Author Topic: Auto Assault 14-day free trial. No Credit Card Needed!  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
  • The "I'm Not a ____, but..." King
    • View Profile
Auto Assault 14-day free trial. No Credit Card Needed!
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:42:43 am »
https://secure.plaync.com/ cgi-bin/free_trial.pl?partner=10

I'm pretty sure that's the link but I'm at work so I can't test it. If it doesn't work for you, just search Google for "Auto Assault free trial".

Anyways, I downloaded the game yesterday (took about 3 hours on Cable @ 192kbs) and finally got to play for about an hour before I had to go to bed.

My first impressions:

Very quest based, not really a grind at all.

Combat is fast paced, dynamic and should get your heart pumping.

Even at level 1-4 I was finding weapon upgrades including a sweet looking mortor and blood sprayer.

Game is like a larger Twisted Metal Black. Driving around is VERY fun, combat is awesome, quests are simple so far (go kill X Pike Footpads, go collect X contaminated Ore) but I can't really see myself paying money to play it due to the polish factor.

The game is fun like an arcade game, not like a MMO if that makes sense to you. If you read full length reviews elsewere on the internet they will pretty much say the same thing. Combat is fun, driving is great but the game needs lots of polish and tender love and care to make it truely shine.

I FULLY suggest downloading this free trial however. There is nothing like blowing up buildings while being chased thru contaminated ruins by speederbikes.

This space for sale.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Assault 14-day free trial. No Credit Card Needed!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:56:58 am »
I don't know. I have a hard time getting terribly excited about playing as, for the most part, a car that blows other cars up. It's like getting excited over the new Pixar film: You know you should care, but you find it difficult to relate to the subject matter.

Still, a free demo isn't a bad idea. Thanks for posting it. :)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:09:55 am »
I don't know. I have a hard time getting terribly excited about playing as, for the most part, a car that blows other cars up. It's like getting excited over the new Pixar film: You know you should care, but you find it difficult to relate to the subject matter.

Still, a free demo isn't a bad idea. Thanks for posting it. :)
My thoughts exactly. On both game and pixar film.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:11:30 am »
But you can take it off sweet jumps! :-P

It is actually more to just blowing cars up. The talent system is very much like WOW's. Right now I can summon a pet fighter and pet Healer that help me out quite a bit.
This space for sale.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:00:12 pm »
I got this in my Email since I play CoH/CoV

I dunno if I'm going to try it yet

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:16:53 pm »

It's STILL a car. I don't relate to cars; I relate to people.
It is actually more to just blowing cars up. The talent system is very much like WOW's. Right now I can summon a pet fighter and pet Healer that help me out quite a bit.
The car has pets???  ???

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 01:35:17 pm »

It's STILL a car. I don't relate to cars; I relate to people.

Oh darn, I play as orcs. :P

( :D)

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 01:43:03 pm »
Having been a vet of Interstate 76 mulitplayer and Motor City Online, I just can't think that this will last very long. The problem with any reflex-based driving game is that there are going to be really good players and they will always win. The average people will always complain that they can't be competitive, and the poor players will always loose. Also, unless the world are HUGE you eventually run out of places to drive and get bored.

I have Need For Speed Most Wanted. I cleared the first ten hotlist people, but the game is more of the same. I don't know if I'll bother finishing it (the only reason to would be to get to the final police chase).

-Lego

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 01:57:02 pm »
Being a first wave beta tester I've watched this game mature, and then just stop dead in it's tracks.  It is very fun at first, but depending on the type of person you are you'll get sick of it, some quicker then others.  The basic problem with the game is that all you do is mindless killing of NPC's. Until you finally get to a level where you feel your comfortable to PvP. Endless killing and delivery missions aren't fun.

The crafting is quite detailed, but doesn't really fit with the rest of the game. Crafting is a very involved practice which you must dedicate many hours too, the rest of the game is going around shooting bugs and bandits.

I urge many people to not judge the game by two weeks of gameplay, consider long term. How long will endless killing be fun until you realize how utterly repetitve it is.

It's not even like many other MMO's where they at least promote roleplaying, or you could just hang out with friends.

The idea of the game is great fun, but in the end it's just the same thing, over and over. And if you don't like to PvP the end game is even worse for you.

The game defiantely has fun features like jumps, but honestly, how long does that stay intersting? And are you willing to pay $15 a month so you can ramp off things?

Some people might enjoy this, but don't judge it by simply two weeks. In those two weeks you will easily find it great fun, they snag you when you start to enter your third or fourth week and realize maybe this isn't such a hot game. Byt which time you've already paid for your first month.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 04:32:44 pm »
I beta tested this back in January. I found it GREAT for the first few levels but holding down the fire button all the time got boring in the higher level and I wish it made combat more intresting. It was really promising but after a while I wanted more out of a MMO.
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 08:40:38 pm »
Well I am lvl 6 now, almost 7 and I am finally getting a little bit used to the craftinf system. It is very complicated!

Combat is still great!
This space for sale.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 09:14:55 pm »
I love Pixar man, what's wrong with you?

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 07:33:04 pm »
i know the girl who did all the drawings for the characters in that game. another artist did the vehicles. pity she moved to LA, she was pretty cool...

even then though, i still can convince myself i want to play that game. even with a free trial period. and a free trial would tell me the game is hurting.

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 01:45:51 am »
I've just spent all day playing Auto Assault. I'm now level 16 and I'm working my way up in Projectile Weapons Crafting. The game hasn't gotten boring at all. In fact, I will probably be purchasing it after the trial is up. Are there bugs, sure there are, but I enjoy this game so much! I suggest you look at this game like a single player game and not an MMO. Once you strip away your preconcieved notions, only then can you honestly "get" this game. The loot system is like Diablo, combat is FREAKING AWESOME!

Also, one of the best things about this game is the community in-game. Like I said, I spent around 13 hours playing today (my first weekend off in about 3 months) and not once did I hear any flames, childish behavior, annoying chat or "STFU noob". In fact, when I asked in General Chat what everyone's feelings were about the game, they all said the same thing. "I love it, but I just wish there were more people playing, and this game could get the recognition that it deserves."
This space for sale.

Offline Madchat18

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 02:06:12 pm »
Is anyone playing at all? I'm still having a blast even though I didn't get to play lastnight afterwork. My co-worker came over and asked if he could make a character and test it out so I let him. 6 hours later he woke me up and told me the game was great and went home at midnight. LOL!
This space for sale.