Author Topic: New Creature- The Matarissans  (Read 22293 times)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature- The Matarissans (Need Help!)
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 07:45:06 pm »
A drawing of the Ghulos will be fine ;)

-edit- Unless they're wearing clothes, though, they'll need a censor bar. They have WEE WEES AND CHA-CHAS. And the ladies have JUBBLIES.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 08:28:09 pm »

Since the sarcasm of my last post may have been lost to interpretation I'll put it bluntly. The description for these guys sounded very similar to the Torpal, who from a larger more general perspective, aren't very original either.

ya think so? i suppose they remind me of my earlier concepts for the torpal, but not much else

On the surface, yep.

They are going to be a warrior humanoid race, have lots of black armor and spikes, and practically be a pirate/mercenary group.  Most likely cannibalistic and fly ships in various fleets because their home planet was destroyed.

Torpal are warriors, humanoid, and the pirate/mercenary thing could apply somewhat as well. Pirates, vikings, pretty similar. And I remembered the eating of the dead thing too, which is where the cannibalism comes in. Sounds pretty close to me.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:32 pm »
While the idea is old as spit, I really like the picture!
Oh, and:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3215.msg104054#msg104054

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 08:46:34 am »
Sounds vaguely familiar.
One of my minor creatures "the Draani" is like that, but they are aestheically differnent (insectoid for a start) just the behavior is similar.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 03:08:49 pm »
New Pictures! Promise a bio soon. Sorry Pics are kind of big.

A Matarissan Raider

A Matarissan "Butcher" *Pieces of flesh on his helmet.

A Dark Star Matarissan frigate. *Notice bodies being dragged.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:17:28 pm by tooma125 »
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 09:29:16 pm »
awesome! hehe the first guy's nice and slobbery  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 01:42:32 pm »
GENERAL INFO

Name: Matarissans

Average Height: 7'-8' (males), 7' (females)

Average Weight (Without Armor): 200 lbs

Average Weight (With Armor): 300 lbs

Carnivorous (Also Known to Eat the Young, Sick, or Lessers)

Lifespan: Up to 100 years

Reproduction: Matures by age 30; pregnant for 2 weeks; gives live birth to 1-3 offspring.

Body: Hairless, Tough, White, Scaly Skin. Rarely Seen without Its Armor (black and spiky). Poor hearing, Excellent eyesight.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 05:14:49 pm by tooma125 »

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 05:17:31 pm »
This is a history of the Matarissan. Comments and criticizm are greatly welcomed.

History

Early History:
   Originally, the Matarissans, did have a home planet, although it was centuries and centuries ago, and not in the data banks of any race. This home planet was aptly named Matarissar Prime. It was a large black dust planet similar to a black Mars. The Matarissans were not always the space pirates they are known for now, but they were once peaceful, and worked together in several clans in order to survive. These clans were very strong and sometimes clans would even join together in order to take down the giant Taribacks, large lizard-like creatures native to the planet. On occasion, after a successful hunting party, which often proved to be very treacherous, the clans would join together in order to increase their strength and numbers. Little did anybody know however, that this would eventually cause the demise of a unified Matarissan planet and race.

Dark Star Federation:
   One such occasion of said hunting parties would eventually form the Dark Star Federation. This group consisted of the Matarissan aristocracy and their allies who all joined together after taking down a record Tariback known as Blaide (weighing up to an astounding 5 tons). This was cause for celebration in that it was the largest Tariback ever observed and taken down. Soon after the buzz of this accomplishment went down, the clans involved set up a propaganda ring that urged other clans to join the newly formed “Dark Star Federation.” Very soon however, joining the Dark Star Federation or DSF became not only favorable, but a necessity. A federation leader emerged whose name is unknown, however he stated that the DSF would bring death upon anyone who was deemed a heretic. This leader’s enforcement of this newly enacted law was the harshest ever seen on Matarissar Prime, in that “heretics” would be torn apart while still alive, and placed on pikes surrounding the leader’s fortress. Known as Dark Thorns, these killing fields would inspire fear into any clan wishing to disobey. At this point in Matarissan history, things were looking very bad for many of the once strong and proud clans of Matarissans.

White Nova Rebellion:
   In response to the harsh regulations and punishment from the Dark Star Federation, a rebel splinter group was formed known as the White Nova Rebellion. Going so far as to set up a newly formed government, the WNR stated that they would fight the DSF in all of its forms and return the civilization to its once peaceful roots. During this time, weapons had evolved from the common slashing and piercing weapons to pressurized gas bolters and laser weapons that were often seen as a sidearm for both sides. One common problem for the WNR however, was that they were forced to make their homes in the tall mountain ranges of Matarissar Prime as opposed to the DSF who could roam freely. The very brave WNR fighters would go so far as to paint their crude armor white, which was in great contrast to the black dirt of Matarissar Prime. The WNR would often attempt to save prisoners of the DSF and add them to the ranks of the freedom fighters. Although beginning with very humble roots, the WNR soon was forced into a full scale Matarissan Civil War.

Matarissan Prime Civil War:
   The Matarissan Civil War was one of the bloodiest conflicts known to many races including the Matarissans. Battle raged across the planet, which was very destructive, but the most bloodshed occurred when the Matarissans gained the knowledge of space travel. Space travel coincided with space warfare, and soon crude frigates littered the skies of Matarissar Prime. Orbital bombings would decimate forces on both sides, and open warfare waged throughout the Matarissar system. The WNR often found itself having to pick up and leave because there were often DSF spies who would infiltrate the ranks. Warfare during the battle was very straightforward, in that giant trenches would run for miles and miles and if one side was lucky, they would take over that line only to be faced with another. Due to the Matarissan battlefields, a new weapon was made by the DSF. This weapon was called the Wraith Ion Cannon. The cannon would bombard the planet so much that magma would rise to the devastated crust. After almost a century of fighting, the Matarissan surface was reduced to an inhabitable field of magma where no life could be sustained. Because of this state of affairs, both side at a draw and unable to conquer one another, a treaty was drafted in order to stop the war. This forced the removal of all Matarissans off Matarissar Prime because the planet had become instable. In order to bring their livelihood along, giant frigates were created and left over battle cruisers were utilized in order transport the Matarissan race throughout the galaxy.

Matarissan As Pirates & Mercenaries
   After the Civil War, the Matarissans still maintained the concept of clans, which instead of villages had now become massive fleets of cruisers and frigates. The Matarissans often made their warships entirely out of a black steel substance which made the ships almost impossible to detect on sensors. Due to these two things, pirates and mercenaries became the occupation of choice for the Matarissans. Matarissans would often drift along next to trade ships and convoys and then in true guerilla fashion, open fire on the larger vessels with precision attacks. They would soon become disabled and vulnerable to boarding craft from the Matarissans. The Matarissans would send ships with drills in the front at very high velocities. After puncturing the ship’s hull and making a seal, the front would open up and spill out up to 30 fully armed Matarissans in the area. Because of this Matarissans can sometimes be seen traveling with ships from other races, modified with their own evil designs. A favored “decoration” for the Matarissans is to tie the live enemy to large chains and drift them behind their ships in the vacuum of space. Boarding parties often consist of 5 boarding ships with 120 or so pirates armed to the teeth. The bridge of the ship is often a target for boarding ships as well as the engine controls. Occasionally, although rare, a boarding ship will be packed with explosives and sent at outrageous speeds to smash into the middle of the enemy ship and explode; often proving to be one-hit kills. Due to this unfavorable occupation, many races see the Matarissans as bloodthirsty barbarians with no rules of battle.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature- The Matarissans
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 08:18:58 pm »
fields of impaled bodies and a homemade lava planet...nice. ;D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 10:12:56 pm »
Sounds like they have a rough belief in voodooism, (I'm posting this before reading all their history, so don't blame me if i'm wrong). Maybe they could be gastropodic, and why they have so much armour is that, at birth and any great succeding, they get a scorch mark on their body, and its very digrassing to let them show unless doing some sort of "fight of honour" or the such man that could be tooken wrong

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 10:54:39 pm »
So what happened to the WNR of the civil war ended?  Did they just vanish amongst the ranks of the "evil" Matarissans?

In my opinion, that wouldn't happen; they'd still want to fight... Is there a possibility of a "good" race of Matarissans?

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 11:00:45 pm »
I think they all adopted this form, the WNR wore white to stand out from the DSF, when they entered piracy, they allied and painted them black to hide, why they hand there victims, I dont know, also, is this counted as double posting?

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 11:03:56 pm »
That doesn't make sense... Why would they have fought a civil war for centuries or so, just to give up in the end?

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:33 pm »
Cause they destroyed their home planet?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 12:04:16 pm »
So what happened to the WNR of the civil war ended?  Did they just vanish amongst the ranks of the "evil" Matarissans?

In my opinion, that wouldn't happen; they'd still want to fight... Is there a possibility of a "good" race of Matarissans?
I think they all adopted this form, the WNR wore white to stand out from the DSF, when they entered piracy, they allied and painted them black to hide, why they hand there victims, I dont know, also, is this counted as double posting?
That doesn't make sense... Why would they have fought a civil war for centuries or so, just to give up in the end?
Cause they destroyed their home planet?

To answer you guys...The WNR painted themselves white not so much to seperate themselves, but since their planet was dark and black, being white made them stand out easily from the land; thus painting the armor white was seen as an act of bravery. They ended the war when they realized that neither side would win, and that their planet was now inhabitable, giving them nowhere to live. So, they decided to unite simply to survive, and then in the name of killing others...
did i get that right tooma?

"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]