Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto + Elder Scrolls + Online = ?  (Read 4249 times)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
Grand Theft Auto + Elder Scrolls + Online = ?
« on: May 21, 2005, 11:09:23 am »
So, I was playing Daggerfall today (yes, I still play Daggerfall on my state of the art supercomputer which sucks up all my money) and I thought to myself, "holy ****, imagine if GTA had a world like this!" Then I realized that a world that big in GTA would be crazy and you'd never get anything done. THEN I thought, "Whoa, what if it was online and there were tons of people everywhere?" Now, call me crazy, but having thousands of people online in an enormous world with GTA gameplay would be AWESOME, agree you not? Of course, there would be a lot of kinks to work out, like how you would have thousands of people driving like maniacs across a to-scale model of North America, but with enough funding I'm sure they could figure it out.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto + Elder Scrolls + Online = ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 01:06:33 pm »
I think the only reason GTA will never be an MMO game is because people would be running around killing eachother endlessly.  Put in the cheat where everyone has weapons, the reople riot, and the traffic is insane...then multipy that by a thousand to get an idea of what GTA Online would be.  I hope they do have online play in the next game, however it should only be between a few players and they can do whatever they want.  For example, I always wanted to play car tag with my friends.  You could do a load of other stuff too like race around the map...have fighter plane jet fights...drive down the highway in monster trucks...the list is endless.

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 01:30:39 pm »
I don't know about MMO type game, but online version would be neat. Sorta like 25 to Life, but not crappy  :D.

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 02:09:20 pm »
They are already trying to make the GTA formula into a MMORPG. For Better or for worse. Its called All Points Bulletin

http://www.pcvsconsole.com/news.php?nid=2952&pl=pc

The company doing it it setup by one of the GTA creators if I recall correctly, so it should have some of the idea's... well more like copy & paste :D

Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:02:23 pm »

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 08:46:53 pm »
I've seen this before, its been around for awile. But theres no real purpose to it. I would rather see something like Counterstrike or Halo 2 on Xbox Live. Win conditions such as capture the flag (steal opposing teams car), deathmatch, king of the hill (hold the turf), maybe something like the plant the bomb in Halo 2 but maybe a gang twist. Something like graffiti their base.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 11:31:41 pm »
Well assuming that there are cops out there to up hold the law and there is a real penality for getting caught it could do it possibly if you allowed people to be actual cops.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 06:40:17 am »
I've seen this before, its been around for awile. But theres no real purpose to it. I would rather see something like Counterstrike or Halo 2 on Xbox Live. Win conditions such as capture the flag (steal opposing teams car), deathmatch, king of the hill (hold the turf), maybe something like the plant the bomb in Halo 2 but maybe a gang twist. Something like graffiti their base.

You can't compare GTA to Halo in terms of multiplay and online gaming, seeing how one of them wasn't intended for multiplayer...

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 06:53:35 am »
I don't mean to "compare" them persay, just suggest type of games that could be implemented in if multiplay was added. Clearly they're two different and excellent games in their own right, but this is a topic of multiplayer GTA and I'm just saying what type of games would seem cool.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 07:35:48 am »
GTA gameplay in an MMO?  Would be folly in my opinion... i find the GTA gameplay damn difficult to do.  Then again that might be because i can't stand using joypads.

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 09:10:16 am »
You should try the PC versions, Janos. Its the only way I play. Not to mention the endless mods, player skins, car skins, and other amounts of content that the communities make.

Offline Pir0

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Dolphin Rave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 09:16:48 am »
Get a rocket launcher with two friends and start blasting away at everyone in the streets. While they scream, "FUXING TEENAGERS DUN UR MOMMA TEECH U BETTAR THN THAT?!?"

It will be a guilty pleasure.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 01:57:25 pm »
I've played the PC versions - i don't like the storyline of GTA3 or Vice City and find getting rocket launchers and rampaging round the cities pretty boring after 5 minutes if i'm honest.  I just don't think an online version would work.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 08:50:14 pm »
It's not really about the story, it's about mindless kill action!

Offline Pir0

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Dolphin Rave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 09:33:55 pm »
It's not really about the story, it's about mindless kill action!

Amen