, but rather a single entity that operates sychronisedly on a number of levels. Multi-celled creatures are referred to as single entities. Cells are alive, but not "people". I get the feeling this description isnt that great either. If I borked up, feel free to point out my mistakes too. xP

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2006, 05:30:51 am »
Truthfully, we are a single entity, but the entire reason the cells that form our body came together is because they can complete complex processes as a large group. I could be wrong here, but does it not make sense that cells come together without a purpose. Evolution requires a beneficial result or it doesn't work.

Oooor I really don't know what I'm talking about.