Author Topic: The Imagination Game  (Read 15236 times)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
The Imagination Game
« on: May 12, 2006, 05:45:29 pm »
I'm back from my absence and made up a new game to enjoy. First since its a game i don't know if belongs here since its entirely about creatures or if it goes to the games section since it well a game so you moderators check up on that.

Now to the game, i got the idea from an old pikmin 2 game and from the card sporepedia, this is a game where you draw up a creature and turn it in to the raters who now is only meá ;D where they will rate them on a scale of one to one-hundred,
1-20= this is so unimaginative it make the humans look good
21-40= could use much improvement, add an arm with 7 fingers or something
41-50- eh its different but not too different
51- 60= okay
61-70= pretty imaginative but you could do better
71-80=wow who would of tought of that
81-89= awesome, near perfection
90-100= this is the shiz, no one could dare think this up, now that is using you brain

on the event that you get a score of 95 and up you get the choice of becoming a rater
right now there are people who have this invitation and thats
Gaming Steve for he has power over all and on the slim chance he wants to rate he gets full fledged rating powers

Hydromanerx you to get rating addmision but have to tell me first
also every moderator can get rating powers but have to inform me
these are rules

1. you cannot use something already made even if its a work of art so now neuceans, torpals, or any of that.
2.be as imaginative as you can be but your creature must make sense.
3. when you show a creature you must show info, here is a simple example:

name: Jarckroc

and last you give a summery of you creature

the jackroc is a medium sized creature that camouflages as a rock and when you get near it grabs you with its long flexible tentacles into its mouth. its nose and ears are camouflaged as leaves to make it seem more like a rock. it has six arms with two of them with claws. it uses its flinging arms to push its self across but it prefers standing in one place. the clawed arms are camouflaged as vines

the rating system is like this
the pic is 30 points
the name is 1 points and the summery is 40
and overall imagination 30 points

there sweet and simple, make something up and give your brain an exercise.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:16:49 am by a13gt »

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: The Imagination Game
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:56:40 pm »
1. you cannot use something already made even if its a work of art so now neuceans, torpals, or any of that.

shucks... :D

i'm wondering also...i have a bunch of creatures i've already conceived, but they're native to the torpals' home planet, so if i ever get around to putting them up on here, would they be 'eligable' for submission, or not, since they're related to a pre-existing creature?

anyways, nice idea...the only downside i see is people feeling bad if their creature scores poorly...

edit: good to see ya' again; neat creature too
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 05:58:33 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 06:26:42 pm »
Interesting. Though i think we should get to rate past creatures sicne they have never been rated before.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:44:34 pm »

shucks... :D

i'm wondering also...i have a bunch of creatures i've already conceived, but they're native to the torpals' home planet, so if i ever get around to putting them up on here, would they be 'eligable' for submission, or not, since they're related to a pre-existing creature?

anyways, nice idea...the only downside i see is people feeling bad if their creature scores poorly...

edit: good to see ya' again; neat creature too

if they are related to the torpal they probably have multiple arms but if you tweak them they could be eligible, if someone gets a low score don't be ashamed since hopefully be multiple people rating it, thanks for the welcome feels great to be here after watching e3, I'm still shuttering from excitement, so much spore updates, also even though i haven't post I've stalked for a while and am sad to See the Anubian still with no post but I'll bring it back now that I'm back in business

and to Hydro, the creatures from the past leave them in the past, Lets keep this full neverbefore seen "things"(tired of using creature).
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 06:57:49 pm »
if they are related to the torpal they probably have multiple arms but if you tweak them they could be eligible,

surprisingly, no; they're all wild animals with 4 limbs...no, i take that back, there's a 6-limbed bug-ish creature. but yeah, none of them resemble torpals...cause i dont mean related as in genetically, i just mean like they're not random creatures i made up, i made the for the torpals' planet...

hah well i guess we can just figure it out whenever i get finally get them up here... :D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: The Imagination Game
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 11:39:28 am »
I read this thread and then made a scetch in photoshop to try this game out :P
Its not as original that it could have been, but its just a fast scetch I did

This thing I named Ill'kaenga and the inspiratsion source is the kangaroo
when I give it a second look I noticed the legs are to small :P
but imagin them much larger

Stats
Strength: 1
Speed: 4
Stealth: 2

The creature is hebravore and live in packs. They are good camoflaged in the deserts but the packs in the green jungles are not. The creature have six tailes to balance the body. They use their arms to build nests and carry plants for their offsprings who still live in the nest. Their horns is for defending themselves from predators and their legs are designed for running to avoid predators. The Ill'kaenga is a rather peaceful creature and may evolve to a sentient creature.

