Author Topic: New set of creatures ~ Octibians (bio-weapons)  (Read 4642 times)

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
New set of creatures ~ Octibians (bio-weapons)
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:05:28 pm »
OK, so, I had an idea that, if there are going to be packs and herds in spore, there should be inter-species herds and packs ~ aliences which could be made whilst creating the creatures - they would only be creatable between your own creatures, unless you were given permission by the creator, or something.

SO, here is where the Octibian story begins:
((all are links to my devart account, which contains info itself, different than what you will find here.))

The 'original' Octibian

Theese creatures are quite simpily anphibiouse creatures, they have a set of lungs and a set of gills, meening they could live under water or on land, for however long they want.

they are very awear of their surroundings, and can tell others of their species quickly through smell (they have scent glands that no other creature has)

They can rear up onto their hind legs to attack with the front, elongated claws, but basicly walk on 6 feet. Their toes are webbed to let them swim quickly.
Their secondary limbs have 2 stabing/slicing weapons, which can be used whilst running at high speed, OR standing on rear legs.

They are asexual (they dont need a mate to re-produce) and can reproduce very quickly (laying several eggs a fortnight, even though only a few will actually survive) and grow to maturity very quickly (around an earth month)

they are roughly the size of a great dane.

Octibian Biped

This creature is a forced evolution of the original, created by an alien race as a war machine, although it was discovered that the two types would actually work together in a fight.
Due to this behavior, it was decided to keep both as war machines and use them together in warfare.

This form has had the back 2 legs effectivly welded together, giving twice the muscle power in one leg, and making them almost impossible to break. Due to this, they are able to run quickly, jump high and pounce far.
When compared to the original, they are pretty equal - the original is slightly more stable and faster, the biped is stronger.

During a straight race, the biped would keep up easily for a while, but soon fall behind.

The size didnt change much, although the biped is slightly taller due to its stance.

Octibian Aichiellal

After the success of the biped, it's creators decided to tackle the one area the first 2 couldn't reach - the sky.

This creature was designed to be more streamlined, and whilst maby not as good an attacker, it can still hold its own, and can carry other creatures/machines/bombs into battle.
They are also far superior in the water. Although the originals were designed to live in the water, the Aichiellals can swim far faster and are slightly more deadly in water battle.

Soon after theese creatures were created, the creators found a way to create the smaell themsels, allowing them to walk through a raging battle unscathed by their creatures.

Octibian Behemoth

although the above creatures reproduce amasingly quickly, and would win most battles by number, there is no substitue for size and strength.
The behemoths, at roughly 3 times the size of an original (between elephant and whale size), and capable of mowing down foot soldiers, crushing veichals and demolishing buildings.
Their brain size is also slightly increased, and the scent glands made more powerfull, meening they can advise the other creatures around it on where to attack ~ it has great authority.

Due to it's size, it is rather slow compared to the smaller versions - but capable of outrunning a car all the same.

It can walk on 6 legs or 4 comfortably, using the front two feet as graspers or weapons.

Due to safty regulations, it's reproduction rate was decresed, and although a baby will still reach maturity as quick as ever, they can only lay one egg every 3 earth months.

By taking a handfull of each creature down onto an enimy planet, who have no prior knowlege of the beasts, the creatures could spread and multiply quickly, wiping out all life on the planet. The creators of theese creatures have also found particular scents that drive the creatures barmy, meening they can target cirtain cities, and others that suppress the reproduction cycle almost to a stop, both usefull in controlling them.

Series 2 of octibian creatures.

Theese are additions made specificly for fan fic inclusion (I would love to see a fic started where theese creatures start invading some of the more war-like sapiant creatures in this forum)

Octibian Digger

Theese creatures are about cow-sized, and move at a similar speed.
Their spade like spikes and sharp graspers allow them to dig well, especially as their graspers are webbed, allowing them to scoop out dirt.

Their main use is to dig-out underground colonies, which they can smell out easily.
they also start off large burrows for their own kind to live in.

Octibian Forcer

Roughly twice the size of a normal octibian (making them second largest creature), theese monstors are insanly powerfull.

Their front arms are joined at the wrist to make a powerfull battering ram, capable of smashing through rock like it was a sand-castle and launching smaller objects out into space.
They work well in demoloshing cities, breaking down large walls and shattering the bubbles around out-of-their-way colonies.

