Author Topic: How I think Wings work  (Read 6038 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
How I think Wings work
« on: May 11, 2006, 03:07:04 pm »
Everyone complainign about not seeing wing parts here is how I think it works:

Add one of those limb thingies:

Add yet another limb thingy in the middle:

Now using all those fancy things that allow you to change a lot of aspects for each part, attach them wing-like:

and there you have your wing :P

DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
Re: How I think Wings work
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:09:19 pm »
What are you trying to demonstrate?

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:10:38 pm »
You do realise that wings are not made of arms, but are infact hands...

One way or another, we havn't sen any evidence of being able to draw webbing between parts, even though it would be good, and this dosn't actually seem that it would work (the arms wont do anything untill they have a part on the end)
The only thing this would really work for is for asthetic(tr?) details

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:10:56 pm »
I'm trying to demonstrate that just because we don't see wings there doesn't mean they are not there as we can clearly see on the spore figurines there are creatures with wings which seem to be made of limbs like the process I just demonstrated here :)

EDIT:
I know they are not made of arms but those are not really arms they are just limbs that could be used for anything, tail, arms, legs, etc

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:12:12 pm »
I'm trying to demonstrate that just because we don't see wings there doesn't mean they are not there as we can clearly see on the spore figurines there are creatures with wings which seem to be made of limbs like the process I just demonstrated here :)

By the way, we are ignoring JakeCourtney for now.
Read my post ;D

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:12:34 pm »
just replied :P (look at edit)

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 03:17:51 pm »

Although, to be fair, the limbs still wont do anything without being stimulated.
The limbs would have to be specificly designed to flap, and would have to be animated to do so acordingly.

In this sence, although having a special wing peice may not look *quite* so good, it is far more pratical and likly.

All they really need to put in are bug wings, bat wings and bird wings and theyve basicly got every type of wing you need. The more morph chanels the better.

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:24:18 pm »
I don't think wings will really be made this way, because other parts are also attached as a whole part (e.g. you don't need to add toes to your feet).
I believe this editors at the shows are restricted ones to keep the surprises. Or they will be added in a expansion. So far with the common opinions going about right now.
But you might be right, because we actually don't really know...
and I'm too tired to guess  :P
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:26:31 pm »
If you check out the 3D models of the creatures from joystiq there clearly is a winged critter there! Personally I think that wings will be placed in the arms section, maybe in their own subsection?

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:29:04 pm »

Although, to be fair, the limbs still wont do anything without being stimulated.
The limbs would have to be specificly designed to flap, and would have to be animated to do so acordingly.

In this sence, although having a special wing peice may not look *quite* so good, it is far more pratical and likly.

All they really need to put in are bug wings, bat wings and bird wings and theyve basicly got every type of wing you need. The more morph chanels the better.

party pooper ... this person is trying to lighten things up becuase we see no evendince of wing limb thingys on the movie and ppl are sad but u have to use funky magic words (lol!!!) to prove him wrong i think it will be just like he said
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 03:30:45 pm »

party pooper ... this person is trying to lighten things up becuase we see no evendince of wing limb thingys on the movie and ppl are sad but u have to use funky magic words (lol!!!) to prove him wrong i think it will be just like he said

magic words and logic ;)

Seriously, no point getting hyped up over something that doisnt look like itl happen...

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 03:33:12 pm »

magic words and logic ;)

Seriously, no point getting hyped up over something that doisnt look like itl happen...

true ... or maybe its just a demo and ... THERES THE REASON WHY THERES NO WINGS!

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 03:34:37 pm »

magic words and logic ;)

true ... or maybe its just a demo and ... THERES THE REASON WHY THERES NO WINGS!

The reason being?

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 03:35:42 pm »

magic words and logic ;)

The reason being?

its just a demo ... a demo as in like... not complete maybe the wings are not complete

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 03:37:24 pm »
hrmmm
I'm wondering how tolerant the code will be to allow your creature to fly, because flying needs the wings on the correct place, considering size of wings and body and weight of the body aaaaaand whatever I just forgot about right now...
For walking matters it's much easier, because the creature just needs some legs and feet 'somewhere' on the body.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.