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 11:43:46 am »
if you look at my new creature concepts I rated them on a 1-5 scale for each attribute and then a total one
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 01:38:41 pm »
My first rate, congratulations Zneeezzz your the first costumer lets see

This thing I named Ill'kaenga and the inspiratsion source is the kangaroo
when I give it a second look I noticed the legs are to small 
but imagin them much larger

Stats
Strength: 1
Speed: 4
Stealth: 2

The creature is hebravore and live in packs. They are good camoflaged in the deserts but the packs in the green jungles are not. The creature have six tailes to balance the body. They use their arms to build nests and carry plants for their offsprings who still live in the nest. Their horns is for defending themselves from predators and their legs are designed for running to avoid predators. The Ill'kaenga is a rather peaceful creature and may evolve to a sentient creature.

Pic score: a good drawing, shows allot, multiple tails good, looks more like a discombobulated grasshopper then a kangaroo to me, the horns are nice and theres three! overall i give you a 43 but the critics (my bro) gives it a 37

for the name and stats you get a 12/15, good work, the name is fine an the stats are reasonable but the critics give it a 9

the summery gets 22, if they camouflage in the desert why don't the stay there and and tails, for balance 2 or 3 tails is more or less enough the critics say 15

overall imagination score is only rated by me and you get 8 for exotic features

final score: 72
critics score: 69
I say you did well but like the critics say you could do better, the reason you didn't get a better score because it was too exotic, a bit more realistic and it would of been superb, this could be a common creature in spore.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 02:07:30 pm »
well Im happy with the score  :D
I didnt put that much time on it

I will probably do one more tomorrow or later... but with more thought on it

Offline Cdr_Cherel

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 04:23:20 pm »
I have been thinking about a creature, and I have some drawings. It's 100% original, and it has never been posted in the creation corner, so noone has seen it before, as I am not sure it's ready. Would I be breaking the rules if I posted it, as it was not made specifically for this thread? In addition... Are we allowed to post 2 or more pics?
It's not anger what makes us strong, but determination.
And determination doesn't require rage, only faith.

Do you know the Loricentii? Cdr_Cherel's creature. Have a look at it!
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4464.0

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 04:47:00 pm »
I have been thinking about a creature, and I have some drawings. It's 100% original, and it has never been posted in the creation corner, so noone has seen it before, as I am not sure it's ready. Would I be breaking the rules if I posted it, as it was not made specifically for this thread? In addition... Are we allowed to post 2 or more pics?

i think this is pretty much my question too...i guess as long as they weren't already here, they'll be fine...as for multiple pics, do you mean of the same creature, or pics of different creatures? if its just one creature, i'd suggest keeping it to one pic, but if you have more than one creation, i'd say you can do as many as you want...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Cdr_Cherel

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 04:57:16 pm »
I was asking about posting 2 pics of the same creature. One would show it while the other might be some views useful for explanations. I think it would be in order, but I'd like to have confirmation before posting. My creature might not be really groundbreaking, as I tried to create something really believable, but it is not antrophomorphic at all, and I think this might be a good thread for a premiere show ;-P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 05:01:14 pm by Cdr_Cherel »

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
as long as its the same creature on the two pics I think it should be ok...
if its not ok you can just edit your post later :P
the op may not be awake by now if he lives in europe so then you have to wait till tomorrow :-\

and I want to see your creature now ;D

nevermind he lives in miami  ::)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 05:19:16 pm »
ahhh well if its to explain things then yea, i agree with zneeezzz, that should be a-okay :)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Cdr_Cherel

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 05:41:58 pm »
I'll wait until tomorrow to upload files, as I have not written the text needed. In addition, we might have a reply from the thread starter by then. -And I'll have some sleep- I'd be glad if I found some more creatures rated in this thread tomorrow, so keep them coming!.