Author Topic: Maxis Printing Service! (idea)  (Read 15425 times)

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Maxis Printing Service! (idea)
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 03:16:20 pm »
2) Hit the print button and get twice as many cards for free in less time then it would take to go to the store.

If only the cards were actually cards and not cards printed on a crappy piece of paper. You can't really make a deck out of those can you?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 03:25:24 pm »
So is theirs? That your argument? It was not they how made the creatures and objects. It was players! Sure the players used their tools but that dose not make it players creatures the property of Maxis or EA. If anyone own the Copyright is should be the player not the company that makes the tools!
They could easily put something in the end user agreement when you install the game.
I'm aware of that but that dose not make it anymore theirs. I do not object to this idea and find it as a missuse of copyright law. Also it would not hold up in many courts at least not in Sweden. (Can no say for USA because of all the controversy with Copyright laws in US right now.)
And you also assuming that the printing quality the player use is so mush worse then what EA can provide. I may have a very good printer that may compeat with what EA have compared to quality.
This game isn't meant for people with freaking printing presses in their houses, people who buy this game are most likely casual gamers.
And do casual gamers want to buy cards or print them the card self? I think the answer is pretty simple to that question. If a casual gamers do print a card it will be a card with their creature or their friends creature. Buying a booster pack will not help them.
Or i might find someone who can do the job cheaper then EA with the same or better quality. And what happens if EA discontinue the production? Where shall i get my cards then? What about EA not printing the cards i want (Witch would probably be the creatures and objects i have made my self) what then?
What happens if EA shuts down the Spore servers? The production of anything is never permanent. As for what cards you want, I've stated several times that they would have to let you pick the ones you want custom printed as well as the ones that they put in the packs of cards.
I will still have my creature on my computer and will still be able to print in. And i could allway do more or even start my own community to share creatures.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:28:27 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 03:28:46 pm »
Okay whatever. What about people who dont even play video games and just want a nice card game? It's called a franchise people, it doesn't have to just be a video game, I mean its owned be E freaking A, their pretty much in for the money, and the people who would want to buy the cards would be happy with them.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 03:30:32 pm »
And their is nothing that stops them from printing card.

Why should the player be stopped? Give me one good reason.

Edit: Corrected spelling error
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:32:46 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 03:31:31 pm »
Why should the play be stopped? Give me one good reason.

What play? MacBeth?

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2006, 03:33:42 pm »
Why should the play be stopped? Give me one good reason.

What play? MacBeth?
Don't be a that way. You know very well that it was a spelling error.

(Now corrected)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2006, 03:35:42 pm »
Okay dude. This is now the third time I said this. They should let you print the cards but should also sell them for those who want higher quality. Period. No arguments about how you could make them high quality because thats all up to the person whos printing them and who wants to go out and buy printing equipment.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2006, 03:37:41 pm »
Well that want i have argued for all the time!  :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2006, 03:39:06 pm »
Haha this whole thread is me and you arguing. Lets hope some people on the Spore team see this thrread and get ideas! They'll see how there is a demand for being able to print and buy cards so they'll do both!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2006, 03:45:16 pm »
Yeah i hope so. If their is enough of a demand of card printed by EA then they should do it. Then everyone will be happy.  :D
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2006, 03:47:42 pm »
Haha but the upside is that now I'll remmember who you are in the forums! Gaming Steve Spore community forever!

Offline Lonemessiah

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2006, 05:08:10 am »
I assumed by looking at the cards it would be like a game of 'Top Trumps'.  If this is right even if Maxis do sell the cards i would assume it won't be very expensive.

Remember though that there is going to be literally millions of creatures made, not to mention planets/plants etc.  Do you really think that Maxis could make a printed card for every single one of them?  I very much doubt that there will be printed versions of the cards, and even if there was i would expect it to be limited to Maxis designs and maybe competition winners.

More likely it will be a mini game that can be played on mobile phones, handheld consoles etc.  You would download the content to the device and then find a friend who had also downloaded there choices to their device.  Battle would commence (maybe in a top trump stylee) and the winner would get to keep the cards that he won.  With a bit of luck this will extend to an online pc mini game that others the same thing.

Then again fell free to ignore anything I wrote since it is all guess work and conjecture. ;)
As usual this is just my opinion which has about as much factual content as the average episode of Red Dwarf.

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2006, 06:05:02 am »
Another purpose of the self-printed cards is to show your creature to other people you meet in real life, so you don't need to explain how it looks like (which can be veeeeeeery difficult with so many weird looking beasts)  and what it's abilities are. Like: "Recently, I flew through a alien solarsystem, when I met this awesome creature *shows card*"
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

werechicken

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2006, 07:18:12 am »
Also if they did sell the cards would they put the author on? it could get tricky, legally, depending upon what the original game disclaimer says

7 who ate 9

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2006, 07:49:47 am »
i would rather have the game on a handheld device or on the PC rather than just buying or printing them. That way you could only use the cards you meet in the game, and you wouldn't have the hassle of real cards. It would be better for everyone.