Poll

Should I develop a story of some of the wars between the Ryndalians?

6 (85.7%)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: The Psychotic Ryndalians  (Read 10283 times)

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
The Psychotic Ryndalians
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:45:48 pm »
It has been decided, expect to see the Ryndalians appearing soon. What they will do and who they will join is currently undecided.

BTW: I constantly update previous posts so look over them again occasionally. Could some people post, if I have to keep Double-Posting someone might get upset, + I would like to know what you all think. And please read the whole way through.

I decided to post a picture of a Ryndalian first.

Before I begin I want to give you all some basic info about them

A(The Ryndalian before becoming amphibious
B(Transparent scales covering seeing/breathing organ
C(Main source of food before becoming amphibious
D(Main Predator
E(Pic. of the area the Ryndalians call home. "Out of scale"
F(Bird predator under detailed for a reason
G(Basic Hand Skeleton Shape
H(I couldn't think of anything for here

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/34689_2006/A.jpg

The Ryndalians became amphibious to get away from their Colossal predator "D(" and the other predators of the waters. In their transgression their fins separated into many arms and their tail splintered off two legs. Also their limbs formed retractable "fins". They had to form great memorizational skills to go through the labyrinths but it allowed them to lay their eggs on the Upper grounds where most threats couldn't get to them. Early on in their evolution some strange phenomena happened. A strange Unknown gas (Hereby referred to as ZacfHi) flooded the area. Most things died on contact with it (It could not mix with the water) but the Ryndalians discovered they could withstand it. They actually thrived in it because they could breathe it for some reason. This further caused them to adapt to land.The ZacfHi reduced visibility even more however, seeing as very little light could get in anyway.

Two big problems quickly appeared, however. One, despite their ever increasing size there was a predator that hunted them when they came to the surface for food that they had a hard time evading and were much larger than them. Two, most food sources disapered when the ZacfHi flooded in and the ones that were most plentiful were on the top. Luckily the limited space caused them to crowd together and develop socially. One day a minor quake happened and a rock fell on one of the Ryndalians. The Ryndalian picked it up and threw it at a wall. Some of the wall cracked on impact. It ran over to the stone and picked it up. The Ryndalian got a crazy idea...

I hope that is enough for now and that I didint do anything wrong in that. (Side note the ZacfHi gasses were purplish so the Ryndalians are a Dark Violet) I'll update soon. Criticism/Questions/Etc... would be greatly appreciated. (Also if anyone can do a picture in color ((Diffrent pose please)) I would like that too.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:23:23 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: The Psychotic Ryndalians
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:35:11 am »
(I will place all info on the Ryndalians here, just ask the questions and I will fill in the answers.)

Name: Ryndalian

Average Height: 5'3'' (Not including tail)
Tail Length: 6'8"
Average Weight: 136 pounds
Average Lifespan: 145 Years
Current Average Lifespan: 1600+ (Will be posted when they enter the mainstream)
Natural Weapons: Chemical Attack (Will be explained when they enter the mainstream)

Genetic Creations

Nine-Limbed Creature

Galatic Relations

(None made as of yet.)

Religions: The Fate, Serpantine

General Stuff

They currently are inhabiting a lot of diffrent planets, split between the many sects.

Main Power Source: Over 97% of their planets surfaces are covered by Solar Disks

The Sacred Children (More info to come later)

Xavious- The Fate
Weximaru- Serpantine
Dannies- The Fate
Kailtre- The Fate
Crisden- Serpantine
Tremere- Unsided

Minor Update

The Ryndalian runs over to some others of its kind and throws the rock at them. They scatter from the object coming at them. When it stops moving they all look at it, forming a similar idea. The bunch start to gather several rocks up into a pile...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:03:56 am by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 11:39:00 am »
14.-People are lazy.

I like 'em, by the way ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:15:19 pm »
Thanks operaghost21. I really appriceate it. You've just shattered my delusion that everyone hated it. Now that I know someone likes it...

Minor Update (I'm going to try to put in at least one of these every time for a bit.)