They really shine when the planet has been cleared and colonised, though, as they are the ones responcible for launching 'spores' into space to attempt to colonise other planets.
Although alot of the time, especially on larger planets, they fail at the launch, they still have a high enough success rate that the species could some day conqure a galaxy.

Octibian Worker

Theese creatures, although the smallest, are some of the most important.
They do all the small jobs, looking after eggs, digging new tunnels, cleaning larger creatures, carrying food.
Dispite their small size, they can live amasingly long, unless they get crushed.

They have suction pads on their feet allowing them to walk on almost any surface, even upside-down.

Again, theese creatures really come into play in colonising other planets. They are the ones that build the spores, fill them with eggs, and one unlucky sod will have to get inside, risking his life several times over.

They fill the spore up with green gloop that they can excerete and basicly live in stasis for eaons, waking up every few years to check on the eggs.
When they notice a consistant temperature change indicating an atmosphere, or a leak indicating a crash, they will instantly wake up. They will open up the spore and hopefully step out into a planet with an atmosphere.

They go about making a safe area for the eggs and start the colinisation.

an octibian spore

Theese are made from rocks, mud, plants, basicly anything the creatures can find and use, as well as secretion to keep it rock solid.

The outside is strong enough to survive almost anything, but they can be broken out of from the inside rather easily.

They usually carry about 9 eggs, one of each type plus spares.
Even if the worker dosnt survive, chances are the eggs might.

For more detailed information on any creature, read the comments under each picture in the link.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:09:49 pm by GCool »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: New set of creatures ~ Octibians (bio-weapons)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 04:17:28 pm »
very cool...like the concept and the pics
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline arriman

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 04:32:16 pm »
very nice creations  ;D

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 04:35:54 pm »
thanks, hopefully someone from the team will see the idea of multi-species alliance here and put it in the game so I can actually make them.
I would love to make them, I really hope they will work...

I would leave them all on the same planet, and they can be, like, the A-Team of the game - if you have a job, and if you can find them, then maby you can use them *snicker*

Anyways, if anyone want's to have them as a weapon in a forum-fan-fic game thing, just post here...

Any more comments?

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:27:57 pm »
Out of interest, can anyone host my pictures so that I can put them in the post to stop people turning off?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:48:39 pm »
Out of interest, can anyone host my pictures so that I can put them in the post to stop people turning off?

I would, but I'm not really good with that stuff...I can barely upload my own pics... :-\

anyways, i was wondering, about how big would these guys be?
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 01:16:10 pm »

I would, but I'm not really good with that stuff...I can barely upload my own pics... :-\

anyways, i was wondering, about how big would these guys be?

I used to host all my own, but for some reason my ftp is spazzing up.

I know I said in one of the descriptions, somewhere, anyways:

normal Octibian - think large great dane ~ about up to an average grown mans chest.

Biped, basicly the same size, but due to its stance it would be up to a grown mans neck ~ possible head hight.

Aichiellal, roughly the same as the octibian.

Behemoth, roughly 3 times as big as an original, soooo think... iunno, 2 wardrobes on top of each other, maby bigger...

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 04:10:13 pm »
Added some more creatures, specificly for fan-fics:

Octibian Digger
Octibian Forcer
Octibian Worker
an octibian spore

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:27:51 pm »
ooh nice new ones
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 09:39:38 am »
ooh nice new ones

Thanks. I have some more ideas. I think this may turn into a race like those from starship troopers.
The ones I added in the fan-fic part are mainly so that they can spread accross the galaxy and find anyone's planet who wants to write a fanfic, without any questions asked.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 11:42:47 am »
I think this may turn into a race like those from starship troopers.

they remind me of tyranids...(not that that's a bad thing  ;D )
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 11:49:16 am »
I think this may turn into a race like those from starship troopers.

they remind me of tyranids...(not that that's a bad thing  ;D )

Yeah, I loved the tyranids :D But tyranids are sapiant, at least more so than octibians.

I may do some cross-breeds, but I think I shall start a thread where any sapiant race can join, saying they have an infestation of the creatures.

Out of interest, How would I post theese on sporewiki?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 12:13:00 pm »
Out of interest, How would I post theese on sporewiki?

I'm not the best person to ask (that would probably be daxx or mason) but I kind of got you started (I made all the links to it and stuff) 
just edit this page
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 12:34:11 pm »
Thanks, i've added the first creature, and put some more info up (skin colour etc)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 08:55:16 pm »
Did you mean this?

If this if what you ment, ill just modify this post
I have a problem with moving my letters =P