Author Topic: New Creature- The Matarissans  (Read 22265 times)

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
Re: New Creature- The Matarissans
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2006, 06:46:56 pm »
if only more people watched arrested development, things like this wouldn't happen  :-\
 :D

Thank you for being the only one to actually get that.  :D I know its been a while, but as soon as I have a good week to get my thoughts and drawings together I'll try to reamerge. Either that, or the Matarissans will lose all of their former glory and become a thread bottom feeder... :'(
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2006, 03:07:48 pm »
Hey guys! Long time no see, huh? Well I’ve come to the conclusion that school and the encompassing work is becoming too overbearing. I honestly don’t think that I will contribute to the Matarissan history or species for a very long time…if ever. If someone…*cough Operaghost cough* would like to take the species for their own, feel free. I think I’m honestly done…Feel free to look at my work on Deviantart. http://tooma125.deviantart.com/
I’m sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed the Matarissans, but after I finished work, school started and things started getting hectic. So this is basically my farewell to Gaming Steve and Spore Fiction. Thanks guys and gals. I appreciate all of the support for the small time the Matarissans were around. Some of you I’ll see in school, but to the rest, goodbye. Viddy Well, Droogs!  ;)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2006, 04:11:42 pm »
If someone…*cough Operaghost cough* would like to take the species for their own, feel free.

:o I'd be honored! ;D
speaking of that...I'm STILL meaning to do some fan-art of these guys...boy, I procrastinate  :D

I’m sorry to anyone who actually enjoyed the Matarissans,

all 4 of us  :P

So this is basically my farewell to Gaming Steve and Spore Fiction. Thanks guys and gals. I appreciate all of the support for the small time the Matarissans were around. Some of you I’ll see in school, but to the rest, goodbye. Viddy Well, Droogs!  ;)

aww bye
well, see you in school...once every six weeks  ::) :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2006, 04:49:28 pm »
Do me proud, Operaghost. I know you can really do a good job with the Matarissans.  ;) Hey who knows, I may poke my head in every now and then to check up on those silly little pirates!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2007, 09:43:24 am »
attention! the matarissans are back, baby!

As their honorary caretaker, I've decided to finally bring those lovable space pirates back from the grave (my recent art streak may have had something to do with it...)! To celebrate their return, I've done an all-new picture (partially inspired by an idea by their original creator.
I present to you, the matarissan organ-bomber!

One of the matarissan's most inventive weapons came in the form of the organ bomber, similar in function to early grendaiers. A musical instrument, very similar to the pipe organ, was retrofitted to fire explosives (originally grenade-type devices, and later artillery and more powerful missiles). Depending on what music the organist plays, he can control how many grenades are fired, as well as which targets are aimed at. Pulled into battle by taribacks, the enemy would be devastated by the introduction of maddening music followed by a volley of explosives.

As far as the tariback in the picture goes, I'm still in the process of working on a 'final' updated design, so it'll probably further changes (I think I'll change its color too). Plus, I forgot the light on their heads. So yeah, that's a work in progress...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2007, 03:38:17 am »
I have to say, they have grown on me, I love the look and feel, very indie and unique, the kind you expect in a cool indie comic.

The back story and fluff is also very good, what you lack in uber artz skills you more then make up in imagination.  :)

My only gripe is they look basically like space goblins, but who knows, maybe you can turn that to your advantage, people are so obsessed with alien looking aliens nobody ever figures that hey, perhaps some species somewhere will just by chance evolve a humanoid form.

Keep the good stuffz commin'.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2007, 04:34:56 am »
I have to agree, Opera is very creative. And believe it or not opera has actually improved his art skills a lot since his 1st sketches of the Torpal. He has drawn a lot in this forum and one thing that sets him apart is his imagination. I mean I am the anti-dragon and humanoid Nazi and he has even convinced me that a humanoid looking creature like the Torpal can be both entertaining and unique. In short opera should be proud of the Torpals and his positive impact on the spore community.

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2007, 07:46:53 am »
True, he does great work, really enjoy looking at it.

(Hopes his dark dark dragon secret doesn't get out).

If these Matarissans had some kinda cartoon show like futurama or the simpsons on at night, I would become a regular viewer, I can just see they would be entertaining!.  :D

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2007, 03:02:21 pm »
I have to agree, Opera is very creative. And believe it or not opera has actually improved his art skills a lot since his 1st sketches of the Torpal. He has drawn a lot in this forum and one thing that sets him apart is his imagination. I mean I am the anti-dragon and humanoid Nazi and he has even convinced me that a humanoid looking creature like the Torpal can be both entertaining and unique. In short opera should be proud of the Torpals and his positive impact on the spore community.
True, he does great work, really enjoy looking at it.

awww, thanks you guys! *feels warm and fuzzy on the inside*  ;D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2007, 03:07:31 pm »
I also like Opera. I think he is the grapest guy I know.

*awaits Opera's love and admiration*
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2007, 05:04:18 pm »
On a forsaken desert planet, somewhere in the outer rim, a war has begun. A Warrior's Alliance - made up of torpal, anubian, and serlan forces and supported by wexxians - has gathered to stem the tide of communicant forces attempting to dominate the galaxy. A passing matarissan fleet has noticed the confrontation, and jumped into the fray for fun.

yeah, i drew this just for the heck of it...  :)

to see it full size go here
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]