Author Topic: battlefish  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: battlefish
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2006, 01:23:04 pm »
i don't see the point in the stupid sapient vs sentient thing, everyone knows what you mean, so who cares about apart from pedantic people who feel superior when they correct people,

anyway back on topic, its quite likley that the battlefish and that thing is are "related"but really i dont see how it would happen considering they were both probably created without using evo points and as such are the first and last of their evolution chains

Here's a better picture.  Seems to resemble the battlefish a lot.  The texturing really throws you off, though.  It's a good job.
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline Vib Rib

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Multiple Horrible People
    • View Profile
    • RagTag
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2006, 01:49:59 pm »
It's got the same back fins and the same mouth part. Other than that, I don't see similarities.
I'm ruler of this moon, boy.
So if you move, I shoots.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2006, 03:38:07 pm »
Did anyone else notice that the 3D printout of Battlefish got a diffrent set of feet?

Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Full_Metal

• Adventure Ace
    • View Profile
    • Vector Hates You All!
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2006, 03:48:13 pm »
I see no resemblance. A set of fins was used in the creature editor twice. So what?

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2006, 06:11:25 pm »
They resemble each other just about half as much as these two do:

And that ^ is just one generation of change.  Two generations could easily change battlenewt to battlefish... of course, we don't know how many DNA points are really used at each generation....

If they weren't in the same evolution tree, they were probably designed by the same person, or to test the same features.
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline Vib Rib

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Multiple Horrible People
    • View Profile
    • RagTag
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2006, 09:26:41 pm »
No. They have nothing in common except for two parts. The eyes, hands, legs, texture, color, size, spinal configuration, and pretty much everything except for the fins and (and this is the one that seems to be catching people) the mouth, are different in the two models. Even the Willosaurus has way more similarity between extreme stages than that.
Meanwhile, the willosaurus has spinal configuration, tail, eye type, eye configuration, mouth type and placement, accessories, coloring, texture, and markings in common.

Since mouth parts are basically used to define a head, it becomes a primary eye-catcher. But that doesn't mean those two creatures have anything in common but their mugs.
I'm ruler of this moon, boy.
So if you move, I shoots.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2006, 10:38:24 am »
^ or maybe Battlenewt is just the ape cousin of the Battlefish.  Beautiful part of this game is that if you want them to be related they are.  You are making up the story as you go along.  If someone sees a resemblance and someone else doesn't, they are both right.  Its all open to interpretation.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail