Author Topic: New Species - The Eodu  (Read 11988 times)

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: New Species - The Eodu
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:07:39 am »
First Post Updated.
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

Offline DarkCrawler

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 06:46:00 am »
This is really nice species.  ;D

If you think your life is hard....you haven't met Kharazeans.
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4589.0

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 09:06:24 am »
Nice idea with the colour coded relationships......might have to steal that! Full credit to you, of course ;).

An Auyuelcliad Ship approaches the edge of Eodu controlled space. Murandieran Pride is an all-purpose frigate.

///Greetings! I am Jhiqui of House Heltexeni, Governer of Jarek Topai, Advisor to The Three, Head of House Heltexeni and Diplomat. It is an honour to visit your system.I am here to dicuss a treaty. The treaty will allow official trade between our races, the mutual spreading of religions, cultural exchanges ,an Inivitation to O.T.H.E.R, and will hopefully cement friendship between our races. May I enter Eodu space to enter negotiations?///
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 10:42:17 am »
Nice idea with the colour coded relationships......might have to steal that! Full credit to you, of course ;).

An Auyuelcliad Ship approaches the edge of Eodu controlled space. Murandieran Pride is an all-purpose frigate.

///Greetings! I am Jhiqui of House Heltexeni, Governer of Jarek Topai, Advisor to The Three, Head of House Heltexeni and Diplomat. It is an honour to visit your system.I am here to dicuss a treaty. The treaty will allow official trade between our races, the mutual spreading of religions, cultural exchanges ,an Inivitation to O.T.H.E.R, and will hopefully cement friendship between our races. May I enter Eodu space to enter negotiations?///

//We are happy to conduct negotiations, in a suitably neutral territory. We are naturally wary of any alien ship within our space, please do not take this as an attempted insult against your species. Your ship should remain where it is, a Eodian vessel is being dispatched to rendezvous with you.

The premises of the treaty as you have outlined them seem agreeable. We must notify you however, that the Eodu are naturally a very philosophical people and may have harsh and testing questions regarding the veracity and logical consistency of your religion. Again, this is not meant as an insult, it is merely the way the Eodu are as a populace.

We look forward to the beginning of talks.//

The Eodu trading vessel 'Loci in a Four Dimensional Prism' heads out to meet the Auyuelcliads.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 10:59:06 am »

Me too. Stealing isnt wrong anymore!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 03:51:23 pm »
A bloodshot ship lands on the planet. It remains on a a little area in the forests as it telepathically sends this message to every living being on the planet:
"Greet your new masters. Any resistance will lead to the assimilation of your entire race. Our wishes have to be complied. The Zrithig, Organic Calculus, is your new God."
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 04:15:46 pm »
A bloodshot ship lands on the planet. It remains on a a little area in the forests as it telepathically sends this message to every living being on the planet:
"Greet your new masters. Any resistance will lead to the assimilation of your entire race. Our wishes have to be complied. The Zrithig, Organic Calculus, is your new God."

Not really possible, considering that it wouldn't have been able to pass through the fleet of battleships, the orbital mines, plus what shield technology was traded with the XX. At least without being spotted.

I liked the idea of your sepcies, but its a bit much for them to just park on the Eodu's planet without resistance and take over.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 04:36:26 pm »

Not really possible, considering that it wouldn't have been able to pass through the fleet of battleships, the orbital mines, plus what shield technology was traded with the XX. At least without being spotted.

I liked the idea of your sepcies, but its a bit much for them to just park on the Eodu's planet without resistance and take over.

OOC: My race is highly arrogant, they believe to be the masters of the universe, not a surprise looking from whom they derived. The bloodshot ship is organic and hard to detect on most radars, if you really dont want them to land i can delete it, i didnt mean to destroy your race immediatly anyways, just good rp,
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 04:16:56 am »
OOC: My race is highly arrogant, they believe to be the masters of the universe, not a surprise looking from whom they derived. The bloodshot ship is organic and hard to detect on most radars, if you really dont want them to land i can delete it, i didnt mean to destroy your race immediatly anyways, just good rp,

OOC: I don't mind RPing the presence of your species in my star system, but the Eodu's defences are all orbital and planetary. If a race could just sneak down then they are effectively finished.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 04:20:05 am »
///The Auyuelcliads are honoured- feel free to ask whatever you want about Dhulam. Knowledge is precious.

The Treaty:

We propose a Mutual Defence pact- in the event of war, our races shall help you(Unless one of oru allies invades- then we shall try and create peace as we are accomplished diplomats), in return for the privealge.

We send an invitation to join The O.T.H.E.R Alliance, greatest alliance in the galaxy.

We request the privelage to send Missionaries to your systems to spread teh word fo Dhulam.

We propose several trade agrements, to bring riches to our people.
///
As a token of our good intentions, we present you with a gift of several Parens (a measurement of weight) of Mounlonese Spices.
///
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:37:34 am by Balthamael »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 10:46:03 am »
After a series of talks the final statement is produced.

//We accept all the terms of this treaty, some with caveats and others still requiring ratification.

In the case of the missionaries they will be given a conclave in orbit. We have a large monastery (ship classification) of another philosophical conclave that is no longer in use. It is a non-functional wreck at the moment, but we will make it operational for your use. Only those Eodu who chose to engage with your faith will have to. Do not fear that this will disrupt your mission, there will be many who come to question and debate, but we feel that only few will convert, as the Eodu are not a highly spiritual culture.

As to O.T.H.E.R., the High Elder's Council will have to read the rules carefully in meeting, but we have been given the authority to tell you that the answer is most likely yes.

'You are not my enemy, Ergo you are my friend.'

Eodian Philosophical Proverb.//

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 10:53:39 am »
////The Eodu are Wise and Honorourable. We will happily lend engineers to rebuild the Wreck, and are glad of this beneficial end to negotiations.

We would also like to discover more of Eodu philosophy, Dhulam is a modern religion that is ..."Evoloving", shall we say?

Post in the O.T.H.E.R thread when you have decided.

///

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 12:49:40 pm »
At the moment, I'm really busy...  But I promise to read your creature's history soon.  I just read the first bit of it, where the relations are(The colors intrigued me).  It says that
The Eodu dislike the ViS practice of liquidating elders and disapprove of their restrictive use of logic.
.  Yet, ironically, your whole post is organized in such a logical manner that it's blissfully nearperfect! And, the later proverb they use pokes at Logic:
'You are not my enemy, ergo you are my friend.'
.  Thought it was funny, no disrespect or meanness intended, I promise!  ;)

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 12:52:11 pm »
The Eodu like logic, they just don't like to be restricted by it. They are like the greek philosophers in that they are free thinkers.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 09:16:36 am »

A Eodian philosophy craft drifting in a nearby star system. An example of the Eodian style of ship building.  :)

The propulsion comes from bright blue oval shaped 'energy patches' (Eodian technology... I can't come up with the pseudoscience to describe it  :P), which cover the undersides of the ship, where the sections of hull overlap (propulsion not visible in this picture).

If anyone wants to have a go at a better picture of one, feel free.  :)