The group of Ryndalians all head off to the cavern which their tribe lives. They communicate their idea to them via the use of sign language. (They have good enough dark vision to see each others hands. This is one of the reasons for their massive eyes.) As soon as the others get it, they all head back to the huge pile of rocks. Gathering them up they head to the surface of their home...

More info
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:58:50 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 03:19:41 pm »
I just think its ebcuse there is not flashy picture shown at the top  ;)

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 06:53:22 pm »
I see your point Hydromancerx, but for some reason I have trouble with stuff like that. Anyway thanks. (By the way Hydromancerx if you could do a drawing of a Ryndalian I'd be honored, you're drawing is so much better than mine.) NOW on to the update.

The thing in the top left is the planet/moon Volmo.(More on that later.) Two of the Ryndalians stealthily run between a pile of stones and the mountain wall while a third walks out into the open near the pile. Meanwhile a bird predator (hear-by referred to as a Hresk) flying up above spots the lone Ryndalian standing   out in the open, seemingly unaware of its presence. What easy prey! For them there had been a slight shortage of food as well because very few adapted to the ZacfHi. It immediately swooped down onto its prey. But as it came down it was immediately pelted with rocks, knocking it right out of the air. The Ryndalians then finished it off before it could fly away, and carried the Hresk off underground to feast upon. All over the surface similar operations were being carried out. The Ryndalians were fighting back!

After a good while the Ryndalians began to colonize the surface, shifting stones to suit their needs. This new territory brought them a lot closer to most of their food and soon they learned how to farm. It also reduced their dependency on the waters deep down in the mountain. They also developed a math system(Base 60) to keep track of all the stones they had. But, moving up meant they were in constant contact with the Hresk and the endless battles became part of ordinary life for the Ryndalians. Since the raids were by far the biggest threat to the Ryndalians they started to look for more efficient ways to battle them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:01:14 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:26:11 pm »
At this point the Ryndalians developed a highly complex written language in their quest to preserve their knowledge. They also started to get highly skilled at farming, but mostly as a source of bait. The younger Ryndalians developed a game called Hrkill. Its kind of like a snow ball fight, but they use rocks instead of snowballs. During one game in particular the children were playing near the tree field and during the game two of the stones collided midflight and sent off some sparks. The sparks caused one of the trees to catch fire and the young Ryndalians ran back to their colony in sheer terror.

They arrived back to find everyone greeting an excavation party that claimed they had found a shrine of prophecy. It told them that there would be a great light coming down upon the Ryndalians. (Actually they found a diamond and saw the glare of the sun on it.) The leader of the team had just gotten done explaining the prophecy to everyone when the children came back, telling everyone about the fire in the tree fields.

All the members of the Ryndalian tribe all immediately ran to the fields, where they saw several trees aflame. All kinds of chaotic responses came from the crowd during the next few moments, and a mass panic spread over the Ryndalian tribe. Eventually when the mayhem ceased and the Ryndalians regained their senses they were all very scared and confused. Only one truth could be seen, the prophecy was right. And so they asked the expedition leader where the shrine of prophecy was to be found.

Azsmeia (The leader of the expidition) led the other Ryndalians to the area where the Diamond was found at. Once everyone arrived they were directed into a cavern inaccessible by the lowergrounds. Here they found a huge storage of diamonds. All the Ryndalians just stared in awe of the gloious sight. "Here my breatheren," Azsmeia cried out. "lie the Crystals of Fate!!!"

Eleven Years Later...

The Ryndalian society has almost complete rule over the top of their home, and are prospering in the benefits of their rapidly growing intelegence. They had mastered the "sparks", and made one massive village atop the mountain. They believe that this good luck was because they gained the knoweldge from the Crystals of Fate. They even learned to make weapons like "swords" and "spears". As such performances with swords or "Diamond Dancing" as it was called, became a big part of their culture. They had even started to steal Hresk eggs and raise them as we would raise dogs. They were undivided for they all believed in Fate. There was only one thing they really wanted to know now. Is there anything beyond Siliat? (The mountain they are stranded on.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 12:19:06 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:25:21 pm »
hmm.... Im not sure what to say, lets just you with :P I like it

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 10:28:07 pm »
Thanks Kratok (I think.) Now...

