Author Topic: The Imagination Game  (Read 15097 times)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Imagination Game
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »
still here working on my next Anubian pic and its a big one it be done tomorrow or Monday but about Cdr yes you can post more pics about the same creature but if its two creatures post em one at a time and as long as its not on gaming Steve or any other site but in your house its eligible to be here. so Zneeezzz is right about the double pic and where I live.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 12:05:04 am »
i dont understand why i cant show a creature i already made...........?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Cdr_Cherel

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 02:54:43 am »
Ok, so here we go  ;)

The Loricenti
[/size]
(from Loricatus + sentio, in Latin)
[/size]

The loricentii (plr.) are a race of intelligent beings who live underwater, deep in a planet with no emerged land at all. These creatures can not be found in great numbers, but they are very social and always live in small groups. In the early ages, before "burning mixture" was discovered, these used to live near thermal cracks deep in the ocean, which gave them the warmth they needed.

As they are herbibore, their culture was based on seaweeds, which they have also used for many purposes as Loricenti history progressed. For instance, back in the early ages, seaweeds were used for manufacturing weapons, and tools. Later in the Awakening Times, two rare classes of seaweed where discovered to have fluids which, when mixing, would result in a heat source ("burning mixture"), allowing the Loricentii to expand their civilization and further social evolution, to the modern times. In these times, seaweeds were also used for purposes like "farming" oxygen. This oxygen was used by Loricentii to create their first exploration vehicles: steel capsules working like balloons to get to the surface and beyond by heating oxygen.

Let's take a look at Loricenti biology:

As it can be seen here, the Loricentii are totally armored beings. That means they are rather slow, but strong. They do not need to be fast to hunt, as these are herbibore, sothey need their armor to be protected from predators. the only unprotected parts in the loricentii are the tentacles and manipulators. They have 20 long manipulators they use as their primary motion organs, allowing them to swim at decent speeds, but forwards only. In order to turn, they have to rely in using the fin in the end of their body, although they can't match the maneuverability of many other species in their planet.

As a mean of further protection, they can drop one of these manipulators, with will keep moving on its own, to confuse an enemy while the Loricenti runs away. It will grow again in some time, so no permanent damage is suffered.

They have 8 more manipulators in the shape of short tentacles behind their head. These are mainly used for accuracy purposes in delicate activities, as long manipulators can also be used to wield weapons and general purposes. Obviously, due to that fact, their numerical system is based on number 8.

Loricentii are very sensitive, in spite of their armored body. They can feel water currents and pressure changes around them easily, due to their senses in the gills and forward organs. Their vision is very poor, however, as they belong to a deep dark habitat. Their vision organs are very protected behind its armor, where multiple light-sensing small elements build a single image for the loricenti's brain. In fact, it works like a huge eye, with the hole in armor being the pupil and the multiple little eyes being the cells in our own eyes.

I think that's enough for an introduction.

I'll give Loricentii stats for all elements seen in the sporepedia, in a scale from 1 to 5:

Power 4
Speed 2 (good topspeed, bad turning rate)
Stealth 1
Senses 3 underwater, 1 in another environment
Social 4

EDIT: I was reminded by Zneeezzz to talk about their size. Loricentii are nearly 1.5 meters long, living in a planet with predators the size of a small whale living near the surface, who could eat them without problems; and middle sized carnivores who could hurt Loricentii as they attack in groups.

Thanks for reading! I could post pics of their balloons, settlements, language... but I'm sure this is not the thread to do so.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 04:30:16 am by Cdr_Cherel »
It's not anger what makes us strong, but determination.
And determination doesn't require rage, only faith.

Do you know the Loricentii? Cdr_Cherel's creature. Have a look at it!
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4464.0

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: The Imagination Game
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 03:14:20 am »
Wow, I love it  :o
but how big is it?
like a lobster or a whale?

