Author Topic: Want me to make your creature's planet?  (Read 34839 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Want me to make your creature's planet?
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2006, 12:56:41 am »
Could you make Omix? It is a little smaller than Earth with four large continents relatively close to eachother with a loooong landmass next to the south east continent and moving up over the other. It also has three moons, one is a desert moon that is the largest moon and closest to the planet. The next moon is very small and is like our moon. Furthest out is a medium sized one that is also like our moon.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2006, 05:52:32 pm »
Could you make Omix? It is a little smaller than Earth with four large continents relatively close to eachother with a loooong landmass next to the south east continent and moving up over the other. It also has three moons, one is a desert moon that is the largest moon and closest to the planet. The next moon is very small and is like our moon. Furthest out is a medium sized one that is also like our moon.

Ok done Omix.  This one was quite difficult since I didn't have the stuff to do rings yet.  For realism I put the ring between two moons, other wise the planet would be bombarded. Also it looks cool ;D.  Click on the thumbnail to see the whole image:

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2006, 01:53:41 am »
Lol! I forgot it had a ring! Darn! Thanks for putting it there! It's amazing. *Hugs planet and smushes many Omic*

EDIT - Rings don't cast shadows...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 01:55:52 am by Alwayswatching »

Offline Sipp

• Breakout Battler
  • What em i doing here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2006, 07:46:05 am »
Sipp: Shouldn't be hard, do you want green growing near the shores of the lakes or just desert right up to the shores?
sure, the green grass would be nice. Around the lake and rivers please!
And thanks so much for doing this  ;D

OK, here is Remraw.  I hope it's to you're liking.  As always click on the thumbnail to see the larger version:

wow, i love it! THANKS!  ;D
Comment on my new creature! Woot!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2006, 07:53:21 am »
yo Ittiz i have another job for you, when you get the time can you draw Etiadar,it a super sized gas planet bigger then Jupiter(i don't think size matters though), real bright green with light blue and a light bright pink color,one thing though,etiadar is Right in an asteroid belt so draw toxic meteors near it and comming out or into the planet,ask if you want more info.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2006, 09:29:04 am »
Lol! I forgot it had a ring! Darn! Thanks for putting it there! It's amazing. *Hugs planet and smushes many Omic*

EDIT - Rings don't cast shadows...

Indeed they do:

Note the shadow cast by the rings on the upper part of Saturn.

Although if you do want a version without ring shadow I could whip it up quick.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 09:31:46 am by Ittiz »

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2006, 09:31:04 am »
Ah, okay.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2006, 09:39:02 am »
I didn't think rings cast shadows either so I looked it up.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/09/blue_saturn/

The image shows dark bands running around the planet's atmosphere. These are not the cloud bands they seem to be, but shadows cast by Saturn's rings.

I always thought they were cloud bands.  You learn something new every day.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2006, 09:43:58 am »
So Omix has like, a dark zone along the equator where it is always night? Cool!

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2006, 10:19:02 am »
yo Ittiz i have another job for you, when you get the time can you draw Etiadar,it a super sized gas planet bigger then Jupiter(i don't think size matters though), real bright green with light blue and a light bright pink color,one thing though,etiadar is Right in an asteroid belt so draw toxic meteors near it and comming out or into the planet,ask if you want more info.

What's a toxic meteor?  Are the bands are blue and pink?

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2006, 10:56:51 am »
Oh could you do the Quillaran one, I think I asked for it on one of the first few pages, guess it got overlooked  :D . Just go from the description on Spore-Wiki and have at it however you want.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2006, 11:16:58 am »
by toxic meteors i mean that since etiadar is a gas planet in the middle of asteroid field,many many rocks plunge into the planet and come out the other side a floating ball of a rock coved in deadly gas.here is a pic,it is kinda bad since it's been a while since i'v opened paint.

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2006, 11:17:56 am »
Oh could you do the Quillaran one, I think I asked for it on one of the first few pages, guess it got overlooked  :D . Just go from the description on Spore-Wiki and have at it however you want.
Quillaris is an ice ball planet? Is it all ice?

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2006, 11:33:28 am »
by toxic meteors i mean that since etiadar is a gas planet in the middle of asteroid field,many many rocks plunge into the planet and come out the other side a floating ball of a rock coved in deadly gas.here is a pic,it is kinda bad since it's been a while since i'v opened paint.

A planet like that probably couldn't exist in reality.  Dispite the name gas planets usually have a rocky core a few times bigger than Earth which is surrounded by an ocean of liquid hydrogen. Here is some info about Jupiter from Wikipedia: "Jupiter is composed of a relatively small rocky core, surrounded by metallic hydrogen, surrounded by liquid hydrogen, which is surrounded by gaseous hydrogen. There is no clear boundary or surface between these different phases of hydrogen; the conditions blend smoothly from gas to liquid as one descends."

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2006, 01:28:44 pm »
well i'm no space geniuse...even though i have earth and space honors. just try it any ways,lets just say that the rocks that hit etiadar sqaure in the center get disslved since i guess the acids would be much stronger in the center and only rocks that only fly through the planet's "sky" survive and the get a toxic covering.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!