Author Topic: New Creature : The Tiki  (Read 15751 times)

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
  • The Hira-Bira Cometh...
    • View Profile
New Creature : The Tiki
« on: May 16, 2006, 02:21:39 pm »
INTRO

Welcome to Ridili, moon to the second closest planet to the green giant star Dios.

The wildlife here is varied, with it's temperate climate, nice easterly breezes and long afternoons.

Just be thankful you wasn't a Tiki.

INFORMATION

One of the most unique traits of them is their "Triple-Jointed Thumb" which means their thumb can move all the way across the palm, theoreticaly changing the configuration from left handed to right.

The Tiki are the only sentient lifeforms on this planet, they have a varied, if semi-tragic history, only explainable by none other, but a Tiki.

HISTORY

In the begining, we crawled out of the Lava Pools. Sometimes we wish we had stayed there, as the enviroment grew ever so hostile.

We Tiki were unfortunate, unlucky, and annoyed, because of our structure. We aren't the fastest, we only have two arms and when we are using them to fight off monsters we can only hop with our only leg. We don't eat other animals, as we get our energy directly from the sunlight, in a sense, we are a semi-plant-animal mess. Life is cruel. Very cruel, and takes a certain pleasure out of this.

We were also unlucky, because we were the main diet of 120 different species of predators, we were like a hot meal on legs, or rather hands.

Lets jump something like 30 years ahead, and we are in a pack of ancient Tiki where the alpha males are. Here's how the conversation goes.

"I hear that Bobos tried getting at you again."
"Yeah, I'm sick of this, we're alpha males, yet we can't do anything. All we can do is think."
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
*Chomp Chomp*
"That's it, I'm tired of this, from now on, we're sapient, got that?"
"Yeah!"
"Yeah!"
*Whimper*
(Beast runs off, snapping a Roo-Bamboo branch in half and leaving the half ravaged Tiki, it's Carpace is cracked)
"Wow, this branch is sharp, we could use this."
*sob*"Poor Byr, your soul shall live on in all of us..."
"Quick, fetch his Carpace over!"
(Holds Spear and Carpace)

"Now this works!"
*Nyyyrgh!*
(The Roo-Bamboo Spear hurls through the air, and pierces into the hide of a Kiu, a predator of the Tiki, killing it)

From here on, the Tiki were always experimenting. They discovered Gravity after a week, or "Ouch" in their language by throwing the spear and watching it land in the back of a fellow being. Fire was next, and discovered by knocking flint together in the ancient sport known as "Funderling" which involved knocking something together the longest out of everyone else.

Then they had to keep count of the amount of spears they had, and corpses thrown off the nearby cliffs, so "Maths" was invented.

Now they had to remember all of this. Little symbols were carved down, and so they invented "Writing."[/i]

Now, the major defence is offence. You want to make sure that the Monster you've fought with doesn't come hurrying back with a group whilst your still tending to your bruises, so the Tiki began using Iron in weapons, and not just for storing spores (their way of reproduction, in a sense, they had sperm banks before they hit the medieval ages).

Now lets skip far into the future, father still. There are buildings now, solar powered ones, and now Tiki walk around free from much harm.

Then came the meteor, it crash landed into the planet, it glowed for a while, but no one really noticed it.

But they did notice that the local wildlife was dying out, the rivers looked clogged up with rubbish and the plants were decaying.

To be perfectly honest, they didn't see what all the fuss was about.

But by a fluke of luck, the Tiki discovered that they were highly resistant to radioactive materials, and in theory could walk into a nuclear plant and bath in the core, then walk out as merry as it went in.

Boy did they know how to use this to their advantage.

The verdict was unanimous, they nuked themselves, rendering their towns immune to much of the natural predators on the planet. This had a major affect on the wildlife, making much of the predatory animals evolve into cute, furry herbivores, now they couldn't stand Tiki meat, or they might melt.

The Tiki now use "Fall-Out" Cannons as weapons. They are unified and they see no need for civil wars, but they know that any alien who comes in guns-blazing had better not use nukes, otherwise they'll be laughed out of the solar system.

PERSONALITY

The Tiki are, ecentric to certain extent. They are always tinkering with things, drawing doodles, and like it when they can get something working. They like life complicated yet rewarding.

A majority of them become Inventors, Designers. Artists and Cartoon Illustrators. A very famous, forum based Cartoon : "Spore as we know it" will be secretly hitting some Human Forums in the near future.

RELATIONS WITH ALIENS

Unfortunately, due to their nature, they hate the ViS. If it wasn't for their easy-going vibe, they would have nuked them by now.

The major reason for this is the fact that they are boring, and the whole K.I.S.S. Idea is a false lie to them.

Their tyranical leader, a super computer, is one of the single most advanced, complicated contraptions on the ugly mug of their planet! If you asked it to make some toast it would do so, all 255 ways of doing it. Of course it won't though, it's blinded by the belief of the ViS, and will single handedly pick the most boring slice of toast you will ever see. Strike it with your fist and it might aswell burn it. It's more interesting that way.

Of course, this isn't all they say.

