Author Topic: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND  (Read 19031 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:58:43 am »
Since everyone seems averse to voting in the Island of doom game heres a different version which is actually meant to be just like an old infocom game.
People take it in turns to type in a command and to describe the outcome (be it, "you escape the island" or "I didnt understand that".

Ok:

Welcome to ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND. Copyright 1986, Infomax Systems Inc.

You find yourself in a clearing. There is a LEAFLET here. Obvious exits are NORTH and WEST. A BIRD sits atop a high branch, watching you.


Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:04:25 am »
>get all

You get the leaflet.
Nice try, but the bird is too high for you.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 01:09:03 pm »
>Sing to bird
You sing to the bird making it angry,so it poops on you.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline sgore

  • SunDog Pilot
  • *****
  • Posts: 3383
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:11:05 pm »
>Search for less obvous exits.
Well there is the Wormhole.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 01:23:50 pm »
(Youre really supposed to let the person after you do the consequence and do the next command yourself... like this)

>Enter wormhole

- I dont think it would be a good idea to do that now.

>Look wormhole
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Leng

  • Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • *****
  • Posts: 2795
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 02:43:23 pm »
examine wormhole
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 03:08:58 pm »
No, at this point you need to write the description of the worhole and a new command for the next person to answer.

Or to put it more properly

- I dont understand you. Talk sense.

>look wormhole
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

7 who ate 9

  • Guest
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 03:25:04 pm »
- The wormhole looks like a gaint swirly thing.  You wonder how worms could possible liver in there.

> Look WORMS.

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 03:29:25 pm »
-They are squirming around in a disgusting fasion... theyd probably be pretty tasty if you were a bird...


>Get WORMS
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

7 who ate 9

  • Guest
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 03:37:12 pm »
You reach in the wormhole, and you fall in, ruining the plot. You idiot. You should've "Read Leafet"! God! You were going to solve a mystering, fight some dragons, but no..... How are going to find out the mystery of the bird now? He could've been speacil or something! So yeah, you pretty much just lost the game, you can try to get back to that place and start over, but the wormhole took you to a random place.

-You wake up in GRASSY PLAINS. There are some ZEBBRAS over there, some COWS in a hole. You still have ye LEAFET.

> Look COWS...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:39:48 pm by 7 who ate 9 »

Offline Krakow Sam

  • Moderator
  • Dungeon Sieger
  • *****
  • Posts: 24483
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 03:41:51 pm »
- Are you sure? This could just lead to another wormhole incident...

> Read leaflet
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

  • SunDog Pilot
  • *****
  • Posts: 3383
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 04:29:41 pm »
-Leaflet Reads:
How not to fall into a Worm Hole:
1. Go in the other direction.   


>Go in other direction
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Leng

  • Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • *****
  • Posts: 2795
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 05:47:54 pm »
-i don't see an "in other direction" here

>rip leaflet
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Varsity

  • Phoenix Fighter
  • **
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 06:18:20 pm »
It's made of some highly resistant material... Agh... Oh wait, that was against the grain, my bad...  *Ripp*  Now you have two halves of a leaflet...


>Jump Zebras
XYZZY!

Offline WiiForever

  • Lunar Lander Leader
  • *
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE FROM INFOMAX ISLAND
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 06:27:22 pm »
Your small and pitiful frame of a body is no match for the zebras. They kick you into one of the leafelet halves.

You wake up in a blank void. Oh, and all your ribs are crushed. As you almost black out again from the unbearable pain, you see a LIGHT and a FAIRY. Exits are THIS WAY and THAT WAY.

eat FAIRY