Author Topic: What musical instrument do you play, and how long have you been playing?  (Read 23068 times)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
I played the French Horn in elementary school, and I taught myself a few songs on the guitar. I consider myself a master of thwacking rulers on desks, though. (If you don't know what that is, shame!)

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
I play the violin (8th grade orchestra). We play mostly classic stuff (Overture 1812, Mozart's Serenade, small crap like that) although lately we played Stairway to Heaven (one of the bass players in my class can play guitar) and Pirates of the Carribean music. Could've been the Concert Master, but tuning all the little biatches in my class gets annoying.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 02:18:59 pm by Ameg »

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
Baritone B.C. also known as Euphonium  :) look it up if you have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm in an eighth grade band and we play a lot of stuff. We did the pirates of the Carribean symphonic suite and I play a little guitar.

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
I play clarinet for like 8 years I think :)

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
I play the drums, i know not the typical geek instrument, but when you think, it is a lot geekier than a guitar, you get to hide at the back behind lotsa stuff!the perfect shy persons instrument!

Been playin for nearly 2 years now btw!

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
I have been playing the Violin since I was 6 (am now 23) but have not played much since high school.  I still have my violin in the closet, but I have to much other stuff to do.

Offline tomberg

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
i play the guitar and have been playin for 2 years now

Offline Deep Lee

• Omega Racer
  • Don't quote pictures. Use words to describe them.
    • View Profile
    • DeepLee.com
I played bass for 3+ years, but gave up. I now produce and make 'rap' music (for the past couple of years, mostly the last year). Visit deeplee.net for free MP3s of my stuff. It's getting there. I was thinking about making a track with Zelda:link to the past, the music you hear in the fairy caves... check back I'll post it up there just for fun sometime, if I ever get Reason to work again.

Offline tomberg

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
deeplee ur music is sweet

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
I've been playing guitar for 2 years. I'm going to take a high school music class next year, is that reccomended?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Guitar for about 3 years (bass for 1), Piano for about 5, I sing pretty okay, and am in a Junk band (see my new sig!). We're hoping to go to the Bristol Festival. Those English people amongst you will know what I'm on about. I've played with Jack Harris and Robert Blake.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:51:18 am by Daxx »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I played Clarinet in the 6th grade. I always wished I could play guitar.

Offline Anou Mawi

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
I’ve played various percussion instruments for 7 years, started off with the snare drum and played the lowest heaviest base drum in High School marching band.

GO BAND NERDS! :D

LOL!My 1/4 of my school is in band so that's funny to me.
Violin for 1 year.

Offline WoozleWazzle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: What musical instrument do you play, and how long have you been playing?
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2005, 06:27:14 am »
I've played bass for 5 years now, but just in school. At first it was fun, but now in high school it's starting to become more like a chore. Most people in the band now want to become a musician and are really committed, but for myself who just wants to play casually, it's a bit too technical. I'm kind of uncertain wether to continue at the moment...
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."  —George Bush, Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." — March 13, 2002

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
Re: What musical instrument do you play, and how long have you been playing?
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 06:23:43 pm »
I played alto sax for 4 years, i stopped at the beginning of 9th grade, now my brother plays it