One must be understanding with some races. The ViS are not one of them. They strip-mine planets, they are dull, artless, and moronic. If they wanted to "Keep It Simple," they should have stayed in the Tide Pools where they came from, "Stupid!"

They also hate the Sluuge, suprisingly more-so than the ViS, because of their horrid nature.

The Tiki are currently hovering on the plans to nuke or not nuke these races, but this all depends on what happens.

Don't mention the Kazea, they love medling with them! They make these fake crop circle patterns sometimes, based off of Naucean designs which were authentic, and a famous Tiki artist, Kirl, worked on the concept art for a game which translated as "Journey to the Moon."

The Tiki are in a strong friendship bond with the Eodu.

They are in friendly conversations with xx and Wexxian, hoping to build a friendly alliance between each other.

Due to their friendly nature, they have explored deeper into space, and have asked the Torpal for an alliance, and have contacted the Anubian.

As you can tell, the Tiki like to intrude into other races as friendly as possible, so long as they don't get shot at.

RELIGION

Order of the Safe

One of the major religions of the Tiki, this religion is basic in construct, there are 5 rules.

1.) You shall not hurt anyone else, unless they try tasting you.

2.) An active mind and body leads to a longer life.

3.) Remain happy, no matter the outcome.

4.) Commit mass-suicide if and only if we get taken over by the ViS.

5.) Treat everyone equal, or atleast as if you were them.

Make sure you follow these commandments, because if you do, you will transcend into another plane, a safer, kinder one.

Don't, and you will face 100 years of tourment in hell, the gathering place of all predators.

PLANET INFORMATION

GEOGRAPHY

Note that the grey areas are Fall-Out zones.

The moon isn't that big, with enough effort you could wade through the shallow waters (the lighter colour of blue on the basic map) to reach the other continents within 2 months, and since it is a moon, it's very small compared to the Gas Giant it orbits. There are no deserts on the moon.

SOLAR SYSTEM

It's also not the only one, there are some other moons orbiting with it.

The Dios system is a strange one, the planets don't all orbit at the same angle, so their orbital paths crosses once in a while.

ENTERTAINMENT

The Tiki entertained themselves in a variety of ways, incorperating thinking and physical fitness in the process.

Gurfu

Gurfu was named after an ancient predator of the Tiki, and plays much like the popular Earth child's game It, but there are a substantial amount of rules in the game.

For one, the game takes place on climbing rigs, where players aren't allowed to climb off of to escape the person who is the "Gurfu."

Each player is wearing an electronic body piece with gloves. When the Gurfu slaps another player (for instance, across the back) then the gloves send a negative charge to the body piece and turns that player into the Gurfu. The suit takes 10 seconds to change to Gurfu, giving the other players a head start.

Winner is the person who has accumulated the most time not as Gurfu.

Lisco Entertainment Systems

Lisco Entertainment Systems (or L.E.S) were the first group on the homeworld of Tiki to develop a computer console for entertainment values. In terms of features it was miles ahead of the first generation entertainment systems earthlings had at the begining, it had an interface, analoug sticks, memory sticks (known as hard sticks) and it was portable. The L.E.S consoles were so well made that they are still up to date with consoles currently available.

The first L.E.S console was a huge success, selling well over 6 million copies in it's first two years, it was capable of displaying 24 bit graphics with vector buffering.

Magna Man was one of the first games released for the L.E.S system, and was a rampant success. It had multiple sequels and even had 3 movies made of the character. What made it such a success was that the main hero in the game actually rushed into battle and was much like the Earth Contra Series (although more furious), which was against the trend of most games at that time, which involved tactical thinking of trying to keep soldiers alive.

The L.E.S Mk 2 was (and still is) a powerhouse. It's processing power and it's design made it capable of displaying a huge 20 million polygons on it's screen at 80 Frames Per Second, it was also compatible with the previous L.E.S games.

The L.E.S company became so rich that they managed to buy an asteroid belt for themselves, and revamped it for the DADE (Digital Arts Display Exhibition) which was an intergalactic equivalent of E3.

MUSIC

Music, despite the Tiki's not having any ear lobes, was also a recreational past time. They could feel the vibrations in the air (an inherited trait from ancestors for survival) and they could see the tension in the air when sound was made (again a special trait from ancestrial periods, so they could tell what predator was near), as such they were able to enjoy the art form and experiment with it. The majority of Tikian instruments echo through the body, giving an awe of sensation as it pases through each bone (and fractures some in the process).

The Syli is almost like a flute mixed with an acordian and then with the added strength of a trumpet, normally used for epic scenes (an exodus from a town in a valley somewhere in medieval Tikian times from animals, or just the animals themselves) or for some passionate scenes (an exodus from a town in a valley somewhere in medieval Tikian times from animals, only to find out that the animals are cute and cudly.)

SHIPS

The Tikian Grenadier is the main ship used in the Tikian defensive forces. It boasts 2 dual way cannons which fire in two opposite directions and two thrusters, which can change the direction the ship is heading almost instantly. With the aid of the periscope on top the Tikians can keep track of the battle they're in.

