Author Topic: Creautre (???) Topic : Holst  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
  • The Hira-Bira Cometh...
    • View Profile
Creautre (???) Topic : Holst
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:28:04 pm »
==Back-Ground Info

Dwelling into deeper thoughts about the Overdeity of Fear, it got me thinking of the theory of "Super Beings."

Loosely brushed upon on a SNES games called Cyber Knight 1 And 2 (translated by Aeon Genesis) a Super Being is
some form of lifeform that has "transcended" beyond what could be deemed the limits of evolution, reaching an almost God-Like state of being, power beyond any mortal soul.

==Holst==

"When does the Sinner become the Divine? How can one change their own path that they laid before themselves? This is the gift, and curse, of Free Will."

Holst is my kind of idea of a "Super Being." Vastly inteligent, superior to everything yet with a calm, father-like response to every question and response, yet will not interfer with the races of the Cosmos, due to the powers of Fate, Luck, and Will.

"Only when the last river has been poisoned, the last tree cut down and the last flower to wither, will you then learn that the "Power" of money can not save you.

Now, I'm very much certain that SPORE will not have "Super Beings," but the idea of it throws various questions at me.

Are we real, or just a dream of something else? Does everything we do amount to something in the end, or are we merely nothing in the grand scheme of things? What would happen if I were to do something drastic like kill someone, how much of an outward ripple in reality would it make?

Holst is just an idea that has come to mind, Holst would most likely be the Teacher of Spore, it might be him that tells you how to do stuff, etc, Holst is basicaly just an idea of adding depth to the story of Spore.

Now I feel like I've drifted off of topic, but I wonder if there will be an actual plot-driven mode on Spore, maybe in a later expansion pack or something, any suggestions?

Nurizeko

"What the hell is this? your TV is broken..."
<light being> "*droooool* jesus look at those tones"

Offline QReaper

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Knowledge is a weapon.
    • View Profile
Re: Creautre (???) Topic : Holst
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:57:33 pm »
We are what we are. Simple as that. Some things are better left undiscussed.

Oh, and it being the turoial that teaches you thinks would be pretty cool.