Author Topic: More info?  (Read 3952 times)

Offline WoozleWazzle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
More info?
« on: May 14, 2006, 11:54:42 pm »
Both GDC and E3 have came and left and public awareness for Spore is growing.
When will we see the next buch of information? I need something to look forward to!

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."  —George Bush, Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." — March 13, 2002

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Re: More info?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:01:14 am »
There's been talk of a stand-alone editor being released prior to the game itself, much like the Body Shop for Sims 2. No word from Maxis/EA about it so far though.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 06:11:35 am »
Otherwise we will need to wait and see if there is another information blackout and how long it lasts.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Maxis go on a psuedo hiatus for a while to let people absorbe and find out what information is out there before slowing providing new information.  Similarly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd new bit of "leaked" Spore information over the next few months while everything is being worked on at Maxis.  I am hopeful for an editor release, maybe in late fall to give the community time to work out as many kinks as possible in the editor software while providing a great hook into the game.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 06:58:21 am »
Releasing the editor earlier would surely help them with bug finding before the release.  Let's hope they decide to actually do that.

Offline dvalladt

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:40:49 am »
I hope they begin sending something like a weekly newsletter, like what they did for Sim City 4 or The Sims 2...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 07:44:42 am »
Judging by the amount of newsletters they've sent since last year, I'm not holding out much hope. :-\

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 07:46:22 am »
Judging by the amount of newsletters they've sent since last year, I'm not holding out much hope. :-\

0 te be exactly  :-\
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 08:14:00 am »
Yeah, I signed up hoping to at least one thing a month.  Now that E3 is over with maybe they can start a weekly/monthly newsletter.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 08:18:20 am »
I think we'll get gradual bits of info over the summer.  An interview here, preview there...  but we won't start seeing the rush of info until around october-ish

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 08:40:52 am »
Well... Will is in about... 3 hrs of talking/playing spore videos... Now that's a LOT of time! I just hope that he will talk about an hour about... the game AGAIN this year (another presentation)
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:31 am »
I'm not looking forward to the newsletters except as eye candy.  I would be very surprised to see much new information (at least for a while) though I am hopeful we will see some interesting creatures and some nice in-game shots.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 07:29:51 pm »
They didn't even send a little note to say the page had been updated.   :(
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline catnip18

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 04:05:59 pm »
The thing is that they will proabablely send more news soon because there most likely form what they said, there wont be another e3 with spore in it(hopefully) and if they plan to not do another e3 then we get a steady flow of info, which is why i think they put the news letter in.

We can only hope tho right

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 04:24:29 pm »
Expect a huge chunk of info sometime around march or april of next year.  :P
"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline catnip18

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 04:46:48 pm »
That type of poste is completly pointless, put something relevent that we didnt allready know...btw