At this time they were questioning their purpose, after all they had just sealed off the inside of the mountain from the Q-resion. (The Massive serpent predator) As such the last impending threat to their survival was eliminated and they had nothing left to do...

But then an accident happened. Several of their kind were swallowed up in the waters inside Siliat. They Miscalculated and left one of the beasts inside the mountain. A small amount of panic ensued until Azsmeia announced the crystals spoke of this happening one week ago. He stated that the prophecy said he was the destined one to bring down the Q-resion. Everyone believed in The Fate so no one questioned how in the Galaxy a Ryndalian was going to topple a Q-resion. (They were on average about x6 times the size of a Ryndalian) So Azsmeia set off to the seas of Siliat...

As he descended into the depths of the mountain, he readies himself with a sacred chant to draw out the power of his Diamond Blades. The equipment wasn't too heavy a burden, no that trouble would be when he tried to swim with them. For this reason he wore no armor. When Azsmeia finally reached the edge of the water he stopped. Hesitating she quickly remembered that the fates might disfavor her if he doubted their power. So Azsmeia prepared the bait and dropped it into the water. Hopefully he could end this battle without taking it to the seas...

A tedious amount of waiting passed by, each second feeling like an eternity. After a long period of time the serpent revealed itself in the act of eating the bait. Azsmeia immediately pounced atop it plunging two of its swords into the Q-resion's back. He however is thrown off right after and lands in the water. The Q-resion, injured but not felled senses its prey and closes in for the kill...

Azsmeia looks up and sees the Q-resion lunging forward. He barely has time to get out of the way and as the long serpentine mass passes him she shoved a third sword into its back. The beast, now bleeding non-stop turns again and tries again. The blood clouds up the water leaving the Ryndalian blinded to the attack. As Azsmeia had gotten used to relighing on sight to hunt Hresk this was a problem for him. The Q-resion got blinded as well and as such slightly misjudged its bite, only piercing the head of the Ryndalian and allowing her to thrust his last Diamond Blade up into the inside of the Q-resion's mouth...

It pierced the mighty beasts brain causing instant death. However it managed to pierce Azsmeia's head as well. Azsmeia, now a bit delusional, starts to hear voices in his head, about the great plan and the power bestoed upon them. Azsmeia thus came to believe that they were destined to carry out the mission. The Ryndalians were to become the great creators of the planet, they were to expand and populate the regions avaible to them, for that is their destiny. Azsmeia went back up to the Grand Village and began to tell of her great learnings...

(Now comes the really good stuff...)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:42:24 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 03:56:30 pm »
Wow, i like it so far, i wonder how you will keep it going
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 09:18:38 pm »
Thanks Detoxicated, now I can update with a new post.

THE GREAT SCHISM OF THE RYNDALIANS
0GS (The Sacred Children)
Azsmeia upon reaching the surface was met with a great roar of cheers from his fellow Ryndalians. They all had a grand celebration afterward and decreed the day Wigsame, a day which all Ryndalians celebrate. (Kind of like Memorial Day for example) She told the Ryndalians what due to her brain damage she thought the Serpent told him. These teachings told that The fate was just a strange series of coincidences and that the Q-resion had bestowed the Ryndalian with the duty of creating all life outside of Siliat. This new religion was called Serpantine. A good deal of the Ryndalians immediately started to follow the way of the Serpantine, but many others believed that Azsmeia had gone mad and was just spouting nonsense. A year later Azsmeia laid a clutch of eggs, known as the sacred children. She died during the laying of these, her only spawn. The brain damage had gotten to severe and Azsmeia finally gave in. The problem was who would raise this clutch of eggs, after all Azsmeia was the creator of both The Fate and Serpantine, and what would happen to the religiously split society?