CHARITY

Charity plays a major part in Tikian culture, raising funds for stricken people or aiding thoose with disabilities or personal lose comes natural to the Tikians. They care for their elderly (the average time a Tikian lives is something close to 150 earth years) and as such is another reason why they dislike the ViS. The ViS would dispose of any "unfit" subject, whereas the Tikians try to help them through.

ART

The Tiki love art, and will draw any race that they find interesting in some certain way. They try to understand the deepness of it all, but will occasionally make mistakes, some of which might cost them their lives.

Glint of Genius
By Rewel

Wexxian
By Fergo

Friend

By Rewel

The Battle for xx

By Rewel

Post-Post Modern

By Fergo

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:04:55 am by Neonlare »

Nurizeko

"What the hell is this? your TV is broken..."
<light being> "*droooool* jesus look at those tones"

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature : The Tiki
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 02:28:26 pm »
Great species, kind of makes me wish I'd spent more time being more original with the physical design of my own species.  :-\

Really like the Tiki though, good work!  ;D

Edit: I decided to make another species, the Eodu, to be a little more creative.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:57:59 am by Havoc »
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 02:29:53 pm »
Great species, kind of makes me wish I'd spent more time being more original with the physical design of my own species.  :-\

Really like the Tiki though, good work!  ;D

I wasn't lying about that Spore as we know it, I'm gonna be making some mini-comics on these races :).

Thanks for the possitive comments, I'll add some more information when I can :D.
Nurizeko

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 02:40:38 pm »
Their tyranical leader, a super computer, is one of the single most advanced, complicated contraptions on the ugly mug of their planet! If you asked it to make some toast it would do so, all 255 ways of doing it. Of course it won't though, it's blinded by the belief of the ViS, and will single handedly pick the most boring slice of toast you will ever see. Strike it with your fist and it might aswell burn it. It's more interesting that way.

// Hey shrimpkins! I think I see a carnivore coming! It sure looks big and mean... bristling with teeth and spines. Better nuke it just to be safe or it could slightly injure you!

But seriously. If you even so much as look at one of our colonies, your home system will be reduced to a smear on the starmaps before you can say 'Help! Incoming". I hope thats nice and clear.
Ta-ta! Losers//

A race which nuked themselves out of cowardice... awesome  ;D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:47:50 pm »
these guys are just going to love the Rinthuu

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:10:53 pm »
Very neat little creature you have.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »
HA! That is fantastic. :D

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 05:47:37 pm »
//We find your decimation of your homeworld's indiginous predators to be appalling. We also find your hatred of the Vis to be appalling. They look funny! I mean, look at them. So squishy. I want one. Wait...What was I talking about? Oh yes. Endanger any more non-sentient life and we will set fire to you, you walking stumps. Or poke your eye out.//

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 11:24:44 pm »
Cool creature! Pretty funny.  :P

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 10:01:48 am »
I'm glad everyone likes this creature :), the Tiki seem to be making enimes though XD.
Nurizeko

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:33 am »
A Wexxian small cruiser jumps into the Tiki home system and transmits a message to the Tiki:

\\Greetings Tiki, we are the Wexxians. We welcome you among the the spacefaring races (I assume that they are spacefaring  ;)).

Even though we do not like the fact that you nuked your planet; done is done and we hope to see more of you in the interstellar community.

Best of wises for the future and the Wexxians eternal love to all Tiki \\

The ship jumps out of the system again...

(OOC. thats some pretty interesting species you got there, really nice  ;) love the pics man keep em comming.)

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 10:50:09 am »
A Wexxian small cruiser jumps into the Tiki home system and transmits a message to the Tiki:

\\Greetings Tiki, we are the Wexxians. We welcome you among the the spacefaring races (I assume that they are spacefaring  ;)).

Even though we do not like the fact that you nuked your planet; done is done and we hope to see more of you in the interstellar community.

Best of wises for the future and the Wexxians eternal love to all Tiki \\

The ship jumps out of the system again...

(OOC. thats some pretty interesting species you got there, really nice  ;) love the pics man keep em comming.)

(Nice)

\\This is Captain Tish from the Tourist Vessel "Don't Shoot Us." We come in peace aswell, could we interest you in some holiday deals?

Just kidding, this is Captain Tish of the Tiki Armada "Frag Happy." We mean you no harm as of yet, we would like to make contact with your species, talk, maybe admire some art, so forth.

We would also like to inform you that if we had not nuked our cities we would most likely have been wiped out. Besides, the supremely evil ones have now turned themselves into cute Jaki's.

Enjoy your stay on Ridili if you ever come!//

(OOC: On a side note, they only nuked their towns, not the wildlife, but since they were a major part of the cology it threw everything up in the air.)
Nurizeko

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:55:28 am »
Neonlare I must say that you have a most well dewelloped sense of humor. I am looking forward to hear more about the Tiki.

If you want to know more about my species then check out; http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3763.0

keep up the good work  ;D

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 12:02:40 pm »
Updation of the topic, Religion!

Coming up : Planet Geography!
Nurizeko

werechicken

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 12:10:18 pm »
erm... not to rain on your parade, but, you do know the major destructive force from nuclear weaponry is the initial shock wave and the heat, the radiation is actually an unfortunate side-effect