Author Topic: New Creature- The Matarissans  (Read 22684 times)

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
New Creature- The Matarissans
« on: May 17, 2006, 12:49:19 pm »
 Hey everyone! I'm trying to get my idea for a creature off the ground. Tell me what you think. They are going to be a warrior humanoid race, have lots of black armor and spikes, and practically be a pirate/mercenary group. Remember I'm new, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Pictures and stories to come once I have a good idea and a few suggestions. An idea I have for them is that they wear the black armor to protect themselves after they were hurt in some way. Most likely cannabalistic and fly ships in various fleets because their home planet was destroyed. Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 05:36:24 pm by tooma125 »

Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Incognimous

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Wii-Online.net
Re: New Creature- The Matarissans (Need Help!)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:22:09 pm »
Well that's a very basic idea. You should try to put a little more detail in it and I think, a little sketch would help us too!
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Ren-Bai - A barbelicious creature!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 01:25:05 pm »
hey there, stranger! ::)

so you decided on a name for these guys? i like it, very nice

why didn't you remind me they have lots of spikes when i was trying to draw them in chemistry today? :D

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 01:25:40 pm »
Sounds vaguely familiar.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 03:06:29 pm »
Sounds vaguely familiar.

What do they sound familiar to? Is there a species like this already here? More to come! More Pictures, Story and Background once I find some time! PLEASE COMMENT! Criticism is appreciated!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 03:19:43 pm by tooma125 »

werechicken

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 03:44:12 pm »
not to be too harsh but you might want to come up with a more original idea for a creature, or flesh out the history and beliefs

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 04:00:03 pm »
I know the space pirate idea is sometimes overplayed, but what could I change in order for these guys to be original? I have never seen anything that looks like these pirates, but I don't know. If the creature ends up sounding like something, please tell me what it is. But like I said, I am going to write a history and a background, but would that be enough? ??? *Those are bodies being flown like a kite tail behind the ships in case you were wondering.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 04:01:35 pm »
Don't care if people call you unoriginal, you're being original by daring to be unoriginal. It may be confusing, but if you think about it for a few hours, it'll start to make sense.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 04:04:16 pm »
Don't care if people call you unoriginal, you're being original by daring to be unoriginal. It may be confusing, but if you think about it for a few hours, it'll start to make sense.

Thank you, I think it is starting to.  :) I appreciate it.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 04:41:48 pm »
I have this to say as far as originality goes: There are only so many truly original ideas in the world, and it's very difficult to come up with one that doesn't in some shape or form resemble something else. It's also entirely possible to come up with something that's almost exactly like something else without ever having seen or heard of it first, or without realizing it. The term is largely relative and dependant on the individual.

Since the sarcasm of my last post may have been lost to interpretation I'll put it bluntly. The description for these guys sounded very similar to the Torpal, who from a larger more general perspective, aren't very original either.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 04:45:19 pm »
 if were you I would of thought up everything before you started the thread but since you can't no harm no foul. the space pirate thing isin't use around here much, I think your the first species to do that,same thing for canniballs,I don't think there are Cannibals arond here,someone correct me if i'm wrong, As for pics keep them up, if you drew those do more, but fix the smile its creepy. also like werechicken said give more info on history and belif unless they have no religion.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 04:47:29 pm »
Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm...Oh well, yeah I guess they are somewhat similar to the Torpal, in that they are very warlike and what not. I will continue the pics and have a biography soon! I appreciate the comments! :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 04:59:57 pm by tooma125 »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 07:30:52 pm »
love the picture! that maniacal grin is the best...you even have the dragging corpses (like the ship designs, too, btw)! ;D

Since the sarcasm of my last post may have been lost to interpretation I'll put it bluntly. The description for these guys sounded very similar to the Torpal, who from a larger more general perspective, aren't very original either.

ya think so? i suppose they remind me of my earlier concepts for the torpal, but not much else

if were you I would of thought up everything before you started the thread but since you can't no harm no foul. the space pirate thing isin't use around here much, I think your the first species to do that,same thing for canniballs,I don't think there are Cannibals arond here,someone correct me if i'm wrong,

the torpal eat their casualties of war...but no one remembers that...the bug-aliens smjjames made were cannibals, too, but no one remembers them either...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 07:38:56 pm »
Hey! I remembered the Torpal's feeding habits in the Condyre thread!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 07:42:19 pm »
Hey! I remembered the Torpal's feeding habits in the Condyre thread!

you want a cookie? ;)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]