Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 4953 times)

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
2 questions
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:28 am »
Hey i just want to know tow things

1. will you be able to stay as a underwater creature all the way through and build underwater cities?

2. And most importantly when is Spore coming out?

Now its just a waiting game until next year

werechicken

Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:31 am »
first of all these have been answered elsewhere, please use the search button in future and delete this
second yes, and around march 2007 happy?

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:32:31 am »
i wish you could just answer honest questions without being a jerk about it.  Its a forum, a discussion...  surely you've had the same discussion more than with a friend before?

It just adds a negative vibe to the forums, which is ironic because you're trying to noob proof everything for its negative effect.

At least you answered the question though.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline King-Dumb

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I spy with my little eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:33:54 am »
Hello and welcome to gaming Steve :)

Well here are your answers:

1) Well some say you can stay as a under water creature and build under water cities. But say it has been taken out, I say it is still in.

2) Probably early 2007.
It's only a matter of time before Sporepedia has a highpopulation than the Earth, and when that day comes, there will be much rejoicing.

werechicken

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:38:48 am »
i wish you could just answer honest questions without being a jerk about it.  Its a forum, a discussion...  surely you've had the same discussion more than with a friend before?

It just adds a negative vibe to the forums, which is ironic because you're trying to noob proof everything for its negative effect.

At least you answered the question though.
I'm not being a jerk, I was being curt, also It is very annoying when people make new threads without first checking to see if the questions been answered

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:44:19 am »
I agree with werechicken here. no matter what you do make a guide for the new ones or anything else they never seem to learn it gets mighty annoying with mutiple threads poping up all over the thread especially when they're such simple questions.

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:51:06 am »
The proper response would be to first address the question, then explain the search function. Most importantly, be kind.

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:53:28 am »
Mentioning the FAQ(sticked at the top of the forum page) would have also been helpful.

werechicken

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 11:00:02 am »
Good lord, I was being curt to discourage that sort of behavior, I suppose I was a bit too hard and yes maybe I should have posted the link to the FAQ section, but seeing as how it's right at the top and says FAQ I find it a bit redundant telling people about it.

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 11:08:19 am »
It's OK me ol' mucker, I've learnt you generally have to tell people everything, it's not that they're dumb or ignorant, it's just the way of the world. And no amount of being curt is going to change that. Especially since any new person, by the very definition of being new won't have seen you being curt and so will not be discouraged.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 11:46:07 am »
Hey i just want to know tow things

1. will you be able to stay as a underwater creature all the way through and build underwater cities?

2. And most importantly when is Spore coming out?

1. Maybe, most likely

2.  2007 my best guess, Q1.

3. Use the Search Function.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 12:00:00 pm »
3. Use the Search Function.
Ooh, I always like secret option three ;) :P

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 12:14:15 pm »
Let's not be so hard on werechicken. What happydan20 said about him (IMO) was much worse than what werechicken said to the newbie. If you're trying to discourage being curt, then why would you be so curt yourself? :)

Plus, I agree with werechicken for the most part. There are a couple sections at the top specifically for finding answers, and there's even one for miscellaneous questions. I know he's new and we should give him a chance to learn, but look around before you shoot off your questions.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 12:16:01 pm by 762 »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 12:15:20 pm »
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 12:18:50 pm »

its not that i think you were wrong, its just the way you (and a lot of people sadly) are going about it on this forum.

Imagine walking into a club, a place you assume people have the same interests as you.  Imagine asking a question and having a rule book slammed into your chest while "we talked about that already" is screamed into your face.

Does that sound like a good community, or does it sound isolated and hostile to outsiders?

I think in this case the search function would be most appropriate as they just wanted some answers, not so much of a discussion...  But still.  The atomsphere of this forum is really going sour.

Is that what we want?

I think theres a huge difference between saying someone is a jerk and saying they are acting like one.  It was rude of me to say though.  you're right about that.  I'm sorry if I offended.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.