Author Topic: Spore Photo Album  (Read 5429 times)

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
Spore Photo Album
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:49 pm »
Does Spore have anything like a photo album?  You might recognize a feature like this as seen in The Sims.  It was a really big feature in The Sims 2.  I just didn't know if Spore was going to have something like this so we can keep track of our creatures evolution.  It might be a cool idea, not as full blow as in The Sims, but something as a keep sake.

Offline Joolies

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Photo Album
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:43:17 pm »
isn't that Sporepedia?

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:48:58 pm »
No something simlar to a photo diary of our creature.  Maybe like a storybook of your creature growing up.  Eating its first monster.  Mating the first time.... etc

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:00:53 am »
No something simlar to a photo diary of our creature.  Maybe like a storybook of your creature growing up.  Eating its first monster.  Mating the first time.... etc

Yeah, I was thinking something like that... or just something to show it's growth through evolution.

Offline Joolies

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 12:01:46 am »
I'll doubt they'd implement that AND Sporepedia. I might be wrong though.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 02:30:12 am »
I seriously hope they do... it's a pain in the ass to take a screenshot, alt tab, open photoshop, paste, save, alt tab, continue game till I see the next screen I want.

I think they'll have a photo album of sorts...  maybe even a video editor...  both concepts are completely congruous with the evo stage and still fitting for all the other stages.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 02:53:58 am »
yes, it might be an ideal thing to have, but i don't know if they would because of the sporepedia.  It would allow for stories and such = "this is me me blowing up my first planet"..etc
Under construction

Offline Sadisticfaction

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 03:50:48 am »
yes, it might be an ideal thing to have, but i don't know if they would because of the sporepedia.  It would allow for stories and such = "this is me me blowing up my first planet"..etc

And the crowd goes "AAwwwwwww". :D
I would like an integrated screenshot-taker-thing. Like having fraps, just as a part of the game.

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 03:54:17 am »
Simcity 4 had both an integrated screenshot maker (crappy) and a hidden feature that was able to make 'videos'. It would simply take screenshots at a set interval and you could then turn that into an animated gif or movie file with the help of other programs..

I expect they will also do this for Spore, simply because I think Will Wright just loves the storytelling aspect of it all and likes to enable people to be as creative with the game as they possibly can be..

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 05:06:19 am »
Why wouldn't they implement it? It takes so few resources, it would probably only take them a week to add it in. Besides, they know how much people love their creatures and want to tell their stories. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a camera and photo album.

Offline Schiz

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 06:44:41 am »
if it's just taking screenshots... almost all games have that..

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 09:50:39 am »
I seriously hope they do... it's a pain in the ass to take a screenshot, alt tab, open photoshop, paste, save, alt tab, continue game till I see the next screen I want.

Why do you open Photoshop for the screenshots. You can easily use Microsoft's Paint for that, saving won't be that annoying and time-wasting.

oh....yeah...  I'd love to have such a book, and why shouldn't they do it, if they had it in the Sims, because they know now how to do it  :)
Maybe it's a secret, kept until the release. Surprise!!  :o
 ;)
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Megajames75

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 10:40:00 am »
Hope they add it
My sporepedia page:

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Cold-Fire

I have over 50 creatures, I only upload my best so each of these should be good. All my creatures work ingame, and are beliveable.

Please take a look at my sporecast of the Flob species:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012834975

Offline liveoctopus

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 12:06:06 pm »
I bet it's in, Maxis have seemed to increasingly realize that their games go hand-in-hand with this sort of feature.

Also, I think I said this before, but I really want a "stages of evolution" screen in the classic fashion, showing snapshots of your creature at each generation. Crawling from the sea, growing legs, turning feet into hands, gradually learning to walk upright, etc.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 05:38:43 am »
I bet it's in, Maxis have seemed to increasingly realize that their games go hand-in-hand with this sort of feature.

Also, I think I said this before, but I really want a "stages of evolution" screen in the classic fashion, showing snapshots of your creature at each generation. Crawling from the sea, growing legs, turning feet into hands, gradually learning to walk upright, etc.

Actually along the same lines, I hope there is one premade.  For those of you who didn't play Black and White, in that game you would control a creature.  Over time the creature grew and learned different things.  As this happened or other notable events, the game autotook a screen shot and the creature "made" a webpage you could load up on your computer or download to the web detailing the life of your creature.  It seems like Maxis could implement this feature pretty readily for each stage of the creature's life.  Maybe a flash site with tabs for each stage.  But if they don't, I plan on making it for my creations.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail