Author Topic: The Proto-Chicken!(Revamped)  (Read 6830 times)

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
The Proto-Chicken!(Revamped)
« on: May 16, 2006, 02:42:27 pm »
The Proto-chicken

I first created this creature last year and it didn't seem so fancy. I returned to the forum just recently(I take breaks every few months so as not to drown in anticipation) and decided to give the CE 3.0 a shot. I came up with this which I decided looked much better as a Proto-chicken.

Proto-chicken(Proto=abeviated, Protii=plural abreviated)

Temperment
: A seemingly docile, but viciously predatorial creature, the Proto-Chicken works in teams and lets out a sub-audial signals to other Protii. They are intelligent knowledge-seekers and excellent strategists, however they can be very narcisistic. They are loyal and honorable allies, but malicious and vehement enemies. Proto-Chickens are not soul-less beings focused on nothing
but the incessant augmentation of their knowledge; They also have a rich culture and traditions. They care for their young and raise them to be independent at an early age, stressing education. Protii are very social forming tightly bound communities and sharing resources amongst each other to help each other another reach a common goal.

Diet: Omnivorous but their diet is predominantly carnivorous. They are extremely witty and good problem solvers and team up to take down their prey using coordinated attacks signaled by sub-audial sounds. They also store fat in their tails thus allowing them to go several days without eating.

Environment: Proto-chickens live on the planet of Protanica in the Nox system. The surface is covered in an archipelago with small channels of water separating each island. It is a temperate planet with a similar biosphere to that of Earth with biomes ranging from arctic tundras, to dense forests, to blazing deserts(NOTE: I'll try and make the planet or the solar system in Photoshop or something)

Religion: Technically, Proto-chickens believe that any acknowledgement for a higher being that controls the universe is illogical and primitive. But Protii believe that the fabric of the universe of laced with conciousness and worship the universe herself almost as their god. They do not 'pray' per se, but they respect the universe and build monuments in acknowledgement of her existence. Proto-chickens are tolerant, however, of those they consider 'lesser beings' who insist that some sort of god created the universe and rules over fate.

History: Proto-chickens' history of the universe is split up into 3 periods; The Sub-concious, The Wakening, and the Pulse (Respectively abreviated as SC, WK, and P)

The Sub-Concious
It was during this period that the universe formed and debris began to arrange itself into planets and solar systems. It is referred to as "The Sub-Concious" because the universe is believed to have been not quite functional and thinking, thus its 'sub-concious' took over.

The Wakening
The universe was near completion, life began forming, and thought processes started. This period also includes the Proto-chicken creature and tribal phase.

The Pulse
The Pulse is commonly agreed upon by all Proto-chickens as the completion of the universe. Complex Proto-chicken cultures and metropolisis arised and along with them came the one and only civil war in Proto-chicken history. Two cities were arguing over the posession of foreign archaebacteria recently extracted from a small meteor. One city claimed the meteor crashed within their borders and the other City insisted that they had seen it first. Eventually, the other nations were dragged into the conflict and a bloody but short war ensued. Proto-chickens developed horrific and remorseless war machines: Lasers which destroyed Mitochondria; Matter Replication weaponry, weapons that would basically disassemble a person or thing and throw its atoms across the Multiverse; Geosynchronous Satelites used to focus the sun's light on a specific place. Eventually, due to massive losses from everyone, a treaty was written up joining all nations of Protanica.

That's all I got so far. Lemme know what you think!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:54:39 am by Tark »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Behold! The Proto-Chicken!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 02:44:29 pm »
So did these guys come before, or after, the Egg?
Not a winner anymore.

werechicken

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 02:45:35 pm »
So did these guys come before, or after, the Egg?
and that's when I killed him your honour

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 02:45:46 pm »
I knew that was coming  >:(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:47:06 pm »
I cant see the picture  :'(

Could you maybe rehost it in something other than imageshack... it seems to be playing up at the moment.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 02:48:40 pm »
strange...where else can I host it?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:49:34 pm »
Ive been using http://www.imgcity.net/ recently... might want to turn your pop-up blockers on though.

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:53:45 pm »
roger that.

EDIT: Ok, it should work now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:02:46 pm by Tark »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 03:13:11 pm »
Oh... a bit of an anti-climax there  ;)

But still pretty good as far as culture and so forth is concerned

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 03:16:01 pm »
thanks, thanks

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 03:42:37 pm »
Looks like it could be  a pet of the ViS due to its simplistic body.

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 03:47:14 pm »
A pet? Never!

If the ViS ever attempted such an act the Protochickens would kill 'em........and eat 'em.......

They'd be allies, however...somebody's gotta do that paperwork!