Author Topic: My First pvp video for WOW  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Sawmill

• Mystery House Madman
  • WoW
    • View Profile
My First pvp video for WOW
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:55:17 pm »
Hey this Characters name is Sw, she is a NE level 19 twink rogue, Twink is when you make your character extra good with enchants and gear if you didnt know, Hope you enjoy the vid! thanks for watching.

http://media.putfile.com/Pvp-Sw

is it any good?

Hey i play Wow and i have many Char. on server name Norgannon alliance. ( US ), if you play on this server horde or alliance email me at gregroberts7@yahoo.com . see yea ingame!
Current level- 60 ( almost 61 )

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: My First pvp video for WOW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:40:14 am »
Get rid of the emo music, and get something less slow/emo.
And more kickass, as music should go with massive pwnage.

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 05:08:18 pm »
lol, its ok L)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 05:41:46 pm »
Wow PvP in World of Warcraft look pretty boring.

(Or is just like the many sports that i do not get.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 05:45:02 pm »
Sorry, as a long time WOW player, I don't think that video incorperated any skill using the rogue class. All I saw was a geared out twink doing sinister strike, evicerate and throwing some bombs.

What we would like to see is you assasinate one person out of a group by yourself, and ended up killing the whole group as you train them away and kill them isolated one by one. Something that shows how you can use your terrain and your skills to kill someone instead of relying on your gear to get huge crits.

But don't be discouraged, keep playing and keep making videos.  :)   I'm just a jackass that likes to critisize people and not do anything.   ;D
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 05:49:02 pm »
Could their be any audio commentary for use WoW noobs so we get the depth strategy involved? (I do not WoW but i would like to know what peeps see in the game.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 05:53:29 pm »
Well... I'm not sure what you are asking here.. me to explain wow strategy? or just commentate on this wow video?

Cause I can go on talking about wow all day.... it's what we do when you get bunch of people inside a ventrilo server and geek out all day doing nothing but playing this game.  :-[   :P

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 05:55:43 pm »
I was think that the next video could contain audio commentary instead of music.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 05:58:22 pm »
Hmm... Linkin Park and sone 80's rock in between... I was bored. Haha

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 06:03:47 pm »
Well, usually, wow videos are just videos and music, because people who understand and who most appreciate these videos are the ones who has extensively played that class to level 60 and learned all the great aspects of it (I know I sound like an elitest, but I swear, you have no idea what it means unless you have known some of the most serious WOW players... they are NUTS..... and it's not in a good way).

Anyways, I played 2 characters to their fullest extent, the Paladin class, and the warlock class. Now given, that I have other alts that are also over the level 30 and I have some idea of how the other classes work, I have never leveled to 60 for any other class, thus, if I saw a video of another class just killing people around, I will have no appreciation of their work. However, if the video was of a paladin, or a warlock, I will know what they are doing, and what is skill and what is just pure gear. Now, I critisized this video cause I played a rouge, althought not to 60, but I have a lvl 30 undead rogue that I abadoned, but I have extensively PVPed with. I know the class somewhat, and from what I saw of the lvl 19 twink video, I don't consider it to be skill (give the reasons I had above).

Now, to the topic of giving a commentary after explaining all this, here is the bottom line: there is not need for one and there never will be because no consideration is given when the video is made, which is targeted towards people who played WOW and played/closely engaged with that specific class. So that is why  :P

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 06:25:37 pm »
Sound like the game really like strategic depth if you ask me. I have seen other games with audio commentary's and it helps a lot even if i know the game inside and out. The last game i saw a audio commentary's was BFME 2 which showed how to play elves. I'm pretty good at elves and know all the basics. But this video was still intersting because it show new way to think that you may no have picked up on even with long time experience with playing elves. Their is no one that knows all the tricks in BFME2.

If all the tricks are allready know in WoW then the game look boring because it is boring and not because i do not understand it. (Plz prove me wrong. I like to know more about the tricks in this game.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 07:17:20 pm »
Too lazy to prove you wrong. And I have to say... the game doesn't take that much skill, just dedication. Much different from guildwars.

Offline Sawmill

• Mystery House Madman
  • WoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 08:06:24 am »
yea true guys, thanks for the inputs, i did do the music sort of fast, i was in a hurry to upload it, and i should have allot more 1 vs. 1, its hard though becasue alliance twink in our server is so good, and we just win every game, next time ill fix the music and make it more 1vs.1. thanks for the inputs.
Hey i play Wow and i have many Char. on server name Norgannon alliance. ( US ), if you play on this server horde or alliance email me at gregroberts7@yahoo.com . see yea ingame!
Current level- 60 ( almost 61 )

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 04:08:10 pm »
1v1 is good, but it'll be cooler if you can kill a group of 2 or 3 by yourself. Like kill one first, and get the other one without using too many potions and help. Stuff like deception (not a spell, the word itself) and speed advantages of rogues. Just saying, don't have to do what I say.  ::)

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 12:39:33 am »
one reason i quit wow was this:

twinking level 19s.

another reason i quit wow was this:

people naming their characters something retarded, like "sw" and getting away with it.

yet another reason i quit wow was this:

people making videos of their characters being so "awesome" in pvp. let's see how "awesome" that twink actually is in southshore/tarren mill. yeah, refer to the top reason.

note: these are not all of the reasons, there are many more.
and sawmill, try to continue your wow threads. you seem to generate many.