Poll

Will you create the creautre you currently have designed in the actual game of Spore?

Yes
No
Undecided

Author Topic: Creatures in Spore  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Creatures in Spore
« on: May 15, 2006, 03:31:06 pm »
I have heard recently of a few people deciding against making their creatures that they have spent time developing on the forums in Spore. Now, obviously a large part of Spore is to have fun, be spontaneous and make something you really like. So my question is... will you use the creature you have currently designed in the actual game of Spore(or at least as close a version as possible) ? ;) I'm going to try and make my creatures so thats one "yes" . I just wanted to see what you guys and gals will be doing...

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures in Spore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 03:36:16 pm »
I'll be doing a bit of both. Think first i'll just mess around and go with the flow, but i would like to create some of the creatrures i have drawn/in my head too.

Offline Havoc

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 03:36:36 pm »
In terms of their personality and strategy... yes (as this was based on my probable play style). In terms of physical form... it will probably end up being something completely different, as I won't be able to stop myself messing about with the editor.  :P
For information on my species, the Eodu, click here.
Machine. One. Click. here.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:37:47 pm »
Obviously I'll make them (amongst the hundreds of others I will make, of course); if only to fill out the wiki game page at the very least.

Offline Evil Weasel

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Crazy dancing weasel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 03:43:43 pm »
The belottrians will certainly exist in-game!

That said, I'll also to loads of experimenting and random created as well.
"25 legged tentacles with arms coming from thier arses don't interest me in the least (if that's your definition of originality)." ~Me

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 06:06:32 pm »
Mine is undecided only becuase of the limitations of the editor. If i can figuure out a way to do it i just might make the Nauceans. However sicne it is a while year away who knows if i will still be interesed in the Nauceans by that time.

Offline Evil Weasel

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Crazy dancing weasel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 06:17:11 pm »
Frankly, I sure hope the nauceans make it to the game. They are after all, the most deloped (and famous) of all non-demo creations. Man, they practically represent spore.
"25 legged tentacles with arms coming from thier arses don't interest me in the least (if that's your definition of originality)." ~Me

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 07:24:36 pm »
I agree, some of the fun of Spore will be trying to break limitations. If your Nauceans aren't provided with a pseudo mandible, you just have to figure ways around it lol. You of all people are creative enough to work things out. I think it will be neat seeing what the differences are between what we designed and what we actually end up with considering the limitations of any program.  :D

Offline Evil Weasel

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Crazy dancing weasel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 07:40:29 pm »
Yeah, fair point. As of yet I haven't seen any indication of the availability of fur...though it's so basic a necessesity that I doubt it'll be left out.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 07:44:08 pm »
i think the first time i play, i'll just randomly evolve something based on the environment and whatnot...but once i unlock the genetic whatchamacallit; spore, say hello to the torpals! :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 11:20:22 am »
Ill play around for my first few creatures, but do expect to see Auyuelcliads, Rapxeons, Sulli, Drann, Slorthiums....
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Creatures in Spore
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 01:01:38 pm »
I will first make something randomly, after that I think I will try to make my drawned creatures

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 01:42:26 pm »
Ironically, I have SOOOOO many ideas for creatures but I suck at drawing. However, I can imagine myself creating my awesome creature ideas with the easy-to-use editor.