Author Topic: Does you Creature represent you?  (Read 6583 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Does you Creature represent you?
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:36:35 am »
Apparently, The Auyuelcliads have a similar personality to me.

I have a great faith in my beliefs (but im not part of a religion, anmd my beliefs are nothing like thsoe of teh Auyuelcliads...), and id like to think if myself as honorable. I try to help and look after people (The Slorthiums) but i like to have freedom (O.T.H.E.R laws). I am in no way a pacifist, and i believe war is correct if you can prove it as "just" or in self defence. They are pretty tough warriors, but prefer hand to hand combat , paticularaly staffs (my weopon of choice in my martial arts classes). I added some things in that are NOT like me, but are things i find ironic or amusing (Sarrakai and Evangelist terrorism).

You guys?

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Does you Creature represent you?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:48:05 am »
Nice thought provoking post.  :P

Well I now have two sapient species, and I think that they both have their roots in my own personality.

The Eodu are fairly close to my own mindset, being very philosophical and open minded yet not very focused on practical achievements or application of thought. 'Ideas for ideas' sake' would fit both me and the Eodu. :)

On the other hand, they encompass something that I will never understand. They are very mathematically minded, and I can't do maths at all (not even simple multiplication tables, my mindset finds them so hard to comprehend, thinking in images rather than numbers). Perhaps they also allow me to grasp at something I myself cannot have. Allow me to investigate what it would be like to have that sort of mind.

I also used to be very shy and withdrawn. Whilst I've grown out of this, it is a characteristic which lives on in my creations, the Eodu.

The Ord (thankfully) are not like me. They could, however, be seen as a reversal of myself. Whereas I hold freedom to be very dear and am largely against violence, the Ord prize control, war and power. If the Eodian desire for thought witout restrictions, then the Ord desire the opposite. They only care about the cold and calculated application of thought to set goals.

Great post.  ;D
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

werechicken

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:50:19 am »
The caarnth where fairly close to my personal philosphies, but my new race is nothing like me

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:01:53 am »
The Wexxians are hippies and so am I, he he  ;D ;)

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 09:02:35 am »
The caarnth where fairly close to my personal philosphies, but my new race is nothing like me
Yeah, i realised that you weren't an evil meglomainac psychopath hell-bent on genocide.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 09:12:22 am »
I'm too lazy to be like the ViS... and too interesting. The personality of their leader, though, is basically mine (Or how I would act if I didnt want friends and didnt care about peoples feelings  :P)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 09:12:52 am »
Yeah, i realised that you weren't an evil meglomainac psychopath hell-bent on genocide.
No, I said my new race isn't like me ;)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 10:12:07 am »
My Tui are brilliant but have a lot of accidents. Much like my programs I write in my C++ class. :)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 10:38:32 am »
I hope the Kazea aren't me cause that would make me a racist.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 10:55:40 am »
In some respect i am like the Nauceans, but they are so diverse in each tribe its hard to compare. I do like water like they do and an interested in creatures like they would have a fascination with them. Also i suppose if this was some Native American society rather than having my totem animal be say a bear or an eagle, i would want mine to be a Naucean :D Which in a weird way it kind of has become exactly that, because people now associate the Naucean with me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:57:59 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 11:05:37 am »
In some respect i am like the Nauceans, but they are so diverse in each tribe its hard to compare. I do like water like they do and an interested in creatures like they would have a fascination with them. Also i suppose if this was some Native American society rather than having my totem animal be say a bear or an eagle, i would want mine to be a Naucean :D Which in a weird way it kind of has become exactly that, because people now associate the Naucean with me.

that is true if I ever meet you I will be expecting you to have tentacle's hanging out of your mouth.  :D Ha Ha

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 12:08:00 pm »

that is true if I ever meet you I will be expecting you to have tentacle's hanging out of your mouth. :D Ha Ha
...and i will be sincerley dispapointed if you dont!

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 12:14:57 pm »
My Grackens are my beliefs and personality given form.
My other race, the Abbasii, are also like me
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline QReaper

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Knowledge is a weapon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 04:41:42 pm »
As my philosophie is, so shall it be the Nereid's. Knowledge is a weapon, should be treated with reverence, to be sought out at all costs, and stupidity is not to be tolerated.

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 04:24:27 am »
sounds like the doctrines of the Church of Satan to me.....
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm