Poll

After all the E3 info, NOW when do you think Spore will be released?

Quarter 4 2006
Quarter 1 2007
Quarter 2 2007
Quarter 3 2007
Quarter 4 2007
Quarter 1 2008 or after

Author Topic: POLL: when do you think Spore will be released? (after e3-06 info)  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Deep Lee

• Omega Racer
  • Don't quote pictures. Use words to describe them.
    • View Profile
    • DeepLee.com
I know we did this poll before, I just wanted to see what you all think after e3 06.
I BELIEVE it's pretty much been confirmed for '07, but there's a lot of conflicting theories.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: when do you think Spore will be released? (after e3-06 info)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 02:05:53 pm »
Why don't we wait a day or two before we guess and maybe Maxis will tell us.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 02:17:49 pm »
They've already had the big Spore demonstration. I think if they had a release date ready, they'd have said so already. As was said before, people are expecting too much expecting a release date from E3.

Edit to add: Seeing as they're actually showing so little of the game at E3, and the CGW article described them still in a prototyping stage for most gameplay whenever it was written, (what's the turnaround for magazines these days? 3 months?) I'm guessing 2nd quarter 2007.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:21:05 pm by Fobok »

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 02:20:07 pm »
They've already had the big Spore demonstration. I think if they had a release date ready, they'd have said so already. As was said before, people are expecting too much expecting a release date from E3.

We know they are having info all 3 days, I would expect to hear something even Q4 '06 or Q1 07.  Chill man.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline J3rkfish

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 02:28:13 pm »
I'm wondering what that EA report was lacking that is making people ignore it as a source. I mean EA is the publisher of the game and at the end of the day it will be them putting this out on the shelves so if they release a report saying it wont be out this fiscal year then whats there to argue? People are saying they are waiting for a date from Will's mouth as if it isn't EA whos going to be the one publishing and distributing the game.

I vote Q2 2007 because thats what EA said.

Edit: Corrected. I don't know why I kept thinking April fell into Q1.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:53:59 pm by J3rkfish »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:31:25 pm »
I vote Q1 2007 too because it seems like they still have a bit to do in terms of missions, etc and because a lot of places are saying it's Q1 2007 :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 02:34:08 pm »
If that's  your argument J3rkfish, you should vote 2nd quarter 2007, since the new fiscal year starts in april, in USA habit or so they would have me believe.

I haven't a clue, and will wait patiently... (yeah right..! ... well I will wait anyway).
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 02:53:35 pm »
The third quarter of the US 2006 fiscal year is:
April 01 2006 - June 30 2006
The third quarter of the 2006 Gregorian calendar year is:
July, August, September
The video is at:
http://www.pqhp.com/cmp/gdctv/

The more you know!

But Electronic Arts' fiscal year starts on April 1st, 2006. So, 3rd quater would be October 1st - December 31st. (My best guess would be right around the first two weeks of November, give or take a week -- common release date for games).
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:08:29 pm »
The game looked really imcomplete, so I'd say 2007 Q1.

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 03:45:49 pm »
Ofcourse I HOPE for a release in the 4th quarter of this year, but I expect a release in the 1st quarter of next year.. As has been said many times before on these forums, it'll take as long as it'll take and there's nothing we can do about it.. I certainly wouldn't want to push them for an early release and find out that the game is buggy and incomplete..

Offline Invadernny

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 04:10:55 pm »
Had to vote Q2 2007, even though I really didn't want to. Just finished watching the new video with Robin Williams and whatnot, and at the very end they ask Will Wright about a release date and he does say Q2 07, so that's sad. Not unexpected though.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 07:54:28 pm »
From what i saw in the creture editor i would say 2007 for sure. How far into it who knows. Its not getting done by Fall 2006 or Winter 2006 from what i could tell. I know its sounds bad but i instantly did not want to keep the editor becuase of it being unfinished. Testing is fun, but to buy as a game. Naw. they need their time to make it perfect. I can wait happy knowing its going to be great when they get the bugs out!

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 07:59:41 pm »
Well, considering Wright said April/Early May 07, this poll is now a quiz, lol.

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 08:02:51 pm »
The game looked really imcomplete, so I'd say 2007 Q1.

yeh im worried about how peoples creatures are breaking. I hope they can fix these bugs. But its not all that bad because I think most people will create creatures not like the tall G4 one. I hope the bugs are fixed. If Will has to keep it in chains until Q3 2007, i say so be it.
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm