Author Topic: Kharazeans & The Kharoi (updated)  (Read 13094 times)

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Kharazeans & The Kharoi (updated)
« on: May 19, 2006, 03:04:55 pm »
The Kharoi Information is found here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4589.msg154864#msg154864

Okay, this is my first one. The image is entirely drawn with Photoshop (I am a bad in drawing with hands) so it might look a bit odd.

The Kharazeans

Kharazeans are an extremely hostile and warlike species from planet Xharathre. Their hostility and killing instincts are, however, justified. The creatures have not encounteret nothing else then hostile creatures. Xharathre is a living nightmare, a planet with constant lava sprouts from ground, literally thousands of volcanoes, and athmosphere which simply could not support human life. It is impossible for any creature to have permanent residence in this place, because sooner or later, a volcanic eruption, earthquake or lava sprout would destroy it. Xharathre wasn't always a planet like this. Millions of years before Kharaza Prime, the star of the solar system grew into incredibly large red supergiant, it was a yellow star, with planets capable of supporting all kinds of life, lush forests, snowy ice planets and water planets. All that is past now. There are only five planets left from the original eleven (six were consumed by Kharaza Prime), adn only two of them have still life. Xharathre is one of these planets, and Kharazeans are the dominant species of the planet.

Kharazeans travel in packs of 5-15, and a pack is led by an Alpha Hunter, the fastest, strongest and most vicious member of the pack. Because of the constant avoiding and changing of place, Kharazeans are almost always on the move, except for the rare hours when they find a place that is habitable enough to rest for a while. When such place is found, rest of the pack sleep while two guardians keep watch for oncoming natural disasters and larger predators. Sometimes during this phase, a guardian might kill a sleeping pack member if it helps it in some way. If the guardian isn't caught, it will not be killed.

The constant moving and immense heat has evolved Kharazeans in different ways. Their impressive legs are the most obvious part. Almost 56% of all energy a Kharazean consumes is put in the use of legs. They consume nearly 98% of caloric energy of the food, whereas humans constume 25%. This enables them to run longer. Kharazean's leg muscles have lot of veins, and their bones are naturally about five times stronger then a human's. Kharazean's kicks are very powerful (etc. they are able to break stone with ease with their kicks), but the most impressive thing in them is the running speed a Kharazean is able to achieve by using them. An average Kharazean's running speed is about 80 miles per hour(128 km/h), but some individual have been able to achieve nearly 100 MPH (160 km/h). Running speed is an desirable aspect when choosing a mate, and individuals who aren't able to run very fast are usually left to predators. Kharazean's joint muscles are very well-defined, so they are able to move them extremely fast. Their hands and legs have three claws in each, and they are able to climb surfaces nimbly with them. Their hide also reflects heat and radiation very successfully. They are naturally carnivores.

Kharazeans have next to nothing technology, since they are not able to make much of it with their limited hands, and they really would not have use for it. Even though Kharazean's are not top of their food chain, they are masters of pack and hunting tactics, and can easily take out larger targets in groups.Kharazean's are a primitive race, but they have their own language which is quite complex. They are not capable of human speech, so a translator would be needed when not contacting other reptilian-like species. 

Size comparision between a human and a Kharazean:

Also made a picture of their solar system:

Kharaza Prime - An immense red supergiant. At least 18 times the size of our sun. Very unstable star, and it grows with very fast rate.

Xharathre - The planet of Kharazeans.

Zular - A gas giant, the largest planet and closest planet to Kharaza Prime. Some of the gas in it has been ignited by the immense heat, which results to fiery color.

Khazadu - A gas giant with rings around it, much like Saturn.

Zharer & Kharoi - Binary (twin) planets orbiting each other and the Khazara Prime. Thousands of years ago, when Xharathre was a livable planet, Kharoi had galactic war with it, resulting in the death of many. Zharer is uninhabitated planet, where Kharoi gets much of the minerals. Kharoi is still quite large power in galaxy, although in about half a million years the inhabitants have to leave when the planet becomes unhabitable.

Tell me what you like. :) 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:28:52 am by DarkCrawler »

If you think your life is hard....you haven't met Kharazeans.
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4589.0

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Kharazeans
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 03:13:15 pm »
Wow. Really interesting species.  ;D

There's a fair number of warlike species about, but I like the way that the Kharazeans have a real reason for becoming like they are. Are they sapient, or do they merely have an advanced sentience? I suppose it could be hard to tell, as they don't live in a location that permits the usual expressions of sapience, like art, technology, settlements etc.

Love the drawings, especially the star mapl, that's truly awsome.  :P

Great work.  :)
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 03:28:48 pm »
Wow. Really interesting species.  ;D

There's a fair number of warlike species about, but I like the way that the Kharazeans have a real reason for becoming like they are. Are they sapient, or do they merely have an advanced sentience? I suppose it could be hard to tell, as they don't live in a location that permits the usual expressions of sapience, like art, technology, settlements etc.

Love the drawings, especially the star mapl, that's truly awsome.  :P

Great work.  :)

Thanks. :)

They are sapient. They would be able to communicate with other intelligent species if they wished with some help, if they would have location do so, they could figure out how to build a small village (if their limbs would permit it, granted), and they have a basic religion with few gods they worship. There is a God of Fire, God of Hunting, God of Death...stuff that is closely connected to their everyday life.

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 04:17:33 pm »
Ehh..bump?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 04:18:38 pm »
Your last post was only an hour ago!

You have earned my contempt sirrah!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 04:22:36 pm »
Sorry...it seemed like it was going to fall under the other threads without anyone noticing it. I put quite a bit of work on it. :(

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 04:26:40 pm »
Don't worry. It's an interesting species with some good artwork to boot. This forum has a lot of creature threads and it can take some time to gather some responses.  :)

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 04:27:44 pm »
Okay. :)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 04:31:25 pm »
I like em, now i would like to see more of that violent planet, like different fauna and flora
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 03:38:06 am »
I like em, now i would like to see more of that violent planet, like different fauna and flora

Seconded. I'd like to know what other life survives on this nightmare planet. If life has to be tough and vicious to survive there, I assume that the creatures they hunt can't be pushovers.  :P

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 04:08:27 am »
I like the creature too.  :) In fact, I'm surprised that so many good creatures are made. I think Will Wrights thesis of 70% crap, 20% good and 10% awesome is flawed. :D  Keep it up, I love the starmap. Is it photoshop too? It reminds me of Celestia.

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 05:03:17 am »
Thanks.  ;D Yeah, they have been made with Photoshop.

I might design some new creatures.

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 05:25:58 am »
cool picture. i love the backround very cool looking. How does the pack decide who the alpha hunter is?

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 06:40:02 am »
Fighting. Constant battles, and the strongest (or the most clever) one that defeats most opponents is the leader. Challenges happen frequently, but usually one Alpha Hunter stays quite long.

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 12:11:56 pm »
Here is perhaps the most feared creature of their planet:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5171/zharavrakkopio7zu.gif

Zharavrak

These immense, astonishing creatures are the top of the food chain of the planet. No other creature can defeat them in battle, the only known deaths of these creatures is either in the hands of another Zharavrak, or from old age. They grow their entire age, and they can reach the impressive age of nearly four hundred years. Zharavraks are the largest creatures known to the planet. They travel alone, and because they only mate once in every hundred year (finding a mate might take dozens of years), they are very rare. They have four arms and four legs. One pair of arms is designed for attacking (they have hook like appendages there) and one pair, which has three fingered hands, is designed for fine control. The two pairs of legs have different uses too, the stronger ones are designed for running (they are not very fast, though) and another pair, which has strong spikes on it has been designed for climbing and alternate way of attaking. Their black, extremely thick hide absorbs heat energy itself, which they can then release later as a way of disturbing their opponent, or attracting another member of their species by forming an extremely potent heat source by releasing all the enery at once (they can see in thermal vision).