Author Topic: Star Wars + Wii = Delicious (and hypothetical as of yet)  (Read 1186 times)

Offline KJSatz

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Star Wars + Wii = Delicious (and hypothetical as of yet)
« on: May 16, 2006, 06:36:36 pm »
I bet there's a thread on this, but I couldn't find it so hurrah!  A common idea across the net has been that there should be a Star Wars game with awesome light saberness (not like Red Steel).  Proof of concept, you ask?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00061I4CE/103-3625744-4565419?v=glance

Think of online play!  Think of it all!  Wouldn't it be fun?  I actually emailed LucasArts (I hope I don't annoy them) today:

=========================
Dear Sir:

I am a "gamer," as we have become known, and I am very interested in Nintendo's upcoming system. I plan on purchasing one this winter, as a matter of fact. Across the Internet, as I'm sure you're aware, there has been an outcry for a Star Wars-based Wii game. The idea, it seems, would be to use the "Wiimote" controller as a light saber handle in a first-person game, similar to this Hasbro product (I suppose, having never used this Hasbro product):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...565419?v=glance

The potential support for multiplayer on the Wii is also very interesting to me (as well as many members of the online community). I am aware that, based on your lack of confirmation of a Wii title at E3, you probably can't confirm anything in this email. I just wanted you to know my interest in such a product (and, of course, the interest of many others, if you weren't aware). Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
############
=========================

What do you guys think?  Wouldn't that rock?

Offline WiiForever

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars + Wii = Delicious (and hypothetical as of yet)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 06:40:49 pm »
That analog stick addition has motion sensors too, right? Well then I'd like to actually use the force! Imagine pushing stuff with your actual hands. And choking. Oh yeah. Ultimate coolness.