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 04:15:50 am »
I am amazed... Great work

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 04:48:17 am »
wow, u drew the insides of the creature, sweet
Under construction

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: The Imagination Game
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 06:34:08 am »

This is the Ten'brass

Stats
Strenght: 4-5 depends
Speed: 3 (1 in water)
Stealth: 4

The Ten'brass is a well camoflaged carnivore in the green forests which it lives in. Its about the size of a dog.
The Ten'brass sneaks up on a creature and strikes with it two strong tusks. With the tusks the Ten'brass cuts
small pieces and then it uses its tentacles to put the pieces in the mouth. The eye above the mouth is used
to locate creatures infront of it and the two eyes on the sides are used to watch out from bigger creatures
behind it. The tentacles are also used to build nests, caves and houses later when it is sentinent. The Ten'brass
has a skelleton very like the mammals on earth. The brain is at the back of the body near the tentacles.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 08:07:56 am »
it, somehow, reminds me of a facehugger from the alien movies.  :P
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Cdr_Cherel

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 02:29:26 pm »
I can't wait our creatures to be rated....

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 05:32:47 pm »
 great cretures, lets begin

the Loricenti
 the pics are awespme well drawn and you gave the insides too i'm giving you a full 50 but critic give it a 43 ( thats pretty good)

the name and stats get 13/15, wolde'nt a good topspeed guive a higher speed, no critic vote
and the summery gives you 22.5/25 but critics say 17 (no idea why)

and imagination points give you 7 but critics say 6

total: 92
critics score:n/a on acount of no vote on stats but average to 66

its awesome, wow so detailed and has alot of features espesaily with the amore, you came close, the double pics boosted your score but I didin't seem too exotic so you lost small pionts on imagination costing you rating privleges by an inch (every point counts) but I got to know how does it use tools, with the enticle in the back?

I'll do Zneeezzz's tommarow I'm beat
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Evil Weasel

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Crazy dancing weasel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 06:00:03 pm »
Allright...I submit the creature in my avatar, a belottrian. Let's see just how low a score I can get.  :D
"25 legged tentacles with arms coming from thier arses don't interest me in the least (if that's your definition of originality)." ~Me

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 11:59:10 pm »
I love your creature Cdr_Cherel!! ITs like the best of an anthropod, fish and squid! great job!!

Offline Cdr_Cherel

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 06:04:24 am »
Thanks for the rating! it was close to be 95  :D

In fact, I did not wanted to create a creative creature, just something different to usual creatures, and believable. This was the main point. I wanted my creature to feel more "real" or "possible" than other creatures I saw. So I really wasn't for imagination. I did not expect such a great score. Thanks again.

By the way, a13gt, weapons and tools are used with their tentacles in the back -for situations requiring strenght or brute force- or with those behind their head, for works requiring accurate movements.

I might start a new thread about my creature, if you all find it ok. But it will not be updated frequently, as I have almost no time to draw...
I'd love to hear your ideas about Loricentii in their own thread. Thanks for your feedback to you all.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 04:43:41 pm »
 ok as I promised the Ten'brass

pictures let see, wow some sort of archnid with tenticles and tusks. There is a top view with info(i toght the tenticles were miscolerd tusks) this is great a 47, no critic for this creature

stats are a little shakt but a good name so 10/15 costing you rating privliges
the sumery is good too so 20

and for overall imagination 8.5 for the tentacles, who would of tought of that

total: 85.5   

this is good, creative, but the stats are a little shaky, more prisice results lead to better points but the name is great, also a part where many lose points is the summery, I see that my example wasen't that great, a good summery has basic info besides life style, give things like size, is it sentinent, info on a planet is good too, if ever have trouble thinking a name scramble somthing on the keybord and modify it to make somthing original, also like in Cdr_Cherel case, even though he wasen't going for imagination, somthing exotic could still make sense, those imagenation points can kill your chances if your not carful, not sure its creative, and an arm in the forehead and give it use, a scramble creative creature won't garentee perfection you need to back that up. I hope these tips can bump your points at least by ten points since your all so close.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 05:01:35 pm »
okay here's my first new creature, the Bade (if you want to see different 'subspecies' of it, they're all in the torpal thread)

Bade

Power 4
Speed 3
Stealth 3
Senses 2
Social 2

Bades, as they are known, are among the top predators on the Torpals' home planet of Tjorn, ranging in height from anywhere between 15 and 25 feet tall at the shoulders. There are multiple subspecies of bades, many having slightly different bone structures. Despite their size, they are considerably agile; most  bades either quietly stalk or chase down their prey, at which point they gore their prey to death with their large claws.

"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]