Author Topic: New Creature : The Tiki  (Read 18799 times)

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
  • The Hira-Bira Cometh...
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature : The Tiki
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 12:20:06 pm »

*The Tiki land on Delta Augris 4, homeworld of the xx*

//We are the Tiki, we come in peace, with paint, and are interested in your oceans!//

Nurizeko

"What the hell is this? your TV is broken..."
<light being> "*droooool* jesus look at those tones"

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 12:30:27 pm »
yeh right :D
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 02:51:20 pm »
*The Tiki walk around freely without equipment on the surface, most likely puzzling most races, they then don scubba-gear and dive into the ocean, water proof paint and pencils at hand.*

*After several days of work, a semi-famous Tiki Artist by the name of Rewel produces the first piece of xx Art.*

Glint of Genius
By Rewel

*The Tiki continue to draw and ask about the xx, they are very interested in their culture.*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:54:38 pm by Neonlare »
Nurizeko

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 03:05:17 pm »
Very nice painting... for a Racist  ;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 06:44:49 pm »
 such a funny topic lol, Krakow don't be so offencive, the tiki's are nice remeber they could of nuked you but they didin't you should be happy as for the tiki thy should join with the vis they may help you, they have genetic altering thing that can change you from one thing to another, I you don't like have one leg, be freinds with them and ask for this benifit, them being boring is them being uniqe cuase no one else can be so borring and entertaining, the sluugde well... i can't blame you for hating them.

Also by the way you use the nukes is it like a human nukes or is thier somthing special, you can modify it with science to make it more harmful to your enemies and less harmful to the enviorment.

edit: Also maybe in the future the Anubians can be friends with the tiki, they seem...helpful
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:48:46 pm by a13gt »
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 10:36:44 am »
xx culture at large are fascinated by the Tiki, the first alien race to appear actually on their homeworld and not on their orbital station, walking and swimming around. They show a paticular interest in the Tiki's resistance to radiation, especially the surface radiation which would have killed most other species within hours. The senate however, being currently occupied with the Alliance of Free Will debate, cannot address the formalities of granting Tiki surface land to build on. However, kzzhXssXhshk, the overseer of an xx city quite close to land and a senate member, allows the Tiki on the sly to build nearby, saying he will assume responsibility when the senate is freed to address the Tiki properly.

xx laborers find the Tiki interesting, but over-energetic and difficult to keep up with. xx scientists can't seem to get enough of the Tiki, asking them lots of questions about their biology, especially the radiation resistance. All xx however, have made one thing clear - the blockaded planets in the system are totally off-limits to absolutley everyone, xx and Tiki included. Fear is in their eyes when they speak of it, which they do not do for long.

The Tiki themselves are interested in the xx, and ask just as many questions. They are very interested in the Blockade Planets, but do not wish to upset their hosts.

Another Tiki fleet heads off into Torpal space at this current time.
Nurizeko

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 01:20:58 pm »
*A craft bearing the definitive purple 'marbled' patina of a Eodian ship jumps into orbit near the Tiki homeworld, but still at a safe and cautious distance. A transmission is sent*

//Transmission Begins//

//Encoded: Channel 45490983101928//

//Translator Board: Active Subroutine 78746217.chk//

//Message Begins//

Greetings, Tiki. This is the Eodian trading vessel 'Cubed Numbers in a Triangular Plane.' //Nearest translation given. Message returns// We have been assigned the task of offering friendship to your species by the council of the High Elders. We are intrigued by the concept of 'realist' art. All of our art has roots in abstract, mathematical and geometrical concepts. We are willing to exchange some high-valued examples of our art, which your artists can study in return for a discussion of the main concepts of realist art, the difference between images and reality and the perception of this thing called 'colour'. We appreciate that other species are not as philosophical as we, and so are willing to tone down some of our abstract language to facillitate discussion.

We would appreciate if you did not fire weaponry at us. We do not like it.

We look forward to your response.

'You are not my enemy, Ergo you are my friend.'

Eodian Philosophical Proverb 

//Message ends//

//Translator Boards Reset//

//Encoding: Neutral//

//Transmission Ends//
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 02:21:24 pm »
*A craft bearing the definitive purple 'marbled' patina of a Eodian ship jumps into orbit near the Tiki homeworld, but still at a safe and cautious distance. A transmission is sent*

//Transmission Begins//

//Encoded: Channel 45490983101928//

//Translator Board: Active Subroutine 78746217.chk//

//Message Begins//

Greetings, Tiki. This is the Eodian trading vessel 'Cubed Numbers in a Triangular Plane.' //Nearest translation given. Message returns// We have been assigned the task of offering friendship to your species by the council of the High Elders. We are intrigued by the concept of 'realist' art. All of our art has roots in abstract, mathematical and geometrical concepts. We are willing to exchange some high-valued examples of our art, which your artists can study in return for a discussion of the main concepts of realist art, the difference between images and reality and the perception of this thing called 'colour'. We appreciate that other species are not as philosophical as we, and so are willing to tone down some of our abstract language to facillitate discussion.

We would appreciate if you did not fire weaponry at us. We do not like it.

We look forward to your response.

'You are not my enemy, Ergo you are my friend.'

