Author Topic: DS is starting to look more and more promising.  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: DS is starting to look more and more promising.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2005, 04:27:54 pm »
I don't think this really is that ugly. Up close the graphics don't look that sweet, but I think they're ok. The trees look really good imho.
You also have to keep in mind that the game isn't even close to completion yet.....

It is still ugly.

Edit: ok it may be good for what the DS can handle and I may be expecting to much.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 04:31:22 pm by Cool AN »

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 06:02:57 pm »
Yeah, Animal Crossing DS will be online Wi-Fi enabled. It's also completely free! (Mario Kart DS is also going to be online).

I don't think you would need four people at the same time. I'm sure you can just have two or three people as well.

I just hope they put in some stuff that make it fun to go to somebody else's village...sure, you could have fishing contests or do hide and go seek or something. But that would get old pretty fast. If it's mostly just for replacing the password system from the GCN one, and making it a little easier to trade furniture I'll be a little dissapointed.

That'd be great  I'd love to do this....I just hope that you can connect to players all around the world not only in your region like "Europe" or "North America".

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's going to be all around the world, but I'm not sure. I know that in Animal Crossing DS people can only get into your town if you manually insert there name and town and invite them. This is great, because if just anybody could enter your town chaos would surely unsue.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 06:54:05 pm »
Well, when I get mine I'd like to try out that wi-fi feature with anyone else who wants to try theirs.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 08:53:56 pm »
Sure, if I get a DS and Animal Crossing DS I'll be glad to try it out. ^_^

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2005, 09:16:44 pm »
I'm waiting for some games to get released (such as Animal Crossing) before I grab my DS although if i win that stylis thingy from the podcast game I'll grab one right away. :P I'll be more than happy to test this WIFI thingy.

Offline Sturek

• Microvision Master
  • If we can dream it, we can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005, 02:15:33 am »
I want to try it out too :D But I have no idea when it's going to be released in the EU.......I can smell an import ;)
Life, don't talk to me about life.
                 -Marvin, the paranoid android

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2005, 03:52:39 am »
I still want to get a DS, but I have more important things to buy, like a new car. And I think I'll wait for games like advance wars, animal crossing, harvest moon, etc etc to come out. No point in buying it now when there aren't really any games I want to play on it

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 09:27:27 pm »
The exact reason why I'm waiting I spend all my money on consol games for now.