20GS (Birth of Ryndala)
The society having been totally split in two, stayed unified because they knew that natural forces would wipe them out if they started a war. The sacred children were raised neutrally (sort of) and would be allowed to choose their own religion. During this time the Ryndalians made two big discoveries. The first one was of how their gas worked, essentially the plants that were on Siliat recycled the ZacfHi that was used up previously. (Think Oxygen-Carbon Dioxide Relationship) They immediately used this knowledge to create a ZacfHi-powered database where all Ryndalians put their memories, knowledge, etc... They called this massive store of memories Ryndala, and used it to resolve issues between both religions, for it was part of each. The other discovery they made was that the Hresk which by now they had domesticated could be ridden. They realized that this was their way off Siliat and on to the rest of existence. This was VERY important as with the added space the followers of The Fate and the followers of the Serpantine could keep away from each other, and so they started research on this immediately.

57GS (The Great Expansion)
The progress on the Hresk finally manifested to a point where they could fly them off Siliat. The Ryndalians however wanted to stay as one goverment lest they wipe themselves out. So they devised a way to keep everything somewhat balanced, they devised The Council. It would contain six members, which were to be the six Sacred Children who they were confident wouldn't try to abuse their placement and if they did they could turn to Ryndala to set them straight. As everyone left to make settlements they aggred to a few meeting spots to disscus the expansion. It would take a little time to get the council set up however so Ryndala was the sole arbiter for the time being.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 10:28:28 am by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 10:20:33 am »
Awesome creature. Couldn't they use the gas as a weopon?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 10:55:59 am »
They do.  ;)  (Thanks Bathamael)
Someone noticed the thread! Update!

60GS (The Founding of The Council)
The Ryndalians had made five settlements outside Siliat, one Sacred Child was sent to each colony to guide them. Tremere elected to stay in Siliat until The Council was formed.Now, everything was settled and it was time for the first metting of The Council. The first session went well, it was efficient, they had found the gasses they brothe through their skin were produced by the plants so they started to plant crops of them in the colonies. The only major problem was that there were some mysterious creatures that were outsmarting them and regularly pillaging Weximaru's settlements. The Fate decided that they were abominations sent as punishment for abandoning The Fate. Weximaru and Crisden believed however that they were Genetic specimen sent for manipulation by the Ryndalians. (Ryndalians had started to research Genetics by this point.)

(When I post from now on Teal represents Ryndala, and Navy represents The Council)

65GS
The Ryndalians begin to figure out about those creatures that they were being attacked by and decided to launch an assult on them. They noticed that they wern't able to battle them effictevely so they started to think about it. Eventually they noticed a particularly fercious predator losse nearby and tried to do to them as they have done to the Hresk. At this time they officialy domesticated the "Answid". (Tell me if I should go into detail on the war between the unknown sentient species and the Ryndalians.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:16:29 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 08:55:48 am »
I just wanted to say that i find that the idea 'universal stick'  has been replaced by rocks or block, very cool.
Imagine how great an impact it must have on the fundamental ideas of I vs enviroment.
As a human u would grab or poke, simple actions that define the way u solve or create problems.
As a Ryndalian u would push , move , pile.
Pretty darn cool :)

atleast if i got it right

Offline Genesis

• Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 10:16:30 am »
Finally a responce, THANK YOU!!!  (Dr . Nick)

That is right in a way, can't believe nobody noticed till now.

Anyway... UPDATE!

(I'll assume that nobody wants to hear about the war, so I'll gloss over it and get to the next part. I'll do that later if anyone wants to hear it.)

783GS (The inauguration of Crislai.)
After the gigantic war finally ended and the smoke cleared the Ryndalians had developed an amazing level of genetic ability, used to create at least ten diffrent species to attack their foes. They ultimately came up with the idea that infinite complexity was perfection. In this time they found a way to implant the memories of Ryndalians directly into Ryndala, making her the living incarnation of all (or most.) Ryndalian memories. They even began to colonize other planets at this point, from following the other species to its other colonies on diffrent planets. They began a massive D.N.A. bank as well, made copies of all the genes, and stored them in, what else, Ryndala. Unfortunately in this titanic war Tremere was slain in an desperate assault on Siliat. So the peacemaker between the Fate and the Serpantine was no more. Appointed to her position was the daughter of Crisden, Crislai. she was only 37 years old but in the end it didn't matter.

More to come! Please ask questions.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 10:18:31 am by Genesis »

What will you do?