Eodian Philosophical Proverb 

//Message ends//

//Translator Boards Reset//

//Encoding: Neutral//

//Transmission Ends//

//Greetings fellow Artists and Thinkers! We would be more than glad to offer an art exchange, please, send us some of your finest samples!

I told you not to touch that Goo! Christ we're gonna need a paramedic now...

Well at least we'll have some new art-work soon. Oooh, alien Art! How I tingle with such excitement, my Spore Bags' asploding!
//
Nurizeko

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2006, 02:34:40 pm »
Upon recieving positve feedback, a first-contact meeting was organised in a biologically safe area of the planet. The captain of the vessel presented the first piece of what was to be a large art exchange over a long period of time.

It was a turquoise monolith, cut into very peculiar and angular shapes. There were eight 'sides' to it (not including the top), but those sides were divided into many many smaller faces cut into the rock at varying angles, giving it a fractured, almost crystalline shape. Each one of the faces had been engraved, each one with a different geometric 'theme'. For example, one explored the nature and interrelationships of eight-sided spirals held within interlocked diamonds. Another design showed tesselated squares, each one holding two interlocked octagons.

The description of the piece would sound boring to many races, but when seen in reality, the effect was breathtaking.

Upon discovering that the Tiki enjoyed free thought and art, the Eodu found the Tiki very likable and many struck up friendships with individual Tiki, using the miniature translator boards that hung around their waists.

The information about the sucessful first contact was transmitted back to Reedu, the Eodian homeworld.   
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:37:38 pm by Havoc »

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2006, 03:01:13 pm »
Upon recieving positve feedback, a first-contact meeting was organised in a biologically safe area of the planet. The captain of the vessel presented the first piece of what was to be a large art exchange over a long period of time.

It was a turquoise monolith, cut into very peculiar and angular shapes. There were eight 'sides' to it (not including the top), but those sides were divided into many many smaller faces cut into the rock at varying angles, giving it a fractured, almost crystalline shape. Each one of the faces had been engraved, each one with a different geometric 'theme'. For example, one explored the nature and interrelationships of eight-sided spirals held within interlocked diamonds. Another design showed tesselated squares, each one holding two interlocked octagons.

The description of the piece would sound boring to many races, but when seen in reality, the effect was breathtaking.

Upon discovering that the Tiki enjoyed free thought and art, the Eodu found the Tiki very likable and many struck up friendships with individual Tiki, using the miniature translator boards that hung around their waists.

The information about the sucessful first contact was transmitted back to Reedu, the Eodian homeworld.   

The Tiki, exhalted at the prospect, carefuly examine the artwork, they are amazed at the incredible craftmanship, but it will take some time before they formulate theories on the inner emotions of it.

In return, the Tiki hand the Eodu an artists impression of the Wexxian.

Wexxian
By Fergo

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:10:08 am by Neonlare »
Nurizeko

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 03:06:45 pm »
The Eodu gratefully accept the piece, and almost immediately begin debating and discussing it. They can see it is a realistic representation of the a Wexxian (whom they have contact with), but at the same time, it is not merely a schematic image. There is something there that takes the image beyond mere scientific drawing. This clearly excites them greatly.

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 03:11:56 pm »
The Eodu gratefully accept the piece, and almost immediately begin debating and discussing it. They can see it is a realistic representation of the a Wexxian (whom they have contact with), but at the same time, it is not merely a schematic image. There is something there that takes the image beyond mere scientific drawing. This clearly excites them greatly.

The Tiki begin drawing the Eodu, as a token of friendship.

(It would help if I had a picture of an Eodu, even if it was basic, as the description is hard to draw by >_<)
Nurizeko

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 03:38:30 pm »
Wexxian
By Fergo

:o :o :o

Ahh that is a most delicious drawing you got there mate. :D  REAL NICE  would you mind if I use It as my avetear?    ;)

PS. If you ever decide to make another drawing of a Wexxian I would love to see how you think a customary shell would look like!  :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 03:57:24 pm »
Wexxian
By Fergo

:o :o :o

Ahh that is a most delicious drawing you got there mate. :D  REAL NICE  would you mind if I use It as my avetear?    ;)

PS. If you ever decide to make another drawing of a Wexxian I would love to see how you think a customary shell would look like!  :)

LOL I love the colors on the side! They are really AI hippies!

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2006, 04:13:39 pm »

Here's my awful drawing of a Eodian.

Left, A head-on view showing the facial features and the arms as detail (The hands are meant to have three long and flexible digits that come together like a flower, and the mandibles are meant to be a complex group of lesser mandibles between the 'tusks')

Right, not a detail drawing, but a bird's-eye view schematic showing proportions and arrangement.

Obviously they are physically more complex than this, but it gives you the idea. The shell casing should be bigger from the front-on view. Modern Eodians also wear clothing on the torso, but I don't know what it'd be. Mabye a cloth shawl like a toga? They are philosophers after all. :P

I'll delete this post when no longer required.  :)

Nice, I started off before you posted this and nearly finsihed it by then, looks almost exactly the same :).

//Greetings Friend Eodu! We have completed our Masterpiece, eeer, for this moment of time that is!//

Friend

By Rewel

Also, you can use the Wexxian for anything you want, if you want, I could do other drawings, and yeah, thoose colours do make it look hippy, it's based off of the Chaos Theory Program and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Enjoy! :).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 03:11:42 am by Neonlare »
Nurizeko