Author Topic: Maxis Printing Service! (idea)  (Read 11562 times)

Offline TheMightyWeekling9

• Atari Combat Vet
  • MMORPGs will claim your soul! They took mine...
    • View Profile
Re: Maxis Printing Service! (idea)
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2006, 08:07:06 am »
Yeah, the cards would be more memoribilia of your creature than anything else... if i chose to print it out (on my photoprinter :P).
Sure, you can try to make a card game out of it, but I don't care for playing card games too much, and I just don't think it's worth buying a worthless pack of cards from EA, when I'd rather be playing the actual spore game...
We'll quote your quoted quote, if we want to to quote your quoted quote, and you can quote me on that ;)
ok then... you've been quoted on it

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2006, 10:49:22 am »
Magic the Gathering: Online do have some sort of printing service. You can buy you cards you have won online or something like that. WotC would probably be the best subcontractor for the job.

(But again let player print their own cards if they wish. Read my early posts on the subject so that you do not believe that I'm a for a EA printing monopoly.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Schiz

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006, 03:05:13 am »
Maybe there is gonna be a top 10 of most downloaded creatures on the EA website. then every month they print that top 10 on cards and sell them as booster packs. that way people will put more effort in creating creatures, buildings, planets or whatever to get into that top 10. thus getting nicer cards (keeping the quality high).

- EA won't have too much printing costs because they don't have to print everything
- there will be a select amount of different cards to collect (making it collectable)
- people keep creating new creatures and stuff, trying to get into that top 10 (thus constantly expanding the database)
- Gamers will be extra rewarded if they find their own creature in a booster pack.

to make sure that everybody gets a chance: if Your card has been selected to be placed in a booster pack, you will be removed from the top 10 and be placed in some kind of 'Hall of Fame' (just a database of all printed cards). so if your on 12th place in June.. you'll be on second place in July (as long as nobody makes a nicer creature then yours), and your card will be printed in July..

just a thought..........