Author Topic: Is no one excited about Titan Quest?  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Tooter-Fish

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Is no one excited about Titan Quest?
« on: May 19, 2006, 06:32:58 am »
The demo came out last week and I think someone finally did a proper Diablo 2 clone.  The game also looks great and has support for widescreen.  I tried the demo and cannot wait until release which looks to be on June 26.  Anyone else tried this? excited about it?

edit: http://titanquestgame.com
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 06:36:19 am by Tooter-Fish »

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Is no one excited about Titan Quest?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:54:38 am »
The demo came out last week and I think someone finally did a proper Diablo 2 clone. The game also looks great and has support for widescreen. I tried the demo and cannot wait until release which looks to be on June 26. Anyone else tried this? excited about it?

edit: http://titanquestgame.com

I'm cautiously excited about it. I don't know, I've been very annoyed with every Diablo clone that's come along and so I'm trying not to get my hopes up that it'll measure up to it. The problem with making a clone of that game is that you are going to be compared to it in such detail that the odds of you being considered any good by comparison are very low.

Offline Tooter-Fish

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 09:06:47 am »
Believe me, I'm in the same boat; I've had my hopes crushed many a time.  The closest thing I've seen that did an ok job at best was Sacred, pretty fun game but buggy as hell. 

There is a demo for Titan Quest on Fileplanet, about an hour's worth of gameplay and you can try 3 of the available classes to level 6 or so.  It looks like it may do the job. 

I might add that they also borrow a lot from WoW as well.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 10:58:41 am »
I am! played the demo the other day and I'm pretty excited. I love Hack-n-slash RPGs and this one looks like it has a lot of potential. My one real complaint with the demo was the music. I hope that changes, it had too much dead time where all there was to listen to were birds chirping. All the tech. issue will probably be worked out so I'm not worried about those. I love the skill system!

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 09:14:19 pm »
I don't know, I still want Diablo 3.

Twiggs

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 10:43:24 pm »
Is it more Dungeon Siege-ish or Dungeon Siege 2-ish?

werechicken

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 09:26:12 am »
Can someone clear this up because the demo confused me on this point, Do you just have one skillset to choose from, or do you have a major skill and a minor skill?

Offline veezle

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 01:05:08 pm »
I played the demo and can say I really enjoyed it. I think I'll play again, this time using a magic caster.

The Diablo influence is blatant, however, there are many improvements. I'll definately be keeping my eye on this one.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 03:44:03 pm »
The Diablo influence is blatant, however, there are many improvements. I'll definately be keeping my eye on this one.

If it lacks socketed weapons and runes, it's not an improvement. But if it does, maybe it's worth checking out.

werechicken

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 04:35:59 pm »
You can upgrade weapons with charms from monsters, that are actually tied to the monsters, you can also merge 2 or more of the same charms to get 1 more powerful charm, these can then be added to your weapons and armour

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 10:30:06 pm »
You can upgrade weapons with charms from monsters, that are actually tied to the monsters, you can also merge 2 or more of the same charms to get 1 more powerful charm, these can then be added to your weapons and armour

Eh. Still not as cool as spelling things with Runes to quadruple their power. Trying to get the ones you wanted tacked on weeks of playability on Diablo II. Taking two of something and making something bigger and better? That's simplistic by comparison.

werechicken

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 02:11:40 am »
not really because each creature drops unique chamrs, and there are also uber charms, it is fairly easy to get the creature specific charms but the uber ones take a while, and can someone explain to me how the skill systems works, do we only get the one skill set, or can we have a minor and a major skill

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 09:19:05 am »
not really because each creature drops unique chamrs, and there are also uber charms, it is fairly easy to get the creature specific charms but the uber ones take a while, and can someone explain to me how the skill systems works, do we only get the one skill set, or can we have a minor and a major skill

Fine, fine. I'm not going to debate its merits versus Diablo II any further. I'll play it, see what I think. But I'd be shocked if it could hold a torch to its spiritual predecessor. Any game that can steal years from my life is something to be respected....

...and feared.  :o

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:01:05 am »
I think I'll stick with Sacred, thanks.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Encrypted

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 11:46:29 am »
I have been playing the demo and so far I like it.  I finished with a Pyromancer and am starting over as a Warrior.

It's pretty, has some interesting elements but it runs pretty poorly on my system; not choppy but I see a lot of mouse lag.  You know, where you can
whip the mouse from one side to the other and it takes a bit for the cursor to catch up.   >:(